Not open for further replies.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Yeah I'd be going hard for Sier. Feels like he could be another JPK, and I thought that before he was on the outer.
I agree but it looks like he's staying in Melbourne as usual, probably Essendon.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Smith, Grundy, Macca. Going to be interesting to what our defence looks like come next season.
I have faith in Melican and Maibaum if they can have an injury free pre-Season but the chances of both of them making it seems to be less likely. They both have the physical abilities but Melican seems to be down on confidence/fitness and Maibaum seems to injury prone. We really do need another tall defender. Aliir isn't a shutdown defender and needs to play as a lose defender. Langdon would have been very handy had we picked him up.

So you think Dawson will stay back in defence? I prefer him playing further up the ground but maybe that’s just me.

Between the arcs for me Ticky. His kicking out of defence is equally as good as his kicking inside 50. Let him just roam wherever he can impact.

He has swingman written all over him IMO.

Jimbo OZ

Team Captain
Jan 19, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
I have faith in Melican and Maibaum if they can have an injury free pre-Season but the chances of both of them making it seems to be less likely. They both have the physical abilities but Melican seems to be down on confidence/fitness and Maibaum seems to injury prone. We really do need another tall defender. Aliir isn't a shutdown defender and needs to play as a lose defender. Langdon would have been very handy had we picked him up.

I can see McCartin being a defensive beast. His marking, strength, and reading of the flight is great for a 19yr old. To me, his skills are much better suited behind the ball then kicking for goal.

ashep

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
We've currently got just shy of 800 games of experience retiring at year end. If Kieren goes, it'll be over 1000.

Anyone know of a club who's lost that much experience in a single off season in recent history???

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
So the Port board seem to think Wines wants to leave Port, and someone here said we were into him. If we are I wouldn't be shocked if we trade out Hayward or Hewett. Both Adelaide boys but Hewett does have a brother at Port. Personally I think Hewett has more upside than Hayward does
Hewett’s brother won’t be at Port next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
I have no idea if this Wines talk is legit - I strongly suspect it isn't - but just the thought of it makes me excited. He's couldn't be more perfect for what we need.

A consistent inside midfielder
Right in the middle of mid 20's - the kind of age we need more of at the club (we have plenty of young guys, we need prime aged guys)
Another leader to prop up our leadership with a huge bunch of experience walking out the door at the end of the year

We've currently got just shy of 800 games of experience retiring at year end. If Kieren goes, it'll be over 1000.

Anyone know of a club who's lost that much experience in a single off season in recent history???

Didn't we lose like 1500 games at the end of 2015?

Signed a 2 year extension
No the article said, "set to sign" a two year extension. Then this news broke. There is no official announcement yet. It'll probably still happen, but other players have been "set to sign" before, and gone on not to sign after all.

No only Shaw, Goodes and Pyle retired about 700 games.
Jetta and Bird were traded.

Oh yeah but I meant like total games lost, not just to retirement.

And I guess those five were more integral to our 22 than the 4 who will retire now are. None are currently in our side. So it will have more of an effect on the overall list than it will on our best 22.

And I guess those five were more integral to our 22 than the 4 who will retire now are. None are currently in our side. So it will have more of an effect on the overall list than it will on our best 22.

This is why I think it is important having McVeigh on the coaching panel. Yes he won't be playing but he will be a familiar sight on the training track and provide a level of continuity for the list, especially the younger fellows.

Feb 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney

Kangaroos lost a few with the axing of their top talent in Petrie, Harvey and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back