Preview Changes vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be the judge of that.

My man, looks like you slept through the trial.

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 11.55.32 pm.png

Last edited:
If petrol has agreed to be part of a trade for jelly do we play him again this year or back Cameron in ? Obviously only the club would know this

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If the MC think Petch is even 1% better than Cameron, you have to play him. Nobody will remember any potential animosity or imperfect circumstances if we win a flag, but if you lose and it turns out we didn't field what we thought was the best side, that's an issue.

I don't think the gap between Petch and Cameron in 2019 is significant at all so, somewhat fortunately, it surely wouldn't move the needle either way.

KO_KO

Club Legend
Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mighty Falcons & Biggie
If the MC think Petch is even 1% better than Cameron, you have to play him. Nobody will remember any potential animosity or imperfect circumstances if we win a flag, but if you lose and it turns out we didn't field what we thought was the best side, that's an issue.

Understand that but if we knew he’s going a final series of experience into Cameron would be an argument worth considering

Understand that but if we knew he’s going a final series of experience into Cameron would be an argument worth considering

Not that you ever go into finals not trying your best, but if the situation were that we were a team that scraped into eighth and faced a great fifth placed side away from home, I can see an argument for going with Cameron over Petch (or blooding the long term prospect, whoever it is). I don't love it, but I can see why you'd go down that line of thinking.

When you're in the top four and potential playing home finals, or potentially two wins away from a Grand Final, you put politics aside and pick the strongest team possible imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KO_KO

Club Legend
Sep 2, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mighty Falcons & Biggie
Not that you ever go into finals not trying your best, but if the situation were that we were a team that scraped into eighth and faced a great fifth placed side away from home, I can see an argument for going with Cameron over Petch (or blooding the long term prospect, whoever it is). I don't love it, but I can see why you'd go down that line of thinking.

When you're in the top four and potential playing home finals, or potentially two wins away from a Grand Final, you put politics aside and pick the strongest team possible imo.

Yeah but if it’s a toss of the coin you go Cameron imo

Yeah but if it’s a toss of the coin you go Cameron imo

It's a moot point in a way because if* I was picking the team I'd have Cameron in over Petch anyway. It's pretty line ball as is before getting into any off-field stuff, so I'd have no issue with Cameron playing the whole finals series over Petch, trade or no.

*Note for concerned readers: If. Only if. Hypothetically. If!!!!. I'm not saying I am but if!

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
HoneyVole's pantomime exasperation resurfacing.

I heard he got an award online.

Back