Club History Port to wear prison bar guernsey twice in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a strange read of people’s comments.

I don't think this is a step in the right direction or something to be celebrated. I'm distressed that nobody in the club has come out to squash the 'never again' aspect being reported.

And, as stated, I don't want to solely wear it against the ******* Camrys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah look this would probably be the ideal

Lte8IcH.png
Make the home strip a lighter grey, as per the Away strip. Then, as someone posted, make the grey fractionally whiter each year.
Stealth is the answer.

For the stability of the club so it can solely focus on winning a flag I am all for it, even if it means changing the reserves strip to be the same as the AFL strip and wearing the bars on special occasions.

The facts are starting to become more and more obvious with young supporters, they recognise the Power strip, so in time there will be more of them than us old Magpie supporters. So as long as we are the PAFC and it units supporters, i'm okay with that although it pains me to say it.

Yet you wear the bars at all games for the next 10 years and the support for it swings in its favour. It's all about conditioning. Thus Eddie had tried to intervene on us auctioning the worn PB game jumpers over the years and selling PB jumpers in the gear shop by which he can't due to our Magpies identity existing in the sanfl. Leave the sanfl and Eddie will be all over our merchandise making sure that we cannot condition our new generation of supporters with the PB. That is Eddie's plot.

Stop putting words into my mouth...

We have a limited supporter base, if you can't see that you are delirious.

If you wanna accept 20-35k crowds every week, good for you. I want 50k sell outs.

Wearing the black and white bars won't result in these numbers. Being more Port Adelaide helped turn our membership around.

The Tigers, Collingwood and Carlton's identities are based ENTIRELY on their heritage and history. 3 of the best supported clubs!

The Eagles and Crows on their statehood.

Hawthorn on their recent success.

What you seem to want is for us to be Freo! fu** that!

Exactly this. The club ventured down the pathway of reaching out to non-Port people and plummeted. Being Port Adelaide is our best hope of expanding.

Conveniently you all choose to deliberately ignore such things as.... He wasn't the only either.

James, an inaugural Power squad member from Norwood who played 147 games for the club from 1997-2005 and was a member of its first AFL premiership side in 2004, says he always has viewed the Power as a new club.

"I understand Port's background but as far as I'm concerned the Power was started from scratch, has only been in the (AFL) competition for 11 years and was made up of players from every SANFL club," he said. "To me, it's heritage goes back to 1997 and that's why I question the decision to wear a Magpies jumper."

Wonder what club he came from ?

Conveniently you all choose to deliberately ignore such things as.... He wasn't the only either.

James, an inaugural Power squad member from Norwood who played 147 games for the club from 1997-2005 and was a member of its first AFL premiership side in 2004, says he always has viewed the Power as a new club.

"I understand Port's background but as far as I'm concerned the Power was started from scratch, has only been in the (AFL) competition for 11 years and was made up of players from every SANFL club," he said. "To me, it's heritage goes back to 1997 and that's why I question the decision to wear a Magpies jumper."

I believe Dew and Francou had a similar view so it's quite appropriate they have both ended up at a soulless failed franchise on the Gold Coast.
Maybe if the Suns had a 150 years behind them they wouldn't be in the s**t they are.

Yeah look this would probably be the ideal

Lte8IcH.png

Realistically the away is probably not enough of a clash with many dark guernseys, so there would either need to be a change to more of a contrast to the home one (maybe white bars on Silver?) or a clash Guernsey made.

I'm also happy to stick with teal rather than Silver as well, don't really mind.

But I reckon overall this is the ticket now. A prison bar variation for home, away, etc. Heritage Guernsey constantly there as part of the set, to be brought out on a constant, hopefully increasing, basis. Eventually it would become well liked enough to dislodge the home, you would think.

Blokes like James didn't want to accept the true club and dealt with it by assuming ignorance. Goodness sakes they spent most of their weekly time at Alberton.

So Eddiewood wants exclusivity to black and white.

Why dont we try for the lightest possible shade of grey but from a short distance that still looks white like Whitesmoke?

Surely we can get this on a technicality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think this is a step in the right direction or something to be celebrated. I'm distressed that nobody in the club has come out to squash the 'never again' aspect being reported.

And, as stated, I don't want to solely wear it against the ******* Camrys.

How is more than what we have (multi fold) NOT a step in the right direction? Nothing is what we currently have with a never again promise.
We’ve said never again several times in the past.

This time we haven’t AND we will be wearing it.
That’s a win! But it’s not the end of the war.

Anyone else find it interesting that the numbers for AFC and PAFC are suspiciously close to the magic formula that SMA uses to determine the Oval Members to each club?

Roy Morgan reckons it's 64:36

What does the SMA use again? Isn't it 65:35?

Surely they wouldn't be taking Mr Morgan's formula and just applying that to their numbers, would they? (lol, of course they would)

The Ray Morgan data is so horribly flawed.

Aside from the obvious Sydney trash figure, just looking at the 2 SA teams and the immediate impression I get is that people are passively selecting the Crows but actively selecting Port. The conversion rate of "supporters" to "members" is outrageously high for Port compared to Crows and most likely isn't representative of reality.

Of course it's not surprising that the fraudulent SMA would use a fraudulent survey to screw over Port.

It comes down to whether a never again was signed to get the 2020 games.
And we go around the circle again.

The most important thing though is that we don't start fighting each other over this topic.

How is more than what we have (multi fold) NOT a step in the right direction? Nothing is what we currently have with a never again promise.
We’ve said never again several times in the past.

This time we haven’t AND we will be wearing it.
That’s a win! But it’s not the end of the war.

Yes, and when the Germans rolled in to Stalingrad they had more than what they previously had and it wasn't the end of the war either.

Stop The Presses - Guy who grew up disliking Port Adelaide gets drafted to Port Adelaide and dismisses the club's claim to it's history so he can feel more comfortable about playing for Port Adelaide.

Wearing the black and white bars won't result in these numbers. Being more Port Adelaide helped turn our membership around.
I've never said it was detrimental.

But alienating and abusing people who do follow Port Adelaide and do for reasons other than their history will.

I'm not one of those, so people can have their straw man arguments elsewhere.

Stop The Presses - Guy who grew up disliking Port Adelaide gets drafted to Port Adelaide and dismisses the club's claim to it's history so he can feel more comfortable about playing for Port Adelaide.
'Guy' who saved us from being the laughing stock of the league with arguably the most important qtr effort of any....

He's not the only.

Why should we hate him for it? People can like PAFC for reasons different to your own.

'Guy' who saved us from being the laughing stock of the league with arguably the most important qtr effort of any....

He's not the only.

Why should we hate him for it? People can like PAFC for reasons different to your own.

The jist is you can have your own opinions but you can’t have your own facts.

He's not the only.

True but he could respect the clubs history.

The jist is you can have your own opinions but you can’t have your own facts.
No. The jist is people can and should be allowed to support PAFC for the reason of their choice.

They shouldn't be abused because of it.

He's not the only.

Laughing stock? That's a bit rich.

For the record, watch that 2004 first quarter again. Most of those touches were clangers. Fraser Gherig's 100th played more of a role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back