David Teague appointed Carlton coach

Remove this Banner Ad

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
So the players were told yesterday. Why didn’t Carlton arrange a media conference and announce it straight after. Lucky they aren’t registered on the stock market ..... members are sort of like shareholders aren’t they!

The articles i read say they were told tonight

nut

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 16, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Not to mention our style of play has completely changed...just a nuffie comment by nut to take an uneducated pot shot at Carlton.

From 1-10 this season to 5-4, with 2 losses by under a goal and the other 2 by 4 goals to the premiership favourites WC & Richmond...that's a pretty good form line.

I suppose the question is why weren’t those changes made under Bolton?
Was Bolton too pig headed? Or were the rest of the football department happy to see him fail?

He still gets his $800k next year and apparently might get a job connected to the AFL. I think he'll be fine.
Unless the greater aspiration is to continue his AFL coaching career at another club which he has alluded to a number of times

DistantCourteousGecko-small.gif

More and more likely Brad ends up a Bomber.

Could be the first year in a while that the Roos won't be in a position to make a million dollar offer to a free agent that won't come anyway - $800,000 will be wasted on an ex Coach who's probably earning almost as much working in the media or for the AFL.

Yeah if he gets a job with the AFL or in the media we don't have to pay that amount.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corkintheocean

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Can't help but think some new coach bump, positive variance has shone the lightly favourably on the three assistants. Can't help but think if Ratten is also hired, all three clubs will still be in the bottom 6 next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back