2019 2nd Ashes Test - Lords 14-18 August 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunset in England is currently well after 8pm. The only reason they'd go off for bad light would be if it's very overcast, something that's not guaranteed the following evening.
Yes, actually it is guaranteed. Stupid stupid country. Six entire weeks I was there over one particular summer and not once did I see the sun. Earth has two choices, relocate everyone there, (there's no real reason to live there anyway) and turn it into farms and hope photosynthesis works in the kind of lighting cameras auto pop up flashes in, or just ignore it exists and stop organising cricket tournaments there.

Turn on the tv and some bland drama is on.
Me: what's this? and what part of England is it in?
Wife: How did you know it was in England? No one has spoken.
Me: It's grey and the ground's wet.

Why do people still live there? We invented boats years ago, and the people there used them to send a select few to paradise and then returned themselves to old dreary. Then they happened upon the idea of sending some loyalists to Canada. Why? To keep them in the fridge for later?

Yes, actually it is guaranteed. Stupid stupid country. Six entire weeks I was there over one particular summer and not once did I see the sun. Earth has two choices, relocate everyone there, (there's no real reason to live there anyway) and turn it into farms and hope photosynthesis works in the kind of lighting cameras auto pop up flashes in, or just ignore it exists and stop organising cricket tournaments there.

Turn on the tv and some bland drama is on.
Me: what's this? and what part of England is it in?
Wife: How did you know it was in England? No one has spoken.
Me: It's grey and the ground's wet.

Why do people still live there? We invented boats years ago, and the people there used them to send a select few to paradise and then returned themselves to old dreary. Then they happened upon the idea of sending some loyalists to Canada. Why? To keep them in the fridge for later?
La cohorte canadienne fait partie d'une infiltration à long terme contre l'ennemi de longue date de l'Angleterre, les Français

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that great, rain is forecast for Friday and Saturday but they shouldn't be total washouts like yesterday, will make it hard to make up the lost overs though.

Of course next week after the test finishes the weather in London is set to be sunny with no rain at all.
All clear until The Oval test?

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
I prefer to win the series, don't care how.

The battle between the teams is the whole point of the series.

You remind me of my uncle who calls himself a Freo supporter but refuses to watch any games because it makes him stressed. For all intents and purposes the game doesn't exist for him so what's the point?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back