Injury 2019 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

CROWS84

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2011
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Guys do you think Cameron will Play next week? I backed him for the Coleman lol.
Leon Cameron said it was just a corkie yesterday, is that the full extent of the injury?
Good luck this week.
Cheers .

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Surely they are looking at what Geelong are doing? They are the polar opposites to GWS re inability of players to get injured.

I'd like to see the last 5 year ACL head to head record between these clubs - even taking into account Menzel!
My understanding is the ACL is very difficult to prevent as it is often a dorectional change during play compared to the soft tissue issues we have had. I would be keen to more readily criticize the soft tissue than the joint injuries

CROWS84

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2011
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yep hoping they bring him back next week to get him over the line for the Coleman!
Good luck in the finals, if you guys are full strength I’ve got no doubt you can do some damage.

My understanding is the ACL is very difficult to prevent as it is often a dorectional change during play compared to the soft tissue issues we have had. I would be keen to more readily criticize the soft tissue than the joint injuries

Research is starting to emerge that particular strengthening techniques can help avoid ACL issues as well, but we're talking only in the last few years. I don't get the impression that we're on the bleeding edge for injury management.

Danny88

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Research is starting to emerge that particular strengthening techniques can help avoid ACL issues as well, but we're talking only in the last few years. I don't get the impression that we're on the bleeding edge for injury management.
No of course not and yes you are correct but that is in its infancy and there are mixed messages
Around the research. Soft tissue injuries I think we can criticize away- it’s just a bit more grey with joint ones

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
any news on whether taranto has trained this week? I've got him in fantasy and sitting out a lot of last weeks final quarter with ice on his hammy wasnt a good look!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

any news on whether taranto has trained this week? I've got him in fantasy and sitting out a lot of last weeks final quarter with ice on his hammy wasnt a good look!
We don't tend to do late outs. If he's named he's playing, bar any late setbacks.

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
The real injury report

Ward Knee Season
Flynn Knee Season
Patton No Heart Season
Deledio Calf Season
Lloyd Calf 1 week Hopefully plays NEAFL final but again without at least 2 games I cant see him being an option for the club and he may not be eligible for the finals, he should focus on day 1 of pre season
Langdon Ankle 3 weeks Similar to Lloyd, day 1 pre season
Coniglio Knee 2nd final if the club goes that far
D Buckley Job interviews

Cameron Hamstring Test Unlikely to take a risk if it is a strain but if the club was truthful in that it was a corkie then he will be a chance
Hopper Hamstring Test Unlikely to risk him although the club is already missing its 2 most experienced inside players in Ward and Coniglio he is very important going into finals
TOJ Hamstring Test Unlikely to risk and available for the 1st final
Taylor Hamstring Test Same as TOJ
Mumford Test Should be available and he will need a tune up going into finals

That's ******* ridiculous given how much weighting the MRP has put on "caused injury" over and over again... until now. Harris Andrews got a week because he heard teeth chattering. Bont gets off after crushing a guy's ******* throat.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
classic "who? me? what did I do?" pose from the guy who just broke another guy's THROAT and put him out for a month.

20190820_161201.jpg

good onya champ.

Last edited:

Giant Pete

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2013
AFL Club
GWS
Looking at the injury list our elimination final lineup could be:
Shaw Davis Haynes
Williams Taylor Kennedy
Whitfield Coniglio Kelly
Daniels Cameron Deledio
Hill HH Greene
Mumford Hopper Taranto
Tomlinson Finlayson DeBoer Reid

That would be six changes to the side that played the dogs last week:
In:
Coniglio
Hopper
Cameron
Taylor
Finlayson
Deledio
(Only one coming back from a long term injury)

Out:
Keeffe
Caldwell
Stein
Sproule
Perryman
Simpson

Some handy ins. Now we just need a decent game plan ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back