Bruce Springsteen

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the heads up Cruyff14. I didnt realise it had been released already. The year is slipping away!

I have heard a couple of the early single releases and really enjoyed them. Will get onto now and get back to you.

As a side note and way out of date now, I saw Little Stevie live when he was here. Great concert.

That is just a smooth malt whiskey down a dusty country highway to the Moonlight Motel. So good, I wanted to listen to it again as soon as it finished.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I listened to it in full I reckon about 8 times on Friday.

What are your highlights?

To pick one, I loved Moonlight Motel, something so wistful and haunting about it, of young love found and love lost and a life lived. I found it going round and round in my head until I hit the sack.

All of the singles are memorable, Hello Sunshine, There Goes My Miracle, Tucson Train and Western Stars. I know it's not everyone's favourite but I liked Sleepy Joe's Cafe, maybe more for the imagery of a loved bar we all know. The opening two tracks are so well crafted and set you onto a road you will settle into and find yourself humming, nodding and swaying along to.

The orchestral arrangements and musical tapestry of the whole album is a journey of its own, and the razor sharp lyrics and movement from song to song is refreshing and entrancing.

It has such an old-time album feel but a revitalising new approach from a timeless craftsman.

Waiting for a nice day weather wise to give it a listen.

Got very excited when I heard it being described as a Californian road trip sounding album.

What are people's favourites on the album?

Western Stars, The Wayfarer and Sundown for me. Stones, Hitch Hikin, Hello Sunshine and Tucson Train closely follow those.

Wayfarer, Sundown and Hello Sunshine are my favourites.

I really enjoy the mood of Drive Fast.

Someone on the Port board posted this video from the 2nd night of Hanging Rock in 2013 filmed by TheAussieMusicMan. He was talking about the old days when Port were tougher than the rest and also put up Jimmy Barnes' version from his new album.

I responded with the following - I was there the night that Jimmy joined the Boss at Hanging Rock and sang Tougher Than The Rest in that video, although he also sung it the night before there, (drove there straight after we beat Melbourne Rd 1 2013 at the MCG) and though it was a bloody strange choice of song to sing the part that Patti would sing. Bruce even had a laugh about it. But I saw Jimmy tell the story why he chose it in the video below, despite knowing a lot of other of Bruce's song and what its meant to him over the last 30 years. Jimmy said, he would sing it to himself, when he thought he was falling apart, and then try and be tougher than the rest.

Had this up loud in the car on the way home tonight and thought wow some of the music on this excellent.

My understanding is that the Band wasnt EStreet?

Someone on the Port board posted this video from the 2nd night of Hanging Rock in 2013 filmed by TheAussieMusicMan. He was talking about the old days when Port were tougher than the rest and also put up Jimmy Barnes' version from his new album.

I responded with the following - I was there the night that Jimmy joined the Boss at Hanging Rock and sang Tougher Than The Rest in that video, although he also sung it the night before there, (drove there straight after we beat Melbourne Rd 1 2013 at the MCG) and though it was a bloody strange choice of song to sing the part that Patti would sing. Bruce even had a laugh about it. But I saw Jimmy tell the story why he chose it in the video below, despite knowing a lot of other of Bruce's song and what its meant to him over the last 30 years. Jimmy said, he would sing it to himself, when he thought he was falling apart, and then try and be tougher than the rest.

;)

Yeh nar...Port has destroyed any muso cred that INXS had left....keep away from Bruuuuceeeee

Had this up loud in the car on the way home tonight and thought wow some of the music on this excellent.

My understanding is that the Band wasnt EStreet?

Correct, the "other" band.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back