Best premiership side out of Bulldogs 2016, Richmond 2017 and West Coast 2018

Which of these premiership sides is the best of the last 3 years?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

bh90210fan

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
How'd West Coast go against Geelong at Kardinia Park this year hmmm?

And how many teams lose to Geelong in Geelong? We play there once in a while. It's likely that many of our players haven't ever played on that ground before that game.
We went 3/3 to get underway, a shaky start but fortunately the hangover wore off since. Staying in context with the conversation, I was pointing out that Richmond weren’t really ‘on fire’ at the back end of 2017. As soon as they left the mcg they were cooked. It was a regular theme

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
We went 3/3 to get underway, a shaky start but fortunately the hangover wore off since. Staying in context with the conversation, I was pointing out that Richmond weren’t really ‘on fire’ at the back end of 2017. As soon as they left the mcg they were cooked. It was a regular theme
As soon as we left the MCG or Subiaco you mean

Lsta062

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 15, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea, LA Lakers, Western United
So you think you’d beat Geelong at KP now that the “hangover wore off”? Me bringing that up is still within the context of our conversation. We left the MCG for Geelong at KP, which is a ground that not many teams beat them in and a ground we don’t play them often in. They have won 42 games out of the last 50 there for a reason. It doesn’t negate that we were on a roll.

I am not saying that we were the most dominant side since the 2000s, but we were certainly more dominant in the finals than Western Bulldogs and West Coast. It counts for something in this thread whether or not West Coast and Bulldogs won finals outside of their home ground and Richmond did it.

blckcaviar

Team Captain
Jul 21, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
As for the poll results, well considering they've got a million fans and the majority of the votes have some reference to Richmond in one form or another, should it surprise anyone.
To West Coast fans its just a flag, to Richmond fans its the second coming of Christ as evident by their staunch defence.

There's not more Richmond fans on here than all other fans combined, and most other fans dislike Richmond.
The poll shows that the majority of people think Richmond were the best Premiership side of the 3. That's simply an opinion, so I dunno why its got some people like you so riled up. Who cares mate, its an opinion poll

bh90210fan

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
So you think you’d beat Geelong at KP now that the “hangover wore off”? Me bringing that up is still within the context of our conversation. We left the MCG for Geelong at KP, which is a ground that not many teams beat them in and a ground we don’t play them often in. They have won 42 games out of the last 50 there for a reason. It doesn’t negate that we were on a roll.

I am not saying that we were the most dominant side since the 2000s, but we were certainly more dominant in the finals than Western Bulldogs and West Coast. It counts for something in this thread whether or not West Coast and Bulldogs won finals outside of their home ground and Richmond did it.
Yeah I think we’d have a better chance of knocking them off there now. Geelong were trouncing everyone to start the year, their recent form has dropped off. West Coast have played better footy as the season has progressed.

It’s easy to say Richmond were the most dominant, but people value dominance in various ways. Luck had a large part in your flag imo. The dogs did it the hard way so I place them above the tigers. The dogs and the Eagles overcame disadvantages to claim their flags. Richmond had home ground advantage all the way to theirs and last year - the only final where they didn’t have it, couldn’t overcome Collingwood in a neutral game.

Captain_Bender

Premiership Player
May 21, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah I think we’d have a better chance of knocking them off there now. Geelong were trouncing everyone to start the year, their recent form has dropped off. West Coast have played better footy as the season has progressed.

It’s easy to say Richmond were the most dominant, but people value dominance in various ways. Luck had a large part in your flag imo. The dogs did it the hard way so I place them above the tigers. The dogs and the Eagles overcame disadvantages to claim their flags. Richmond had home ground advantage all the way to theirs and last year - the only final where they didn’t have it, couldn’t overcome Collingwood in a neutral game.
What is Hawthorn's homeground?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bh90210fan

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Which you should feel lucky it lead to West Coast Bradburying their way to the flag
Not really, West Coast travelled well last season and had already flogged you lot. Had the best record against the top teams so stood a likely chance to beat anyone on grand final day.

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
There's not more Richmond fans on here than all other fans combined, and most other fans dislike Richmond.
The poll shows that the majority of people think Richmond were the best Premiership side of the 3. That's simply an opinion, so I dunno why its got some people like you so riled up. Who cares mate, its an opinion poll
Huh, riled up, how is looking at facts and using logic getting riled up?
The poll shows an awful lot of Richmond fans voted their flag as the best, a better poll would have excluded all 3 clubs fans from voting and made it about external perception, but I didn't make the rules.
Now I know Victorians hate to accept it, but an MCG tenant wining the GF on their home and away ground against an interstater doesn't carry as much weight as an interstate club beating an MCG tenant in the GF on the MCG tenants home and away ground apart from in a poorly structured poll.

bh90210fan

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
At your homeground which as Eagles supporters have been claiming is only due to the ground it was played at
Yeah, Richmond suck away from the mcg. The Eagles were always likely to give them a whooping at Optus. 2016 dogs would’ve given us a run for our money though

Back