2019 2nd Ashes Test - Lords 14-18 August 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
The schedule isn't great for the test series mainly due to The World Cup but second test starts with two weeks left in an English summer , colour me surprised it's raining .

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Annoying thing is they will try to make up lost overs at the end of the clear days but will lose them to bad light, it's obviously done that way to please the broadcasters just start an hour early and make up the freaking overs

Never understood this absurd policy, and I think it's only in England!
Related, did they make any attempt to recover the lost overs after day 3 at Edgbaston - if they did I must of missed it?
Not that it would of made any difference to the outcome but I recall about 10 overs were lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DrSalt

Debutant
Mar 3, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not raining where I am (about 10 min away for Lord's) and hasn't been for the last little while. Hoping the weather holds off like it is at the moment

Badesumofu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger Federer
More idiocy.

Getting rolled for 60 is the bowlers fault? 5 times we were bowled out for under 300 in 2015.

You're making good, solid points. But you're trying to reason with a fundamentally unreasonable poster. My advice is that sometimes you just have to shake your head and keep scrolling.

More idiocy.

Getting rolled for 60 is the bowlers fault? 5 times we were bowled out for under 300 in 2015.

Doesn’t excuse the amount of boundary balls we bowled to gift them runs. The bowlers were very ordinary as a collective group last time, no surprise we’ve tried to alter the type of group of bowlers

qY72qXy.png

Current radar.

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
Ah well, bed soon and up at 5am for Liverpool v Chelsea.
Won't have to suffer through S Smith making 140+ irritating runs!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back