Hall, Polec, Tyson & Pittard - how did we do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Inside or outside mids, i’ve really had a gutful of watching players consistently miss lead up targets by foot, it makes my blood boil
I’ve heard a rumour that the boys have all started to do long overdue mandatory skills sessions...
Ive got a feeling it might be a reason we’ve have had shocking starts, season after season.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Will get back to you after the B&F.

Hall made sense.

Tyson didn't.

Pittard is a surprise win so far.

Not as up nor down on Polec as the various factions, will be intrigued to see where he lands in the Syd. That'll help judge how much he fulfilled the club's wishes.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
2 out of 4. Tick.

Pittard. Tick.
Got him for nothing and has improved, provided a good mid sized defensive option, intercept marking has been fantastic, a surprise packet (didn't really expect it). Will he be a part of our next f**? Unlikely, but will fill a role until we find some more damaging half backs.

Polec. Tick. Obviously with a bigger pay packet means he's going to cop more scrutiny. I think he's had a good year, couple games he'd like to forget, however we knew when we got him that he would play well when the side plays well & wins contested ball to feed out to him (and not as well when we don't), and this has been true. Has given opposition sides someone else to think about and has made us a better side, and I find the criticism of him way over the top.

Tyson. Cross. Not surprised that he's added minimal, obviously been injured, but i didn't understand how Brad has him playing games ahead of some of our younger more talented players early this year. His ceiling is pretty obvious, and is the last thing we need (slow, inside mid, average user). Hope that we trade him to GC for nothing.

Hall. Cross. Was always a low risk, high reward. Obviously hasn't paid off as we'd hoped, however I don't mind it because at his best he was a good player and exactly what we need more of (fast, goal kicker). Hope he's at the club next year, and can get himself right but highly doubtful.

Lol hes like watching an u/12 tackling a verteran.. rarely caused a stoppage with a tackle, most of them broken and the ball was disposed of too .. fair to say he isnt the only one in the team that does thus but dont over inflate his stats to support your opinion

I'm not over inflating his stats. Look it up yourself if you don't believe me.

He is still third on our average tackle list and still in the top 100 for the AFL. After not playing for over half the season.

I didn't point that out to pump him up either. I did it to point out how shithouse we have been on that front.

(Although his tackle numbers for us are actually a career high so to me that shows he's trying to buy into our clubs ethos and into developing a more physical game. You comment about the quality of his tackles is an emotionally biased rant and actually inaccurate, which you'd have noticed if you tried watching his games carefully on the replay's afterward.)

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’ve heard a rumour that the boys have all started to do long overdue mandatory skills sessions...
Ive got a feeling it might be a reason we’ve have had shocking starts, season after season.
Long overdue is an understatement, I would hope the club comes back early for pre season to harness skills before the pre season fitness intensity stuff ramps up.. this season has been filled with basic skill errors

Long overdue is an understatement, I would hope the club comes back early for pre season to harness skills before the pre season fitness intensity stuff ramps up.. this season has been filled with basic skill errors

As much as the umps cost us that prelim in 2015 basic skill errors did as well. And since then they haven't improved. If nothing else that will be a positive from Shaw.

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't think you can look at our trades alone, you have to take into account our drafting, we got everything we wanted on draft night and a Taylor to boot, we had to trade 11, could have we done any better than Polac and Pittard, I don't think so. 62, 69 and Pruess for Hall and Tyson, again what more could we do? hitching our cart to TT, Bailey Scott and Joel Crocker made these trades inevitable and 2018 trade and draft period a big win, even if Hall never plays again and Tyson is just back-up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How can we assess these recruits without knowing how much coin they are on?

Anyway, assuming that Pittard is on an average or slightly above average wage, he has been terrific.

Assuming that Polec is on big coin, he has been disappointing, but his role requires our midfielders to win ball. They've been struggling.

Assuming that Hall and Tyson are on average wages (500k for Tyson? gtfo) they have been disappointing but oh well s**t happens.

Lol hes like watching an u/12 tackling a verteran.. rarely caused a stoppage with a tackle, most of them broken and the ball was disposed of too .. fair to say he isnt the only one in the team that does thus but dont over inflate his stats to support your opinion
So it’s fair to say you don’t know what the actual definition of a tackle is?

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So it’s fair to say you don’t know what the actual definition of a tackle is?
Nah, no idea?
Do you know what a shepherd is? Someone said to me put up or shut up.. so, ive had enough of this..
so this is Halls first posession in round 2 vs Brisbane, im not watching round 1 ever again.. but this is what pisses me off! This is not coaching this is squibbing, he could have laid the shepherd for higgo against hodge, talked and higgo could have settled and banged the ball through the big sticks, instead kicks under pressure and blows an opportunity.. You shouldnt be happy with effort like this..

would you like to see more? It took me 5 minutes to find. Most of what hall has brought is sub standard

Attachments

• 4D65B260-D5A8-422B-BDD4-838CBFA7BD16.gif
    4D65B260-D5A8-422B-BDD4-838CBFA7BD16.gif
    327.6 KB · Views: 93
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
You may be right, but they definitely need to improve on what they served up already.. no choice to give them another chance.. lets hope they can find some kind of purpose

The cause of "what they served up" got the sack.

Case in point, Jamie MacMillan.

Smoocher

Premiership Player
Feb 9, 2013
Sporting capital of the world
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Magpies
Pittard - Has been more than serviceable. Has probably exceeded my expectations as a defender. Big TICK from me.

Polec - Has shown glimpses but nothing more. Has shown he can be a wonderful left foot kick, but he has no right foot. And is purely an outside player (which is fine because that's what we lack). Doubt he'll be anywhere near our top 10 in the B&F, which is disappointing as he played some real good footy at Port. Hopefully he has a better 2020 under Shaw.

Hall - Showed a glimpse of what he could do in round 1 vs Freo & that was it. Obviously other issues have curtailed his year, but 2019 has been a total bust. Have no issue with the club bringing Hall across as he has attributes we lack.

Tyson - As expected. A slow inside mid who came to a club choc-full of slow inside mids. Tyson's manager & Preuss' manager need a thorough psychiatric assessment. It could possibly be the dumbest trade I've ever seen as it has stagnated both their careers. And whoever gave this trade the green light at NMFC needs to be held accountable. A 3 year deal for Tyson??? Nothing against Dom but we have 7-8 guys who can play the exact same role. I'd be amazed if he played more than 10 games for NMFC.
In short we got screwed.

Hall is an absolute failure.

Tyson is a bigger failure.

Polec is not as good as made out to be although not a failure.

Pittard who I thought would be playing in the VFL all year has been the best by a mile.

Overall we got royaly screwed.

Possibly, I showed a gif of how Hall decided not to shepherd for higgins, not sure that has anything to do with who was coaching, but im open to see what Hall can offer once he sorts his problems out.. hoping he does

That looks like s**t but its the sort of thing a competent coach should be able to get out of a players game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back