List Mgmt. Welcome to West Coast: Bailey Williams (Pick 35)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cometti had quite the boner for him yesterday.

As Dennis would say........ "an emerging player".

The thing I like about Williams is his game when the ball is on the ground he has very good hands .
He is still coming to terms with a growing body and I envisage him with another 8-10 kg on his frame , with his agility and that high leap , he will be a handful for the opposition.
Currently he is listed as 199 cm and 95 kg , I reckon he will end up the size of Charlie Dixon / Ben Brown , being 200 cm and 105 kg.

IMO come the 2021 season he will be a regular best 22 player.
Where I see him becoming our FF with also being able to give a chop out in the ruck.

Sensation drafting picking him up where we did..... pick # 35 :) :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

As Dennis would say........ "an emerging player".

The thing I like about Williams is his game when the ball is on the ground he has very good hands .
He is still coming to terms with a growing body and I envisage him with another 8-10 kg on his frame , with his agility and that high leap , he will be a handful for the opposition.
Currently he is listed as 199 cm and 95 kg , I reckon he will end up the size of Charlie Dixon / Ben Brown , being 200 cm and 105 kg.

IMO come the 2021 season he will be a regular best 22 player.
Where I see him becoming our FF with also being able to give a chop out in the ruck.

Sensation drafting picking him up where we did..... pick # 35 :) :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
Sounds like Cometti is not alone with his boner

I reckon he has all the tools to develop into a pretty good ruck in time. It's his first year, and these sort of players take much longer to develop.

Look at how much time we invested in premiership ruck Scott Lycett before he could dominate Gawn and Grundy at the pointy end of season :moustache:

Someone's mentioned this previously, but think the fwd/ruck role that Ryder played early in his career could be something that Big Bailey could project towards, what with his leap and ability to take a grab in a pack. Still took Ryder a good 3-4 years in the system to actually make an impact on games consistently too.

I'm prepared to be patient with him, but definitely hope we lock him away with a contract extension sooner rather than later.
TBF Lycett was AFL ready from fay one. IMO constant injuries derailed his development.

No he wasn’t. He looked out of place initially. He was only just finding his coordination and was too easily moved off the contest
I reckon most 200cm odd in their first season lack coordination and get out bodied. Heck Tim English still gets done.

The fact that Lycett was able to get games in a good side that had NN/Cox means that he was doing something right at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back