Club History Port to wear prison bar guernsey twice in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2020 is a battle, not the war. The war will go on until we say it is over.

Keep eating away at them. In 2021 introduce a teal and black jumper in the prison bar design, then in 2022 a silver and black PB jumper that is indistinguishable from the original to the naked eye.

We will prevail.

This is a great first step, well done to the Bring Back The Bars committee and all involved.

It has the potential to crank up momentum to another gear, so long as no long term agreements are made with the AFL to prohibit wearing the guernsey post-2020.

This is Step 1 and there will be many more to come. This campaign is over when and only when we truly have the right to wear the Prison Bars whenever we want.
Yep, in 2021 we can wear 3 times, two Showdowns and one China game. That should be far enough away for the mighty Collingwood.

2020 is a battle, not the war. The war will go on until we say it is over.

Keep eating away at them. In 2021 introduce a teal and black jumper in the prison bar design, then in 2022 a silver and black PB jumper that is indistinguishable from the original to the naked eye.

We will prevail.
It's the black and white that makes it an issue for Eddie, otherwise we would wear all black with a white vee.

He has managed to 'accidentally' insult a wide social spectrum.

Banham, a former journalist with the Sydney Morning Herald who had both legs amputated after surviving a plane crash in Indonesia in 2007, tossed the coin ahead of the game at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Friday night. But McGuire wasn’t impressed with her technique, apparently, declaring on the Fox Footy broadcast that “we should introduce a $5000 fine to anybody who’s tossing the coin and can’t do it properly. Every week, we have someone dropping it on their foot,” he said.
McGuire has previously come under fire for joking about drowning journalist Caroline Wilson, suggesting that Indigenous player Adam Goodes should promote the King Kong musical, and calling Western Sydney “the land of the falafel”.

https://junkee.com/eddie-mcguire-cynthia-banham/199866

I feel like this is just a person who has made off-colour, stupid jokes that have gone down poorly. I think it’s insane to unironically believe that he walks around harbouring intense hatred of races and people with disabilities. But it’s 2019 and what do I know.

a rich affluent supporter ought to take this to court and see what they decide, meaning you take the angle that Collingwood being an equal member of the AFL 18 clubs has not right to determine what another clubs wears, that is solely upto the AFL. That way you automatically can disregard Collingwood in any future negatiations, as it should be

We have to be careful not to confuse the younger supporters that support the afl side. They have grown with the back in black jumper. Sometimes bringing out the old politics of the prision bars will cause unnecessary against for them. One off celebrations are perfect. Appease us older supporters and satisfy the younger ones. Remember the young ones only know black and white as the enermy, collingwood. We will never get the prision bars back for all games. I really like our back in black tops, if no prision bars, its a good alternative, its a tough top

We have to be careful not to confuse the younger supporters that support the afl side. They have grown with the back in black jumper. Sometimes bringing out the old politics of the prision bars will cause unnecessary against for them. One of celebrations are perfect. Appease us older supporters and satisfy the younger ones. Remember the young ones only knowblack and white as the enermy. We will never get the prision bars back for all games. I really like our back in black tops
I never witnessed a Magpies flag because I was too young, but I want to experience seeing our club wear its best and most historic jumper at the top level.

I want us to win an AFL flag in it. That is the ultimate dream for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like this is just a person who has made off-colour, stupid jokes that have gone down poorly. I think it’s insane to unironically believe that he walks around harbouring intense hatred of races and people with disabilities. But it’s 2019 and what do I know.

Casual racism/prejudice is still racism/prejudice.

His issue has always been he speaks without thinking. I remember him making up stories about urine cups being thrown on the Collingwood bench at aami but his story changed from club to suit his argument.

The problem is he’s rarely been called to account.

I never witnessed a Magpies flag because I was too young, but I want to experience seeing our club wear its best and most historic jumper at the top level.

I want us to win an AFL flag in it. That is the ultimate dream for me.

I am luck enough to have seen 13 Magpie premierships , and it is the prison bars that represent success, No other guernsey comes close. End of story.

Calling for Adam Goodes to play King Kong, is not racist ? Are you serious?

We have to be careful not to confuse the younger supporters that support the afl side. They have grown with the back in black jumper. Sometimes bringing out the old politics of the prision bars will cause unnecessary against for them. One off celebrations are perfect. Appease us older supporters and satisfy the younger ones. Remember the young ones only know black and white as the enermy, collingwood. We will never get the prision bars back for all games. I really like our back in black tops, if no prision bars, its a good alternative, its a tough top

LOL. Good one.

On at least 5 separate occasions. He may not have an intense hatred but at some point after bad judgement after bad judgement you have to question what he is thinking exactly.

Yep

Absolutely nothing wrong with the coin toss commentary. Light hearted banter.

The Caro comments were seriously dumb but one thing to remember is that this was a group of 3 blokes. Eddie was neither the instigator nor the worst of the 3. Is that an excuse? No. Should he have spoken up and stopped it? Yes. He did apologise though and I think it's crazy how the others seem to have gotten off scott free.

The Goodesy King Kong comment was pretty obviously intended as an ironic joke about the weeks events. The only mistake he made was doing it on radio to an audience for whom a huge amount were going to miss the joke. People act like he was seriously having a go at Adam. He wasn't. It was a dumb, clumsy attempt at humour, that's all.

I don't even know what's wrong with calling Western sydney land of the falafel. I'm sure people have said the same about Fitzroy in Melbourne and it would be taken as a badge of pride. Falafels are ******* awesome.

Not to mention you're talking about a bloke who has spent his entire life working with people from all backgrounds and walks of life.

Eddies behaviour isn't the issue here. It's that we have an absolutely pathetic soft AFL hq who don't have the guts to make fair decisions on their own and constantly need support from Eddie and Clarko. It's a ******* s**t storm and will only get better once Gil goes.

Last edited:
Possibly unpopular opinion: I'd love to break out the og magenta for a game next year
If it is unpopular, I am siding with the minority too. I would make us wear ALL of our past guernsies.

We have to be careful not to confuse the younger supporters that support the afl side. ....
wtf.gif

So these "younger supporters" don't actually support the club? o_O

.... will cause unnecessary against for them. ..
Well I'm about the last person to wish unnecessary against on anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back