Toast Ballas’ Time at Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Hayden Ballantyne will play his last home game for Fremantle this week, having played 170 games with 254 goals. He has had a great career at Freo, making the All australian team in 2014.
What a little champion, always tried hard and a huge key in forward press. What a weekend this will be. Hoping for a big win and Ballas kick a couple for old times’ stake

While recently Ballas has been frustating to watch, I still loved him as a player. In his prime, he was the ultimate pest and I absolutely loved it. The way he'd get under other player's skins was second to none. Not surprised he is hanging it up though. With the likes of Matera and the younger fellas stepping up, he has had no chance to come back in.

Sandi and Ballas retiring, as well as Sonny's 150th.

We HAVE to win this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** he had a couple of awesome years. He lifted the team on many occasions ..
Agree, the team seem to gain zip and backbone when Ballas entered the fray.

I will be trying hard on Saturday to recall his never-say-die full-frontal attack of yore, instead of my shock and sense of betrayal in recent times (yes, I'm a club loyalist and sentimentalist) when he said he wanted to go to the Eagles.

Come home with the win, Ballas, and all is forgiven!

About 2012ish I was driving to one of our Sunday games along Kwinana Fwy when this 4 wheel drive screamed past me in the left lane doing about 150km. Yep.. you guessed it it was Ballas running late for the game. I laughed and thought to my self he drives like he plays..full on! 😆
Thanks Ballas for giving your all for the Purple.

One of our key players in the best period for our club, brought the fans into the game about as much as any player at Freo.

Happy for him to get his farewell, hopefully we can pull out a win for the boys.

Thanks mate. Was no better serial pest goal sneak in his prime. Will never forget this

My favourite Ballantyne moment. His absolute pesty best.

Glad he gets a farewell game. At his best he was such a bloody delight. So many great memories.

This is just about my favourite derby goal ever, as they say in the classics happened right in front of me. His work around Pav's feet was always a beauty to behold
Great little player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back