Status
Not open for further replies.

ROOTA#6

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
St Kilda
Great post mate. Remember when clubs started having Coaching coordinators? that lasted about 5 minutes. Its time more PD opportunities were presented to coaches. We all talk 'Game Sense' drills but rarely are junior coaches shown these or have access to them. However, some coaches don't feel comfortable doing modern drills and that hurts development. Kids standing in lines, not getting stimulated via small sided games hurts development and lacks fun. As I've said before, its a disaster that we cap out coaching accreditations. Level One is a 'crayons and finger painting' session. It then get a bit harder to get into level 2. Level 3 is open to approx 25 coaches Australia wide and terribly difficult to get into! As for level 4 everyone can forget that as its open to 12 AFL future coaches. Personally think its very poor.

I am coaching my sons under 9 team at Strathfieldsaye this season. The club is massive in that there are so many kids, teams and coaches. We are fortunate that we have a cracking coaching coordinator and mentor to support us..it’s really made my experience more positive

Onlooker1

Cancelled
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
United have confirmed Osborne as the new coach. Interesting to see that it looks like the same sides that have finished bottom 3 last year will again be there again this year. Will be a big ask to get the Demons up the ladder again.

A lot will depend on what the kids at United do. They have some really good talent there. Fiore brazen Chalcraft Angus Hicks and Kyle Clarke all become regular every week players and strengthen them up should they all decide to play at United . They would still need to recruit but I think they are on the right track if can retain players.

I’d be very very confident at minimum two of those bottom 3 wont be bottom 3 next year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

johnno#7

All Australian
Feb 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
A lot will depend on what the kids at United do. They have some really good talent there. Fiore brazen Chalcraft Angus Hicks and Kyle Clarke all become regular every week players and strengthen them up should they all decide to play at United . They would still need to recruit but I think they are on the right track if can retain players.

I’d be very very confident at minimum two of those bottom 3 wont be bottom 3 next year

Who do they overtake thou? Over the coarse of the season a fair bit off the other 9.

Last edited:

Onlooker1

Cancelled
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Who do they overtake thou? Over the coarse of the season a favour bit off the other 9.

A lot of things ha to play out naturally between now and next year but I believe the likes of Tatura euroa Mansfield would be three that could fall. To lesser extent shepp maybe. All hypotheticals really I guess until in’s and outs happen but that’s what I think.

GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC
And the AFL juggernaut rolls on...

The Central Rivers board has announced that the Golden Rivers and the Central Murray leagues will remain unchanged as independent leagues serving through 2020.

According to the board, they will consult with the clubs as to how they would like to proceed following the 2020 season.

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any match summaries from people who witnessed today's games? Looks to me that it might be a fight between Seymour, Tatura and Rochester for the last two spots. Seymour would want to win next week given they have Kyabram in the final round or I suspect they will miss out.

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any match summaries from people who witnessed today's games? Looks to me that it might be a fight between Seymour, Tatura and Rochester for the last two spots. Seymour would want to win next week given they have Kyabram in the final round or I suspect they will miss out.

Tatura have a hard run with Euroa (away) and Shepparton. I think Rochy and Seymour will make it mate.

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tatura have a hard run with Euroa (away) and Shepparton. I think Rochy and Seymour will make it mate.
Seymour will beat Mooroopna and lose to Kyabram. Tatura beat Euros and who knows with Shepparton. Tatura's percentage might get them home ahead of Seymour. 114 compared to 93. Rochy need to win both as do Benalla. And that will not happen given a Round 18 clash. Exciting last two weeks.

Edit. Sorry Seymours drawn game means percentage will play no part. Oops. Mercury cider has done it again!

Last edited:

Silver Tongue

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I still think Echuca will play Kyabram in the big dance. Anything can happen. Shepp got up last year against an undefeated team. There might be a deluge like '92 (possibly only Swoop might remember that). Horrendous conditions.

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
I still think Echuca will play Kyabram in the big dance. Anything can happen. Shepp got up last year against an undefeated team. There might be a deluge like '92 (possibly only Swoop might remember that). Horrendous conditions.

I think you are right Silver. A nice hot 32 degree day would suit Echuca if they were to play Ky. A wet heavy deck would only enhance the impact the bigger bodies of ky would have. Give me 30 plus degrees and I say they are a chance.

Elvis Parsley

Team Captain
Jan 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
I think you are right Silver. A nice hot 32 degree day would suit Echuca if they were to play Ky. A wet heavy deck would only enhance the impact the bigger bodies of ky would have. Give me 30 plus degrees and I say they are a chance.
Not sure of the temperature but can guarantee a strong south west four goal wind .

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
Towards the wing
Echuca don’t have run an carry to worry kyabram
Could be a three peat of ky vs shepp
Great to see the Walker/Maddox combination back at the helm at Echuca next year! I think Shepparton are a threat but the Murray Bombers have them covered at this stage. A lot can happen one way or another for most contenders over the next month.

jon dough

Team Captain
May 28, 2007
windsor
AFL Club
Essendon

I'll have to disagree with you there Ringo, I recon a dry hot day suits KY. They seem to have an edge over Echuca in run and skill, the hot weather and no wind will only enhance that advantage imo. I recon their best hope is a windy scrappy day like last year. Defend very well and make the most of their opportunities ala shepp last year. Still think Shepp are a sleeper if they can hold onto 3rd spot. They will have belief and we all know where the pre-lim and granny are played, which is another discussion in itself.

ringo1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2006
Williamstown/Echuca
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'll have to disagree with you there Ringo, I recon a dry hot day suits KY. They seem to have an edge over Echuca in run and skill, the hot weather and no wind will only enhance that advantage imo. I recon their best hope is a windy scrappy day like last year. Defend very well and make the most of their opportunities ala shepp last year. Still think Shepp are a sleeper if they can hold onto 3rd spot. They will have belief and we all know where the pre-lim and granny are played, which is another discussion in itself.

Benalla V Shepparton is a genuine 'blockbuster' this weekend with 3rd up for grabs.

oz1235

Cancelled
Jan 13, 2012
Tatura
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tatura
I heard a interesting story about incident at the Junior Footy finals at Mooroopna on Sunday.

The story goes..... Echuca marks the ball and the Shepparton Notre player stands on the mark, Echuca take his run up to kick the ball and shepparton Notre player turned around and pulled his pants down and gave the Echuca player a Brown Eye.

A Few laughs were made outside the fence however the Umpire had no choice to give the Yellow Card.

Anyone confirm this happened?

innercircle

Debutant
Aug 17, 2009
Shepparton
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I heard a interesting story about incident at the Junior Footy finals at Mooroopna on Sunday.

The story goes..... Echuca marks the ball and the Shepparton Notre player stands on the mark, Echuca take his run up to kick the ball and shepparton Notre player turned around and pulled his pants down and gave the Echuca player a Brown Eye.

A Few laughs were made outside the fence however the Umpire had no choice to give the Yellow Card.

I left at 3/4QT and that had not happened.
Ball wasn’t down Echuca end much, only kicked 1 goal.
Haven’t heard anyone else mention it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond

I can't confirm anything except that under all of the new child safety regulations, as it was a junior game, anyone who photographed, recorded, disseminated said images, laughed, smirked, failed to report etc, etc, etc could be prosecuted. As for the player, if the player concerned is ten years or older, then such an action is a criminal offence. Am I being facetious? Check the minefield that volunteer organisations have to now negotiate to tick boxes for the conscience of politicians.

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Nothing official as yet Ringo, probably the only league in country vic to have not released it. I have heard (unofficially) that Ky v echuca week 1 will be at rochy.

Was leaked last night but removed because not finalised pending one more decision, being there is a game at Mooroopna week 1 and they want to confirm that will be under lights.

Only other thing I remember with certainty was the prelim and GF were at Deakin but no surprises there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back