Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Geez, Graham Cornes is one twisted individual. Twisted as well as wrinkled.

Cornes simply cannot help himself. Most people are over the events of 1990 and do not need a history lesson but not Cornes, his analysis of Port's drop in Membership in today's Monopoly Times is wide of the mark as he does not touch on the real issues as to why many Port supporters have voted with their feet. How could he? you have to actually be a Port supporter to understand our situation. There is far more to the current feeling of dissatisfaction than the weather and the price of a hot dog.

This bit from the Cornes article that I found particularly galling-

Other issues, like transport and access to the ground, also impact. Oh, and any Port supporter who says it’s because they named co-captains is not really a supporter.

When you support a bunch of habitual low achievers like the Bays and a recent addition like the Crows I guess you will see logic in the Cornes claptrap but when you support a Club with 150 years of tradition that tradition is suddenly obliterated you know different. Cornes should save his contrived platitudes and mock sympathy for those who care.

WARNING the link below contains offensive material and should be opened with caution.

Last edited:

Cornes simply cannot help himself. Most people are over the events of 1990 and do not need a history lesson but not Cornes, his analysis of Port's drop in Membership in today's Monopoly Times is wide of the mark as he does not touch on the real issues as to why many Port supporters have voted with their feet. How could he? you have to actually be a Port supporter to understand our situation. There is far more to the current feeling of dissatisfaction than the weather and the price of a hot dog.

“This perfect pear stuff is great, Port have the best gameday experience, why are people not showing up?”

Other issues, like transport and access to the ground, also impact. Oh, and any Port supporter who says it’s because they named co-captains is not really a supporter.

Yep. First thing that struck me was he wrote Port never paid fees to the SANFL but Cows did. Durrrhhh. Yes we did, just not as much.

Then the above - otherwise a reasonable article I thought. But clearly Gra Gra never has and never will understand the psyche of Port supporters. PB's, Creed, co-captains, heritage, tradition, existing to succeed. These are alien concepts to non-Port people.

When you support a bunch of habitual low achievers like the Bays and a recent addition like the Crows I guess you will see logic in the Cornes claptrap but when you support a Club with 150 years of tradition that tradition is suddenly obliterated you know different. Cornes should save his contrived platitudes and mock sympathy for those who care.

WARNING the link below contains offensive material and should be opened with caution.

Lol. Being lectured from Graham Cornes about what it is to be Port supporter. Now I've seen it all.

Thank you guy who hates Port Adelaide for enlightening me as to what you think is wrong with my club and why I am frustrated with my club. Funny until today, I thought co-captains was a ******* good reason to be annoyed with the club???

Now for a Port Supporter to inform the crows on all the things that are wrong with their corporation.....

I am so sick of the media glossing over our underperformance for several years, and blaming the non attendance on baffling port fans.

The Crows made a GF less than 2 years ago and apparently the whole department needs a review and the entire supporter base is FAIRLY disenchanted.

However Port have suffered through the wasting of a golden list with all the trades and all the great drafting you could want for 5 frickin years of underperformance, s**t game plans, poor home results, a horrendous record in close games, etc. And we are being unreasonable because we have good kids.

I'm *in sick of Crows representatives in the media talking like we are ungrateful! Ungrateful for years of failure??? Wtf???

Our crowds have dropped as the atmosphere has disappeared over the last 4 years, as the performance has dropped off, the hope has faded away, the same themes have remarkably been recurrent regardless of the players, and to top it all off we've double down on a mediocre coach .

#sackhinkley

Reinvigorate our club and team.

Last edited:

A) Don't read it.
B) If you must read it, definitely don't link to it to try to get other people to read it.

Graham Cornes doesn't care whether you click on his story because you agree with it or you click on it to rage at what a dumb old campaigner he is, he just cares whether or not you click on it. The ad revenue is the same either way.

Last edited:
Yep. First thing that struck me was he wrote Port never paid fees to the SANFL but Cows did. Durrrhhh. Yes we did, just not as much.

Then the above - otherwise a reasonable article I thought. But clearly Gra Gra never has and never will understand the psyche of Port supporters. PB's, Creed, co-captains, heritage, tradition, existing to succeed. These are alien concepts to non-Port people.

The cows lived at that SANFL swamp rent free for years.

A) Don't read it.
B) If you must read it, definitely don't link to it to try to get other people to read it.

Graham Cornes doesn't care whether you click on his story because you agree with it or because you click on it to rage at what a dumb old campaigner he is, he just cares whether or not you click on it. The ad revenue is the same either way.
Exactly must’ve been light on for ideas, funny part is Kane does the same shtick aimed at the crows and look how hard they melt over him it’s rinse and repeat with those two

A) Don't read it.

Graham Cornes doesn't care whether you click on his story because you agree with it or you click on it to rage at what a dumb old campaigner he is, he just cares whether or not you click on it. The ad revenue is the same either way.

Exactly like the threads on this site. If you think you might be offended at the nature of the content- don't open the thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he’s referring to the license fee the Crows Reserves pay to compete in the SANFL, that we don’t pay because, you know, we are one of two surviving foundation members of the league.

Official Camry Crows Ambassador criticises Port Power supporters, film at eleven.

I think he’s referring to the license fee the Crows Reserves pay to compete in the SANFL, that we don’t pay because, you know, we are one of two surviving foundation members of the league.

Didn’t we also forfeit our cut of the sale of Footy Park for this too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornes is a 1980s level Soviet propaganda machine seriously his strategy isn’t about facts, truth or reality it’s just to get his Bs out there as often and as loudly as possible to prop up his radio show on saturdays and convince the 0.05% who care (who agree with him anyway ) he’s right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back