Random Discussion Thread 142- Into The Wild

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigFooty is like crack sometimes, just something so pure about opening your notifications and seeing this.

a9ce2ec9ec175a0d4cf822dfc5212e29.jpg

Bruh. Give me some good cricket.
Don’t get me wrong, I want good cricket too but it would be sweet revenge over the farcical WC final to see England lose their first home Ashes series in nearly 20 years in such a farcical way.

Lol @ this story about Brayden Sier playing local basketball whilst injured under the pseudonym ‘Phill Inn’. I doubt any AFL player could ever be that stupid, but if any AFL player could actually be that stupid they’d be a Collingwood player.

Lol @ this story about Brayden Sier playing local basketball whilst injured under the pseudonym ‘Phill Inn’. I doubt any AFL player could ever be that stupid, but if any AFL player could actually be that stupid they’d be a Collingwood player.
They obviously don't look at EQ in their draft testing.

I gotta fly back to Perth next weekend for a mate’s funeral - what’s the likelihood I can catch the Hawks game on sat night?

Is it possible for non members to get tickets? UTBC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I gotta fly back to Perth next weekend for a mate’s funeral - what’s the likelihood I can catch the Hawks game on sat night?

Is it possible for non members to get tickets? UTBC
No tickets available on Ticketmaster just now but that should change by Monday. Doubt you’ll have any problems getting a couple of tickets.

Interested to know people's thoughts on Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

I liked almost every individual part of the film, casting, performances, world building, soundtrack, and yet when you put them all together and judge the whole, I just found it so very....bland. My initial thought is that it will have no lasting impact on me whatsoever, unlike most Tarantino films.

Interested to know people's thoughts on Once Upon A Time In Hollywood.

I liked almost every individual part of the film, casting, performances, world building, soundtrack, and yet when you put them all together and judge the whole, I just found it so very....bland. My initial thought is that it will have no lasting impact on me whatsoever, unlike most Tarantino films.
I haven’t seen it yet but this was the feel I got from the trailers tbh. Every other Tarantino film I’ve seen come out has got me hooked from the very first trailer but this one not so much.

I haven’t seen it yet but this was the feel I got from the trailers tbh. Every other Tarantino film I’ve seen come out has got me hooked from the very first trailer but this one not so much.
Yeah, I don't normally read reviews but I'm very curious.

I'm sure it'll be film school's favourite movie for a decade, but I just left being like...ok but what was the point of that? Which is weird, because I liked it all? But I kinda...didn't? The performances were stellar and I was almost instantly attached to the characters, and yet not one thing that any of them did will leave any impression on me, nor does any scene seem likely to stick with me.

It's a very strange sensation to try to articulate.

Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Kill Bill Vol 1
Django Unchained
Hateful Eight
Inglorious Bastards
Kill Bill Vol 2
Jackie Brown

First two are clearly the best he’s done imo and the last two are my least favourite. The middle 4 I could rearrange depending on what time of day it is as there’s little separating them

The premise for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood seemed in danger of Tarantino being unable to control his film geek roots and he’d lose his way a bit like he did with KB V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back