Preview Changes vs Sydney

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
It's not a tall side, but at least it's also not a fast or skillful side.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
It's not a tall side, but at least it's also not a fast or skillful side.
Short and “blue-collar” (which seems to be a code for effort plus negligible skills). I like it. Fits in nicely with our 2019 selections so far as meeting the required WTF threshold.

I’m just upset that the selectors are jeopardising my massive payout for OMac to win the Coleman.

Demon 16

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Very happy that they’ve running with a few smaller forwards - would have preferred Baker or Hunt stayed in than Spargo though.

We’ve been junk in the small forward pressure area this year so at least we’re having a look at Chandler.

I hope Chandler shows something though - he’s way too small for my liking.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Thanks for your message. Really appreciate it.
No problem. You’re not always on the money with your posting, but on that occasion you were spot on. I thought it was important to acknowledge that.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
JKH ANB Stretch potentially all on their last chance might explain it.
How so?

Do you mean by clearing a space for them to go head to head gladiator style? Actually if you’re right that’s an amazing plan. Unfortunately I don’t think you’re right, but I like it all the same.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I mean I’m not sure if you’re taking the piss but pretty sure all 3 are out of contract this year.
Well quite. But I still think it a bit far fetched to drop a player so a gaggle of uncontracted blokes can have clear spots for a public wrestle.

I think Hunt has been dropped for reasons. While I don’t know what those reasons are, I don’t think the contract status of ANB, JKH and Stretch were a factor.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well quite. But I still think it a bit far fetched to drop a player so a gaggle of uncontracted blokes can have clear spots for a public wrestle.

I think Hunt has been dropped for reasons. While I don’t know what those reasons are, I don’t think the contract status of ANB, JKH and Stretch were a factor.

Hunt hasn’t been great but clubs always give the fringe guys a go in dead rubbers. Was the reason Roos kept Jetta on because he basically had his last chance in round 23 2013.

JKH ANB Stretch potentially all on their last chance might explain it.
ANB and Stretch are contracted for next year

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

alphatool

Senior List
Apr 30, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
I thought we were going small with the changes this week, but actually looking at it we've really downsized. Here are the changes listed with height and weight for each player:

In: M.Hore, 190 84
B.Stretch, 180 77
C.Spargo, 173 71
A.Neal-Bullen, 182 80
K.Chandler, 174 75
Total 899 cm, 387 kg

Out: O.Baker, 184 82
J.Hunt, 187 82
S.May, 193 100
O.McDonald, 196 100
H.Petty, 197 89
Total 957 cm, 453 kg

Difference 58 cm, 66 kg

Aside from Hore, everyone coming in is shorter and lighter than everyone going out, often dramatically so. Even Hore is a fair bit smaller than the person he's replacing. It will be a very different team this week, hopefully we play like a different team too...

Petracca and Melksham can play tall. I rate Fritsch as a CHF. Hopefully with this sized team it’ll count towards adding pressure up forward. We need it. Spargo and ANB playing for their MFC careers imo.
Fritsch is the best key forward on our list

Demon4123

Senior List
Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Who will pinch hit in the ruck when Max needs a spell? The only other player playing over 190cms is Frost. Heaven help us if he goes in to the ruck when Max has a rest on the bench.

Who will pinch hit in the ruck when Max needs a spell? The only other player playing over 190cms is Frost. Heaven help us if he goes in to the ruck when Max has a rest on the bench.
Sydney isn’t playing a recognised ruck

Back