Richmond still premiership favourites for 2019?

Remove this Banner Ad

beaglebombs

Senior List
May 31, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Eagles are the best team i've seen this year live but the Tigs (weather) made it hard to disect on the w/e! I think the Tigs can get it done but fck the Weagles have it all...

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Hard to have any team as premiership favourite when they haven't secured the double chance. Richmond would be on the third line of betting with Brisbane in my market. Perhaps lower on Sunday night.

Eagles are the best team i've seen this year live but the Tigs (weather) made it hard to disect on the w/e! I think the Tigs can get it done but fck the Weagles have it all...
Admittedly it was Round 1, but Brisbane beat West Coast by 44 points at The Gabba. Depending how the top 4 pans out, there is every likelihood we will play them in a Qualifying Final at the Gabba again. Brisbane have won their last 9 games straight, including GWS, Port and Hawthorn (Launceston) away and we are continuing to improve.

After we smash a massively overrated Geelong on the weekend, our odds are going to firm considerably, so if you are fond of a punt and fond of winning, jump on Brisbane, who are currently $6.50 for the flag.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Admittedly it was Round 1, but Brisbane beat West Coast by 44 points at The Gabba. Depending how the top 4 pans out, there is every likelihood we will play them in a Qualifying Final at the Gabba again. Brisbane have won their last 9 games straight, including GWS, Port and Hawthorn (Launceston) away and we are continuing to improve.

After we smash a massively overrated Geelong on the weekend, our odds are going to firm considerably, so if you are fond of a punt and fond of winning, jump on Brisbane, who are currently $6.50 for the flag.
I think you’ll roll the cats too but also think we’ll roll you next week meaning you’ll likely finish 2nd or 3rd depending on if we beat the eagles this week. I have the top 4 on all the same points only seperated by percentage. Your win over the suns and the percentage booster that came with it could likely be the difference between staying in Brisbane or travelling to Perth. You’re not my pick to win the whole thing but you just never know.

I think you’ll roll the cats too but also think we’ll roll you next week meaning you’ll likely finish 2nd or 3rd depending on if we beat the eagles this week. I have the top 4 on all the same points only seperated by percentage. Your win over the suns and the percentage booster that came with it could likely be the difference between staying in Brisbane or travelling to Perth. You’re not my pick to win the whole thing but you just never know.
The Brisbane v Richmond game at the MCG is a coin toss, but if we can finish First or Second, we get the valuable Home Final and possible Express Route into the GF. To help that happen, all Lions supporters will be going for Richmond this weekend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tipping you won’t be going for us if the cats roll you.
Correct. But we are going to pump Geelong, I am going to the Richmond v Brisbane game and I think having us both going in after beating our Top 4 rivals makes for a bigger game. Going to be massive. I’m hoping for a Brisbane v Richmond Grand Final - 1944 Replay!

Mar 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
The Brisbane v Richmond game at the MCG is a coin toss, but if we can finish First or Second, we get the valuable Home Final and possible Express Route into the GF. To help that happen, all Lions supporters will be going for Richmond this weekend.
If you think that’s games a coin toss you’re going to be very happy with the odds you get... until after the game when you’ve lost all your money.

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
They'll definitely be up there but I don't think they have the depth to hold up the cup. A lot of things had to go right in 2017 for them to win it

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
Premiership ????
Be lucky to finish in the top 4. Younger players like stack, chol and baker are cocked after having to carry a bigger load whilst others were injured mid season. As Geelong are also now finding out , having kids who are in their first year up for more than a 6 week block is a hard task. In 2017 we were able to bring in Graham late who on grand final day was as important as any player on the ground.
Ross' form for the remainder of the season is going to be definning.

Jan 14, 2002
AFL Club
Richmond
Its crazy but if they lose a game in the last 2 they could finish fourth.

Forget fourth, if the Tigers lose a game in the last 2, which is a real possibility, there's every chance they'll finish fifth. No realistic chance from there - it'll probably mean two interstate trips across weeks 2 and 3 even if they manage to get over Port/Bulldogs/Crows in week 1. And if they drop both games to the Eagles and Lions it could very well be sixth ... same as above.

Benny78

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 4, 2016
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ken Hinkley
One thing that did go right is getting the finals fragile cats in week 1, history about to repeat?

You mean a home final despite being the away side? Like I said a lot of things have to go right. Richmond will be very lucky to receive that advantage again as it's essentially a 4 premiership point handicap

Richmond wouldn't have beat Geelong in 2017 at Kardinia or the MCG with an away crowd size

Back