List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What are we likely going to get for Elliott?

A selection in the 30’s. Whether it’s after our 2nd rounder or at the end of the second round would be up for debate. Is he worth that? To the right club yeah because he’s not a salary dump. IMO, he’ll stay, but the deal to get him out will need to be at that sort of level.

Maybe a slight left field one but if we were to offer Cox to Geelong for Jake Kolodjashnij, how far apart would the clubs be?

Geelong's ruck stocks are a mess, and as much as Cox struggles as a forward he is actually quite good as a pure Rickman. Maybe the cats would be prepared to move on one of their young KPD to address their ruck issues?

Maybe a slight left field one but if we were to offer Cox to Geelong for Jake Kolodjashnij, how far apart would the clubs be?

Geelong's ruck stocks are a mess, and as much as Cox struggles as a forward he is actually quite good as a pure Rickman. Maybe the cats would be prepared to move on one of their young KPD to address their ruck issues?

Is Jake a key defender? I know he's 193cm or so but does he shut down key forwards? Or is he more a third tall? What playing attributes of his do you like? I haven't seen much of him play. He seems to be the Geelong whipping boy.

If Cox left, how would you address key forward for us?

Is Jake a key defender? I know he's 193cm or so but does he shut down key forwards? Or is he more a third tall? What playing attributes of his do you like? I haven't seen much of him play. He seems to be the Geelong whipping boy.

Yeah it's strange, I have quite a few mates who are big cats fans, so through them I've seen a number of Geelong games. As a pure KPD I think he's quite good, as an interceptor and user of the backline I think is when he starts to lose some cats fans.

In terms of attributes he has pretty good pace and arobic capacity, and is a good reader of the play.

In this scenario I could see Darcy being moved back up forward to replace Cox.

Zak Jones as a Free-agent.

We might not offer him the most money, but he’s the type of player we need to inject into our midfield.

Free agent?

I suspect JK replaces Moore who goes forward.

The only problem is that Kolojasnij is not a KPD, he is only 190cm's and we already have a s**t load of them

I think Cox is a hold onto at this stage, until we get a clear indication of what Brodes is likely to do.
We don't want to offload Cox this year, and then Brodes leaves next year. Two big men out the door, wouldn't go down well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Cox is a hold onto at this stage, until we get a clear indication of what Brodes is likely to do.
We don't want to offload Cox this year, and then Brodes leaves next year. Two big men out the door, wouldn't go down well.

Agree that we would be foolish to move on Cox before having confirmation from Grundy on his intentions.

That being said, there are a few clubs whose ruck stocks aren't the best and it could be interesting to see what Cox would fetch as a ruckman, seeing as should Grundy commit long term, he won't be playing in that position.

Daisy not being offered a deal for 2020.

Bring him home Magpies /s
Can’t say i agree with this decision by Carlton. His form has absolutely earned him another contract. He deserves at least another year.

I don’t like it. It stinks. What kind of message does it send to your young blokes? Cop a lot of critism early on in your move, stay strong and find some great form over an extended period in your early 30’s and we’ll leave you out in the cold?

I mean, Thomas has copped a lot. A lesser player wouldn’t have made it to here and be playing good footy again. Can’t get around this decision by Carlton.

Can’t say i agree with this decision by Carlton. His form has absolutely earned him another contract. He deserves at least another year.

I don’t like it. It stinks. What kind of message does it send to your young blokes? Cop a lot of critism early on in your move, stay strong and find some great form over an extended period in your early 30’s and we’ll leave you out in the cold?

I mean, Thomas has copped a lot. A lesser player wouldn’t have made it to here and be playing good footy again. Can’t get around this decision by Carlton.

I am with you Aishole……...I am really upset I can't post this gif again in the future. F K U Carlton.

250nvyw.gif

Yeah it's strange, I have quite a few mates who are big cats fans, so through them I've seen a number of Geelong games. As a pure KPD I think he's quite good, as an interceptor and user of the backline I think is when he starts to lose some cats fans.

In terms of attributes he has pretty good pace and arobic capacity, and is a good reader of the play.

In this scenario I could see Darcy being moved back up forward to replace Cox.

Thanks for the considered response. I don't mind the idea of targeting a key back and sending Moore forward. I also don't mind the idea of using Cox as a bargaining chip provided we get something valuable in return and it needs to involve a replacement up forward. I reckon Cox would get the job done in your scenario. I'm not sure i'd do it for Jake, but I honestly haven't seen enough of him to make a fair judgement. I like the outside the box thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back