Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Im pretty new to following the NFL closely.
Does Gase just organise the offence and leave the defensive set up completely to Williams?
Or does Gase still get the final say?

Im pretty new to following the NFL closely.
Does Gase just organise the offence and leave the defensive set up completely to Williams?
Or does Gase still get the final say?
he leaves the defense to williams.
as HC tho gase will have final say on certain matters like cutting defensive players etc

Gameday though Gase can overrule plays? Or he just sets the strategy and DC runs the show
gameday as HC he oversees everything, if there are any important decisions he can interfere, like during the game replacing a starter with another player, or maybe telling williams to shift strategies, key third downs requesting blitz or something if he feels the D needs a stop urgently etc.

but essentially williams is running the D, all the game planning done mid week would be collaborative with gase anyway, but williams has extensive coaching experience and wouldnt need gase interference

Cuts have been made.
Polite, McGuire and Holmes all cut

One of the worst parts of the NFL, Jets head coach Adam Gase said after the preseason finale against Philadelphia on Thursday, is today, final cutdown day.
"It's tough because you develop relationships, and then you have to move on," Gase said. "You'll never see some of these guys again."
Most of the 38 players that general manager Joe Douglas and the Jets had to move by 4 p.m. today to get down to their initial 53-player roster are headed for other teams or other opportunities. That list includes LB Jachai Polite, this year's third-round selection out of Florida, plus two players who contributed to the Green & White cause the past two seasons — RB Elijah McGuire and TE Eric Tomlinson.
One player, CB Parry Nickerson, a sixth-round choice out of Tulane last year, was traded today to the Seattle Seahawks in exchange for a conditional 2021 draft pick.
One, sixth-round rookie CB Bless Austin has been placed on the Non-Football Injury list. Two players — TE Chris Herndon and LB Brandon Copeland — start four-game league suspensions

WTF Jets? How do you lose that, that is a terrible loss. When they went up 16-0 I checked my exuberance and quickly thought "uh oh, this is gonna be a 17-16 heartbreaker" and whaddaya know

The offense was terrible all day with the exception of Bell and Crowder. Griffin did a couple of nice things, Anderson and Enunwa were basically unsighted. The kicker (Vedvek?) has gotta go, he won't survive another game like that. Basically lost us the game with his missed FG/extra point. Was hard to get a read on Darnold, didn't do much but is stuck behind a Swiss cheese oline. Should've used Bell more in the last quarter I thought. No turnovers is a positive but really should've capitalised on the possessions given to him by the defense in the first half.

The defense couldn't have done much better early but fell apart after Mosely (who is a beast) went off. Adams was pretty good, the forced fumble by Q Williams was awesome to watch. Trumaine Johnson is a massive liability, opposition offences will be picking on him all year. Singletary tore us to shreds especially late, hes a great little player.

This was just a bad bad loss especially considering we'll likely be competing with the Bills for a wildcard spot (if we're good enough). Will be interesting to see how they respond against the Browns but I'm not confident. This could be a rough start to the season.

WTF Jets? How do you lose that, that is a terrible loss. When they went up 16-0 I checked my exuberance and quickly thought "uh oh, this is gonna be a 17-16 heartbreaker" and whaddaya know

The offense was terrible all day with the exception of Bell and Crowder. Griffin did a couple of nice things, Anderson and Enunwa were basically unsighted. The kicker (Vedvek?) has gotta go, he won't survive another game like that. Basically lost us the game with his missed FG/extra point. Was hard to get a read on Darnold, didn't do much but is stuck behind a Swiss cheese oline. Should've used Bell more in the last quarter I thought. No turnovers is a positive but really should've capitalised on the possessions given to him by the defense in the first half.

The defense couldn't have done much better early but fell apart after Mosely (who is a beast) went off. Adams was pretty good, the forced fumble by Q Williams was awesome to watch. Trumaine Johnson is a massive liability, opposition offences will be picking on him all year. Singletary tore us to shreds especially late, hes a great little player.

This was just a bad bad loss especially considering we'll likely be competing with the Bills for a wildcard spot (if we're good enough). Will be interesting to see how they respond against the Browns but I'm not confident. This could be a rough start to the season.

I second this post. I don't see how we score with how pathetic our O-Line was. i don't blame then for not running Bell that much, there was no where to go...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMG_2779.JPG.f49b3ac6bc9b57cb75a2d6f36b45ae5e.JPG

The wheels are off and the dumpster is burning. Embarrassing performance on a national stage by the Jets. Per Overthecap.com, the Jets spend the second highest amount of salary cap on the offensive line and if they're not holding, they're turnstiles. Only week 2 and the season is already over. FML.

Gase is ******* useless. Offensive Guru has one TD two games. Darnold or not, thats pathetic for a supposed offensive coach in today's pass happy league.

Sack him ASAP and give the job to Williams for the rest of the year.

Yeh, was really looking forward to this season. Darnold + Bell and some other weapons back like Enunwa. Chris Herndon improving sharply as a receiving threat.

The season's already a bust in week 2. The problem is the owner. Woody can't hire to save his life, until he sells the team, the team won't win anything.

Bell is going to want out real soon, if he doesn't already. Can't imagine he's going to enjoy working for this rubbish side. No QB and a horrible OLine to run behind.

It's a piss poor excuse honestly with how many other back up QBs around the league still manage to put points on the board... And Williams has no cbs, lbs or pass rush but is still getting by somehow.

But whatevs

2019 season Scoring update after week 3:

Jets ST and Defense: 22

I'm not necessarily a Gase fan but it's impossible to judge him so far. The seasons been a dumpster fire since half time of week 1. Darnold played sick week 1, our O-line is swiss cheese, we don't have too many offensive weapons and even on defense we've been giving our offense shithouse field position. Plus we're on our 3rd string QB and our backup wasn't even that good.

Can't believe I've been following this side for 9 seasons and haven't made playoffs once! Combined with Melbourne's one finals appearance in 2018 it's a horrific strike rate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back