Grooster24

Club Legend
May 27, 2015
Dlusional
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Surely up against Grundy you would want ROB in and not Jacobs...? At least ROB would be able to keep up with Grundy's run around the ground, one of Grundy's strengths. I can't see Jacobs doing that these days. That's provided ROB is feeling fresh after the rest, and even then I'd back him ahead of Jacobs even if he wasn't.

A lot depends on whether or not we make the finals.

If we make the finals, then Pyke's job will be safe, and JJ will probably request a trade. That makes Fog's 2020 selection a foregone conclusion.

If we don't then Pyke will probably be sacked (no AFC coach has survived after missing the finals for consecutive years, since Cornes in 91/92). If Pyke goes then JJ may decide to stay, which complicates matters for the new senior coach (whoever he or she may be).
So you think Pyke will be sacked.

Imo, he will coach next year... but could be his final year if we don't see any significant improvement.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
So you think Pyke will be sacked.

Imo, he will coach next year... but could be his final year if we don't see any significant improvement.
If he survives, then he will be the only Adelaide senior coach in 25 year to do so after missing the finals in consecutive years.

I'm not saying that he's definitely gone... but history is not on his side.

If he survives, then he will be the only Adelaide senior coach in 25 year to do so after missing the finals in consecutive years.

I'm not saying that he's definitely gone... but history is not on his side.
Imo, Burton's screwups last year have given Pyke an extra year's grace.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
A lot depends on whether or not we make the finals.

If we make the finals, then Pyke's job will be safe, and JJ will probably request a trade. That makes Fog's 2020 selection a foregone conclusion.

If we don't then Pyke will probably be sacked (no AFC coach has survived after missing the finals for consecutive years, since Cornes in 91/92). If Pyke goes then JJ may decide to stay, which complicates matters for the new senior coach (whoever he or she may be).
Other coaches didn’t make a grand final. They also didn’t miss finals by winning 12 games. Last season would have made finals in most years. We will still make it this year. Pyke s going no where

Lots of people seem confident we’ll make the 8 with 2 rounds left.

I don’t know why

Similarly perplexing is how we're betting odd favourites this week.

Third time in the last month they've gotten us wrong (Essendon, Carlton)

Can we please not drop Douglas, Sauce, Gibbs, Otten or DMac...SANFL team has only just recovered from their last stint.

If they go back now we could blow our finals chances.

So we "Manage" them. Send them to scout the Bulldogs, trek Kokoda, anything!!

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
How was he ‘excellent’?!

What a joke. He was ok.

We all knew the club were going to manufacture his 200th.

Must be dropped after that, then delisted...unless he’s willing to play forward pocket in the 2’s next year

I’d say that Roo has fallen into our s**t selection culture. But reality is that he, like Pyke, are key drivers of it.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
If fit, Sauce starts the year. ROB will have to overtake him by being a bucketload better in the 2s than Sauce was. Given what’s happened this year, you surely can’t be confident that Sauce won’t return to primo position.
Why not ?? ROB has played in the seniors almost every game Sauce has been available.

It took about 12 weeks for Sauce to "win" his spot back.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
If fit, Sauce starts the year. ROB will have to overtake him by being a bucketload better in the 2s than Sauce was. Given what’s happened this year, you surely can’t be confident that Sauce won’t return to primo position.
I think ROB will play minimum 20 games next year unless we get Grundy. If Jacobs plays this week(which he definitely shouldn't if the club is serious about winning) he will more than likely be destroyed by Grundy. Personally i feel Pyke will do the right thing and bring ROB back in this week as he is obviously the better matchup for Grundy.

Last edited:

rezagun

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Whatever changes or lack there of this week i feel we will win. Our attack at the footy was evident last week. Collingwood are playing like s**t and have alot of quality out.
Crows by 28.

I doubt it.

I have my doubts Sauce will even be a Crow next season

Why not ?? ROB has played in the seniors almost every game Sauce has been available.

It took about 12 weeks for Sauce to "win" his spot back.

No, it took one ordinary game from ROB for him to be dumped.

Similarly if Fog doesn't dominate this week, he'll be dropped for our last game of the year.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
We got text message from club today just to let us know guest passes still available.

For a game v Collingwood?

I also saw Collingwood advertising on FB saying tix still available.

Natives are restless

Back