Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
On the Road to draft the Crows recruiting manager made some comments that impacts us.

1. They are looking to split pick 3. GSW comes to mine.
2. They will select an academy or son father if they like the player. Have done it before ie Thomas, Perryman, Himmelberg,
3. They love Henry.

If they trade pick 3 to GWS for picks 12,13 expect a bid on Henry.

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
On the Road to draft the Crows recruiting manager made some comments that impacts us.

2. They will select an academy or son father if they like the player. Have done it before ie Thomas, Perryman, Himmelberg,
3. They love Henry.

Maybe.
Bit of bluster I think more than anything.

They know they ain’t getting him so them looking to split the pick has more to do with how they rate this draft (it’s pretty even after the first 2 as many have already said), -they see more value in splitting it.

Edit -we d do well to take note of what Adelaide are doing as they re one of the best at identifying talent

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club

3. They love Henry.

Yeah he also said he is not sure if Jackson is an Afl ruck mainly because they haven't gotten to see him at league level or forward.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Maybe.
Bit of bluster I think more than anything.

They know they ain’t getting him so them looking to split the pick has more to do with how they rate this draft (it’s pretty even after the first 2 as many have already said), -they see more value in splitting it.

Edit -we d do well to take note of what Adelaide are doing as they re one of the best at identifying talent
Other teams except The Crows and Roos will let a bid player slide but those 2 teams will read out the next player on their list no matter what.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
If Tim Kelly nominates the Eagles then he will get there. Right now, the Eagles are in the box seat.

If we keep Brad Hill he will finish his career at Freo.
This. He’s loves being at Freo. I’m sure we can work something out for him. It’s quite obvious he’s going against his wishes due to his partner.

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle

St Kilda apparently trying to downsize their first. Bell had better have told them too not bother with Hill if they do
Yeah it’d be rather amusing if they thought that by splitting their pick they can simply offer one of their new picks as to be able to still then have another first rounder.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Re Kelly, considering his wife still has an old photo of him on her insta wearing dockers merch and his kid in the same, I am curious as to the reason why last years obvious decision to avoid Freo. I wonder what took him from wearing Dockers merch a few years back to actively avoiding recruitment by the team he used to support(?...you certainly wouldn't get me in an eagles supporters top and hat unless it was a dress up party and I was pretending to be a smug idiot). There's some back story or issue that I would be interested to hear.
There was some talk that in the draft or two before Geelong picked Tim (ie 2015/2016 ND) that we indicated to Tim Kelly that we would pick him at “X” pick and we didn’t.

Not sure if true but what I can confirm from friends that have and others that haven’t been drafted is that a lot of clubs each and every year say they will likely pick up a person at certain pick for it to never happen. A very good WAFL player who I studied with was promised to be picked up as a late pick. We started watching the telecast (Scott Jones style) late in the draft and when St Kilda’s pick ** came up he said this is the one - only for nothing to eventuate.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don’t mind as long as they pass them both over to us. Quite happy to go into the draft with 7, 13, 14, Liam Henry (bid match 15)
Would make it pointless, meaning it wouldn't happen.

Really hope Bell is ruthless here. If they trade up (hypothetically 10 & 18), I'd be wanting #10 and 2020 first for Hill and a 2nd/3rd round. Or Bell says "Brad, you can either stay for another season, or go to Melbourne"

Either way, I hope no one bothers trading with them St Kilda

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
There was some talk that in the draft or two before Geelong picked Tim (ie 2015/2016 ND) that we indicated to Tim Kelly that we would pick him at “X” pick and we didn’t.

Not sure if true but what I can confirm from friends that have and others that haven’t been drafted is that a lot of clubs each and every year say they will likely pick up a person at certain pick for it to never happen. A very good WAFL player who I studied with was promised to be picked up as a late pick. We started watching the telecast (Scott Jones style) late in the draft and when St Kilda’s pick ** came up he said this is the one - only for nothing to eventuate.
It amazes me why clubs promise to draft players.

You would think it be better to say nothing and play poker.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Would make it pointless, meaning it wouldn't happen.

Really hope Bell is ruthless here. If they trade up (hypothetically 10 & 18), I'd be wanting #10 and 2020 first for Hill and a 2nd/3rd round. Or Bell says "Brad, you can either stay for another season, or go to Melbourne"

Either way, I hope no one bothers trading with them St Kilda
I was being facetious- did I choose the wrong emoji?

St Kilda will try the same dumb crap that GCS tried except they don’t have a bottomless draw of 1st round picks. I’m not really interested in 2020 1st pick unless it can ontraded for another top 12-14 pick which I highly doubt. So no deal with St Kilda.

There is some sort of speed dating tinder trade preview very soon where I’m sure Peter Bell will make the BHill price very clear. It is up to St Kilda to then decide whether to trade themselves out of the deal.

There are other clubs we can focus on:
North Melb: pick 5/6 and change > BHill
Geelong: Tim Kelly > BHill (with draft pick swaps as well between the clubs)
Melbourne: Pick 2, 2020 1st Pick, Pick 20 > Pick 7/8, 2020 2nd Pick, BHill
Carlton: Pick 10-12, Fisher > BHill

Just to name a few possible options not incl. St Kilda

Last edited:

Midnite65

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Philadelpia 76'ers

St Kilda will try the same dumb crap that GCS tried except they don’t have a bottomless draw of 1st round picks. I’m not really interested in 2020 1st pick unless it can ontraded for another top 12-14 pick which I highly doubt. So no deal with St Kilda.

There is some sort of speed dating tinder trade preview very soon where I’m sure Peter Bell will make the BHill price very clear. It is up to St Kilda to then decide whether to trade themselves out of the deal.

I thought the Tinder trade thing was last week

Carlton: Pick 10-12, Fisher > BHill

Just to name a few possible options not incl. St Kilda
This trade downgrade idea came up at the tinder for traders event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back