Prediction Our Chances in the 2019 finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon could be going in without Stringer this week. That's great for us.
Yep, going to have to find 7 touches and a behinds to replace :p

After their VFL beating, the cupboard is bare.

I think it's great we need to win both games to make it.

The goal is clear, we know what we need to do, just got to do it now.

Knowing the goal is the easy bit...executing is the hard bit...I'm not confident. I think this season has been so up and down and you only have to be a little bit off and you're gone. Essendon could well come out this week and whack Freo over there, who knows. HAving said that I'm leading the tipping by 8 :)

Knowing the goal is the easy bit...executing is the hard bit...I'm not confident. I think this season has been so up and down and you only have to be a little bit off and you're gone. Essendon could well come out this week and whack Freo over there, who knows. HAving said that I'm leading the tipping by 8 :)

But we're always pessimistic. We're in good form and there's no reason we can't win our last two.

Other results out of our hands, but the results we need are a big chance of happening.

But we're always pessimistic. We're in good form and there's no reason we can't win our last two.

Other results out of our hands, but the results we need are a big chance of happening.

I'm a glass half full guy but I just have a bad feeling about this week. I like being the underdog rather than the team going in to a game full of confidence after a 104 point win, which I wouldn't give up for the world, but I guess as a dogs supporter I'm not used to it

I'm a glass half full guy but I just have a bad feeling about this week. I like being the underdog rather than the team going in to a game full of confidence after a 104 point win, which I wouldn't give up for the world, but I guess as a dogs supporter I'm not used to it
The plastics are favourite...

It's a strange game for GWS. They're pretty much good things to finish 5th or 6th anyway (given R23 v GCS seems a given).

With so many injuries and key players coming back, I reckon their mindset (even subconsciously) for this week will be to just get through unscathed

i reckon when this game gets tough, we have so much more to play for and that will count for a lot.

The longer the week goes on, the more I suspect that we'll win by a clear margin.

It's a strange game for GWS. They're pretty much good things to finish 5th or 6th anyway (given R23 v GCS seems a given).

With so many injuries and key players coming back, I reckon their mindset (even subconsciously) for this week will be to just get through unscathed

i reckon when this game gets tough, we have so much more to play for and that will count for a lot.

The longer the week goes on, the more I suspect that we'll win by a clear margin.

I know what you're saying but this is pretty much the last game of the regular season for them. They could field a quarter strength team and still roll GC. For this reason I don't think they take this one lying down, especially with the break before finals.

We should win though, all things considered.

no - they sorted us out in Rd 1 2018

I'm still convinced to this day we tanked that game. The team selection was the worst I've ever seen.

Fletcher Roberts, Wood at FF, Trengrove at CHF, Hunter in the pocket, Suckling on a wing, Biggs during his worst, Honeychurch starting on ball.

GWS backline is still intact, although their mids and forwards are a bit decimated.

I think we'll wear them down with sheer weight of numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I figure Cameron out this week, Finlayson still out, and Greene being forced to play mid due to Hopper, Coniglio and Ward being out.

What about Himmelberg, he’s listed as test

Yes i believe the Hindenberg will be exploding back into action, however thought Cameron was going to miss (stand to be corrected).

Oh the humanity ;)

Amazes me that so many here are scared of GWS? They only have 1/2 a team. I'm pretty sure we can beat them Sunday..

I'm still convinced to this day we tanked that game. The team selection was the worst I've ever seen.

Fletcher Roberts, Wood at FF, Trengrove at CHF, Hunter in the pocket, Suckling on a wing, Biggs during his worst, Honeychurch starting on ball.
I had the bright idea of heading out to the AFLX to see the doggies not too long before this for a laugh, wish I'd gotten the memo before the trip to Canberra too. That was very bad.

Feelings about this coming weekend are up and down, I genuinely feel like we can beat the Giants this time around, but 'can' and 'should' haven't worked out for us as well as they could this year lol. Have really enjoyed the recent form and hunger though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back