Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty2

F*** the southern power
Nov 6, 2016
Bar Rossa
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
No one on the Collingwood board cares about this but apparently if we wore it there entire brand would collapse.
The 1 Collingwood fan I asked if he would have a problem with us wearing the prison bars told me we can all get ****ed they are black and white and they were there first..

Made a few counter arguments that man United liverpool same colours ect.. nope. He wasn't interested.

Feb 24, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
New York Giants, Adelaide Strikers
CakjE.png

Actually one person cares...they replied to what I said

Dwayne Russell on
@dwaynesworldSEN
“I actually want to know who at Port Adelaide agreed to that deal. Whose signatures are on that document? Who signed the contract to say
@PAFC wouldn’t wear the black and white prison bars ever again after 2020?”
So he reported on a deal that he doesn't know exists, because it doesn't.

Quality journalism there Derwayne you dick!

StrappingTape

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Saw Ollie being interviewed and asked about it, so the club folded and seemingly didn't even put up a fight. I guess this is what we get when Cardone does the negotiating, what a disgrace.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
So he reported on a deal that he doesn't know exists, because it doesn't.

Quality journalism there Derwayne you dick!
While I don't disagree, finally, after 23 years, someone is asking this question.

Hope he pushes forward with it. Even if it does exist, it's much easier to fight against specific clauses than a vague catch-all silver bullet against us.

While I don't disagree, finally, after 23 years, someone is asking this question.

Hope he pushes forward with it. Even if it does exist, it's much easier to fight against specific clauses than a vague catch-all silver bullet against us.
He's not doing it to help US is the issue. He's doing it to help Eddie!

Motive is everything.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
He's not doing it to help US is the issue. He's doing it to help Eddie!

Motive is everything.
It helps us to have the veracity of the "agreement" tested. It's a huge own goal if Eddie is behind Dwayne's comments.

It's much better for Eddie for the agreement to remain a vague, unquestioned silver bullet against any attempt to wear the bars.

earlier this year when koch spoke of an agreement signed by the old regime i knew it was just lip service. none of that stuff actually exists or needs to exist in the AFL because the clubs aren't actually accountable to us. the prison bars jumper is a good/interesting yearly debate for the AFL, it's one of the only authentic pieces of rivalry left, they will milk it for years to come and keep this vague 'agreements' storyline going, "oh you signed away that right when u joined da league" "we signed it? where?" "oh u no what i mean u said u wouldnt do it anymore" is literally being played out by fat guys on radio

The agreement is tied to the 2007 heritage round, and is being held as the default agreement, even though the AFL no longer have heritage rounds.

IMO, if it was challenged in a court of law, the mere fact that one of the signing parties removed the 'agreed use' event literally immediately after that season, would render it null and void.

My guess is that the club is holding this as the default agreement as it gives them the opportunity to approach the AFL whenever it wants to use it. The down side is that this likely requires Collingwood's sign off.

Apr 1, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Alright, although I'm positively fuming over the leak from Messrs Russell and McLachlan about the continued railroading of our heritage by a certain petulant Vic club, I'm going to look at the positives.

The bars will be seen in 2020. Twice! Twice in a year is unprecedented in the AFL. I know a lot of folks hate the idea of wearing them in showdowns, but personally I love it. It adds so much to the symbolism of us taking on the SANFL conglomerate enemy wearing our proper guernsey, the one they all hate so much.

More strategically though, I reckon it has the most potential to spark debate on us wearing it in an ongoing manner. If it takes the rivalry up another level, you would hope that most of SA would be clambering to continue the tradition from 2021. I think if we can plan around agitating on this point throughout 2020, we increase the chances of getting a permanent foot in the door for the bars.

Alright, although I'm positively fuming over the leak from Messrs Russell and McLachlan about the continued railroading of our heritage by a certain petulant Vic club, I'm going to look at the positives.

The bars will be seen in 2020. Twice! Twice in a year is unprecedented in the AFL. I know a lot of folks hate the idea of wearing them in showdowns, but personally I love it. It adds so much to the symbolism of us taking on the SANFL conglomerate enemy wearing our proper guernsey, the one they all hate so much.

More strategically though, I reckon it has the most potential to spark debate on us wearing it in an ongoing manner. If it takes the rivalry up another level, you would hope that most of SA would be clambering to continue the tradition from 2021. I think if we can plan around agitating on this point throughout 2020, we increase the chances of getting a permanent foot in the door for the bars.

I agree. We're taking more ground and unless there IS a 'never again' agreement tied to this, then we're in a much better spot than we were 6 months ago.

That's exactly what it is.

Also... why are Gill and Dwayne announcing something to do with Port's 150th year celebrations before the club has a chance to announce it?

How ******* arrogant can these people get.
Our Club allows them to be arrogant ... because Our Club under Koch is still too deep in debt to fight back.

Caroline Wilson said on 5AA a couple of weeks ago that she's almost certain that there will be a Showdown on a Thursday night.
Probably in the middle of bloody winter rather than Rd's 2 to 5 when the weather is still good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back