Non Lions Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

It's clearly Aker.

Loved him on-field but one of the biggest dickheads in recent footy memory - leaked stories to the press constantly while playing (including in the week before the 03 grand final), blew up his relationship with Leigh leading to an ignominious exit at the end of 06, and numerous unsavoury media comments since. I don't hate him and still love watching his highlights, but easily my most disliked triple premiership player.

Mal Michael lied about retiring and then did nothing for a season (or two?) at the bombers. While annoying, not the biggest offence.

And that's important. You can love and hate these guys. No Brisbane fan could think about those players without a lot of affection. Except maybe for the handful of tourists like Blake Caracella.

It's clearly Aker.

Loved him on-field but one of the biggest dickheads in recent footy memory - leaked stories to the press constantly while playing (including in the week before the 03 grand final), blew up his relationship with Leigh leading to an ignominious exit at the end of 06, and numerous unsavoury media comments since. I don't hate him and still love watching his highlights, but easily my most disliked triple premiership player.

Mal Michael lied about retiring and then did nothing for a season (or two?) at the bombers. While annoying, not the biggest offence.
I still like Aker. To me it just seemed like a guy who didn't know how to handle the spotlight in combination with what appeared to be an impulsive personality. Still seems pretty affable, despite his questionable decision making.

I still like Aker. To me it just seemed like a guy who didn't know how to handle the spotlight in combination with what appeared to be an impulsive personality. Still seems pretty affable, despite his questionable decision making.

Yeah I can see that - its as Ironmonger says, there are things that I like and dislike about Aker. Just if I had to pick my least favourite triple premiership player, its undoubtedly him.

Aker is Aker. He's an original and will continue to make silly decisions but he's generally harmless. Cheats at golf though ;)

dear dear Polly, you were my idol when growing up a Cats supporter. Had every photo ever taken of you up on my bedroom wall, had every story written in my scrap books..

A sad day for the Geelong footy club........and me.:'(

Have just watched a tribute video of Polly on the AFL website. So moving, brought tears to my eyes. Was a lovely story by the AFL and deservedly so.

That video should be shown in full on one of the footy shows. Had never realised before just how much Buddy Franklin is like Polly in size and carriage, also has a similar aura about him, just something special on sight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't dislike any of our players premiership or not.

I know people will disagree but 1 guy I thought was a bit overrated and lucky to be a part of that era was Craig McCrae . Don't know if he would get a game in our current side.

Don't dislike any of our players premiership or not.

I know people will disagree but 1 guy I thought was a bit overrated and lucky to be a part of that era was Craig McCrae . Don't know if he would get a game in our current side.
Cannot agree in any way at all. McCrae & Hart were our 1%'s in the forward line. Matthews consistently highlighted how important McCrae was to keeping the ball in the forward line. Had a long penetrating boot on him as well. Would fit into our current team seamlessly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back