Preview Changes: R22 v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Otten out - good
ROB in - good
Sauce stays in - pathetic
Sauce named in forward line and not on bench - joke
The lowest pressure forward line we've fielded since the GF - Sauce, Tex, Lynch, Fogarty (at least Fog will tackle hard if a Pies HBF accidentally crosses his path) - terrible balance
Douglas stays in - pathetic
Betts in - it's time for Stengle
Tex in - cooked, time for Berg.

Atkins Out - what a joke. Atkins and Milera are the only two players I'm confident will hit a target in the front half. Some of Atkins field kicking has been superb this year. I don't care if he's not the hardest player - we don't need 22 Matt Crouches going in hard and shanking the ball like a pre-schooler at Auskick.

Bring in Berg for Tex, Berg can second ruck and we can drop Sauce for Jones or Stengle or Davis or Galluci

Can't believe selection has become so bad that the ongoing selection of Mr Mediocre Mackay doesn't even warrant a mention.

Well at least we are trying something new with playing 2 rucks. Only way to see if it will work is to do it in a game. Don't think ROB needs a 2nd ruck in the side but interested to see how it goes.

Happy with Seed in for Atkins. Rat has been pretty average all year and should have been dropped a while ago. Think he will be in the potential trade pile if we get a decent offer for him.

Disappointing to see Dougy remain in over a youngster. Think they have basically put the rest of the kids on ice until next year now.

Has to be the end of Jenkins.

I mean Sauce in front of him.

Has to be the end of Keath too. Bizarre what we've done with him.

Has to be the end of Keath too. Bizarre what we've done with him.
Number of selections in the AFL team of the week...

4 - Brouch, Laird
3 - Keath, Mrouch
2 - Walker, O'Brien, Smith, Betts, Lynch
1 - Fogarty, Talia, CEY, Milera

Interestingly no Sloane.

I am happy for Otten and Atkins to be dropped. Giving Keath a run in the SANFL is also fair enough IMHO since I, like many other posters, hate how we played half fit players in 2017 (including the GF).

I was hoping for four changes but expecting zero so it’s better than nothing. Based on the views of BigFooty posters we should have dropped Otten, Atkins, Hartigan, Kelly, Mackay, Jacobs, Gibbs, Knight, Lynch, Betts, Douglas and Murphy (and this doesn’t include the wabbit wanting the Crouches banished). This would mean promoting virtually every fit player in the Twos and possibly getting a permit for Seymour to join Butts.

I'll bet his rhythm is interrupted by not being at a bulk of contests, and he is ineffectual playing elsewhere given he does not have the skill set.

Neither of he nor Jacobs to impact whilst resting in the forward line.

Yeah, probably. But hey we should look after our club champions, Sauce deserves 200.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am happy for Otten and Atkins to be dropped. Giving Keath a run in the SANFL is also fair enough IMHO since I, like many other posters, hate how we played half fit players in 2017 (including the GF).

I was hoping for four changes but expecting zero so it’s better than nothing. Based on the views of BigFooty posters we should have dropped Otten, Atkins, Hartigan, Kelly, Mackay, Jacobs, Gibbs, Knight, Lynch, Betts, Douglas and Murphy (and this doesn’t include the wabbit wanting the Crouches banished). This would mean promoting virtually every fit player in the Twos and possibly getting a permit for Seymour to join Butts.
Why do you do that? Try and put down the board by making bullshit assertions.

You post some reasonable stuff but you also let the bullshit get in the way.

Well based on your views we should never have even asked for Fogarty, much less actually play him.

I would have thought given how badly wrong you were with that call, that you might have started to add just a touch of humility to your posting.

Apparently not.

Like the in’s this week, should have tried two rucks earlier this year but better late than never.
Staggered however that Keath, AFL All-Australian quality for most of this year, returns via the SANFL. Actually it doesn’t stagger me given the baffling decisions at selection this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think 2 ruckmen will be a disaster. Sauce is a loping ruckman only and neither I want playing the JJ role up forward where they’ll stifle Tex and Fog. So plenty of bench time which leaves us down a rotation. Maybe ROB will cover KPD time off ground, but it’s been a few years between drinks playing as a key back.

Yeah, probably. But hey we should look after our club champions, Sauce deserves 200.

No he doesn’t, he deserves to be stranded on 198. Well, more like about 185 as he didn’t deserve numerous games last year or the first 2 back from his ankle in 2016 when ROB was doing fine and Sauce returned clearly injured and absolutely putrid. So no, he doesn’t deserve 200.

We never go far enough.

Hartigan is leaking a bag of goals a week - a half fit Keath is a far better option.

Knight is the definition of a list clogger - give Jones a game or two to end the season, he is the future.

Douglas is clearly cooked and not contributing - give Stengle a run.

Mackay is blown over by a light breeze and his tackles are more like hugs - play Galluci has has a huge impact per possession.

Why do people think these guys are retiring? Why would you retire if you know they'll keep picking you?

Another few hundred grand in the bank, no pressure.
Now let me see. Should I keep plodding for as long as I can for a minimum $300k per year, or should I start looking for a real job?... making not even half of that, and you know, having to do work and s**t.

Even if I’m injured, or play s**t, or list clog by playing SANFL, I still get 300 grand. Hmmm, what’s to think about? It’s a no brainer.

Interesting to hear Godden say the two wont be in the ground together at the same time much.

Tells me.two things.

They have 100% faith in RoB and have brought him in even though he is still a.bit fatigued but realise Sauce is not good enough against Grundy, and any backup would get smashed as Grundy goes to a lot of contests. As does a fit RoB. If RoB was 100% Sauce would not be playing.

2 We will be one rotation short.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back