Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Wallis stuff.

Lipinski and Bailey Smith have already gone past him in my view (they’ve gone past libba as well unless he can recapture his form next season).

I can see Rhylee West going straight past him as a mid next year as well.

I really value depth and culture, so more than happy for him to stay, but if he wanted to leave and the price was right, I’d move him for sure.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
On the Wallis stuff.

Lipinski and Bailey Smith have already gone past him in my view (they’ve gone past libba as well unless he can recapture his form next season).

I can see Rhylee West going straight past him as a mid next year as well.

I really value depth and culture, so more than happy for him to stay, but if he wanted to leave and the price was right, I’d move him for sure.
Things change quickly in footy. If Wallis wants to go for more opportunity I’d let him go, if he wants to stay fair enough.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
So from what it seems. We are not in the discussions so far for, Coniglio, Langdon, Hill, Patton, Greenwood, Martin, Ellis, Papley, Tomlinson, Cameron, Gray

We are one of the interested clubs in Smith, Jenkins, Keath

A few unnamed Vic clubs apparently interested in Tippa and Petruccelle

I'm thinking Keath, Smith are our potential offseason in's at this point. We will probably end up targeting another player that hasn't been floated around yet. Will be shocked if we land any big fish types. Just impactful role players like Doc, Crozier and Lloyd have been.

So from what it seems. We are not in the discussions so far for, Coniglio, Langdon, Hill, Patton, Greenwood, Martin, Ellis, Papley, Tomlinson, Cameron, Gray

We are one of the interested clubs in Smith, Jenkins, Keath

A few unnamed Vic clubs apparently interested in Tippa and Petruccelle

I'm thinking Keath, Smith are our potential offseason in's at this point. We will probably end up targeting another player that hasn't been floated around yet. Will be shocked if we land any big fish types. Just impactful role players like Doc, Crozier and Lloyd have been.
I think Walla/Tippa stays at Essendon. We screw their salary cap, they up their offer. Might shake out one of Hurley/Hooker but not sure we chase either of them.

I still think we're in the hunt for Jack Martin and Keath. Not sure if we're leading the race or not.

I also think there's someone we've been working on for a while that hasn't been mentioned yet. All talk from the club has been about needing to get more mature players in and that three 3rd rounders gives us a strong hand. If that player contributes to the level of a Crozier/Duryea/Lloyd I'll be pleased.

Bro_Pro

All Australian
Sep 3, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think Sam Power is holding some big name players close to his chest! He might run a tight ship as stuff all info “rumours” leaking out since he’s been there!!( besides made up media crap). I think with our draft hand and also our cap we have lots to play with this year. This trade season will be his test.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think Sam Power is holding some big name players close to his chest! He might run a tight ship as stuff all info “rumours” leaking out since he’s been there!!( besides made up media crap). I think with our draft hand and also our cap we have lots to play with this year. This trade season will be his test.
There’s certainly a unique opportunity with cap space and next year’s NGA kids to do something major. I hope we don’t waste it.

King Harold

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cleveland Indians
If we rate Cavarra , I know unproven , why would we throw the kitchen sink at Tippa ?
Can’t see how both fit in the side.

We were linked with Sam Lloyd months out, but Duryea interest was known much later in the season/off season IIRC?

If we rate Cavarra , I know unproven , why would we throw the kitchen sink at Tippa ?
Cavarra needs to concentrate on staying on the paddock before we even consider whether he can transition to AFL football. Then he has to show he can stay in the seniors. Many bridges to cross. I'd like to see him make it but we can't put all of our eggs into just one (untried) basket.

I hope/suspect Walla isn't the only small forward we have spoken to or are speaking to.

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Gowers is the only real 3rd tall we have on our list. And one that needs an upgrade.

I think in some way we need more depth in this area.

Membrey/Jenkins or even Casboult(who is versatile) should be considered.
My response would be Zaine Cordy. Think he is earmarked for a forward line role when we add to his current position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
C Dixon from Port is one to keep an eye on.
Bruce from Saints also in the mix. Swingman but likely FB.
Hill isn’t as likely as I hoped.

Roughhead might join our coaching ranks but we aren’t the only interested parties.
Not a fan of Dixon. Bruce down back would be interesting, when did he last play there?

There is a small forward at the Suns who goes alright in a pretty average team he won the most
professional player at the club award last year, Darcy Macpherson he has a familiar name wish
we had the rights to him exactly what we need at the moment. :moustache:
Agree he'd suit us but he has re-signed recently with the Suns until about 2022. Good luck to them and to him. He sounds pretty committed and why wouldn't he be when we didn't want him?

We've done something similar with Dunkley. You win some you lose some.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Agree he'd suit us but he has re-signed recently with the Suns until about 2022. Good luck to them and to him. He sounds pretty committed and why wouldn't he be when we didn't want him?

We've done something similar with Dunkley. You win some you lose some.
Come on dog-watch was not quite "Khaloub Denial" quality, but it was up there. You must be inspired by
the ashes as that was a wonderfully executed forward defensive. ;)

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
C Dixon from Port is one to keep an eye on.
Bruce from Saints also in the mix. Swingman but likely FB.
Hill isn’t as likely as I hoped.

Roughhead might join our coaching ranks but we aren’t the only interested parties.
I like Dixon, wouldn't mind something happening there. Seems like a real campaigner, is a good tall target up forward, capable of kicking bags, provides vital leadership in our relatively young forward line, and should still have another 3 years ahead of him. Better candidate than Jenkins at least

I've been keen on Bruce all year, good swingman and the Saints are pretty stacked with talls

I've had my doubts over the chances of getting Hill, didn't think it would happen but would've been great :(

I like Dixon, wouldn't mind something happening there. Seems like a real campaigner, is a good tall target up forward, capable of kicking bags, provides vital leadership in our relatively young forward line, and should still have another 3 years ahead of him. Better candidate than Jenkins at least

I've been keen on Bruce all year, good swingman and the Saints are pretty stacked with talls

I've had my doubts over the chances of getting Hill, didn't think it would happen but would've been great :(
Dixon is like Waite at Carlton - rarely, if ever, delivers.
Absolutely yes to Bruce, in a heartbeat. Can play both ends and competes well in the air. Schache doesn't really play like a KPP (more a roaming linkman), Bruce does.

Sep 27, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
New York Yankees
Chalk and cheese King, Tippa is proven AFL standard despite what some say on here and has a physical presence... Cavarra needs to show he can handle the physical side of things before he’s declared a success. After seeing how Willy smashed him early in the preseason I have my fears... Hope he can find away because he has tools and smarts.

Sep 27, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
New York Yankees
Dixon is like Waite at Carlton - rarely, if ever, delivers.
Absolutely yes to Bruce, in a heartbeat. Can play both ends and competes well in the air. Schache doesn't really play like a KPP (more a roaming linkman), Bruce does.
Dixon’s presence alone would do wonders for Naughts/Shack, he’s the sole big target for Port, for us he just needs to smash (like the Hulk) and we’ll benefit.... Can ruck and provide some physical insurance for English. I’d have him if it didn’t cost the world

LoveDamoBarrett

Team Captain
Oct 17, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dixon’s presence alone would do wonders for Naughts/Shack, he’s the sole big target for Port, for us he just needs to smash (like the Hulk) and we’ll benefit.... Can ruck and provide some physical insurance for English. I’d have him if it didn’t cost the world

Dixon can barely get on the park though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back