Pre-Season Friendlies 2019 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at it.... Yes, I feel Liverpool are a stronger team but their priorities this year are the Championship. I don't thnk anyone here gives a crap about the World Club cup.
What?

The winner of the Champions League plays in the Club World Cup. There was literally zero chance of Chelsea playing the Club World Cup regardless of the result today.

What?

The winner of the Champions League plays in the Club World Cup. There was literally zero chance of Chelsea playing the Club World Cup regardless of the result today.
Didn't say that... The winners of the European super cup play in the Club World cup.

Looking at it.... Yes, I feel Liverpool are a stronger team but their priorities this year are the Championship. I don't thnk anyone here gives a crap about the World Club cup.
The World Club Cup is 2 games, I want to win it.

Didn't say that... The winners of the European super cup play in the Club World cup.
No they don't. The winners of the Champions League play the Club World Cup. Not the winners of the Super Cup.

No they don't. The winners of the Champions League play the Club World Cup. Not the winners of the Super Cup.
If you're educating me then thanks... I always thought the later.

Live and learn. Chances of Luton getting there are slim....

Whether you consider it a trophy or not is irrelevant. The governing body of football and the teams competing consider it a trophy.

I enjoyed seeing my team lift another trophy, no matter how small or irrelevant it is. Maybe if you hadn’t bottled it in Madrid you would have got to enjoy it instead.
What an unnecessary cheap shot. Both teams played crap in Madrid, and that has nothing to do with whether this glorified exhibition match counts as a major trophy or not.

As someone said previously, you lot are insufferable when you win. Thankfully most of you hide away on your own board these days.

As someone said previously, you lot are insufferable when you win. Thankfully most of you hide away on your own board these days.
Funnily enough the cesspit that is twitter after Madrid actually showed the good side of Scousers. Most actually were humble and stood up for us when gooner morons and chav filth tried to banter. It was good to see actually. We have nothing to be ashamed of with our 2018-19 Cl campaign. Nothing.

I did laugh when a scouser this morning posted the major trophies list... you know cos it apparently now has the scousers as top dogs.
England.JPG

All just one big dick measuring contest over nothing too.
One says one thing, one says something different.

Funnily enough the cesspit that is twitter after Madrid actually showed the good side of Scousers. Most actually were humble and stood up for us when gooner morons and chav filth tried to banter. It was good to see actually. We have nothing to be ashamed of with our 2018-19 Cl campaign. Nothing.

I did laugh when a scouser this morning posted the major trophies list... you know cos it apparently now has the scousers as top dogs.
View attachment 727329

All just one big dick measuring contest over nothing too.
One says one thing, one says something different.
Never heard anyone ever state how many super cups their club has won - of course until today. You would never hear United fans back in the day go on about winning them. Scousers are a bit of a different breed though

Var is not there to judge wall encroachments. So will never be referred or looked at. VAR is there to look at GK encroachment on penalties.

In this case they simply ignored it.

The question is why?

No it isn't.

What an unnecessary cheap shot. Both teams played crap in Madrid, and that has nothing to do with whether this glorified exhibition match counts as a major trophy or not.

come on mate relations between us have been very good lately sour grapes like this could set it back to the old days. fwiw I dont think anyone was insufferable after the CL win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

come on mate relations between us have been very good lately sour grapes like this could set it back to the old days. fwiw I dont think anyone was insufferable after the CL win.
Not sour grapes, just pointed out the obvious that you got a favourable penalty in the CL final, Chelsea got one last night. Swings and roundabouts. Of course you’ve got that pesky little agitator who then claims that bringing that up means I’m not over the CL final. Truth is I was never affected by the loss because the game was such a letdown the whole thing felt anti climatic to me.

As for the super trophy thing, it’s just not a real trophy. Nobody ever has considered it one except scousers since last night. A bit of a pathetic carry-on in truth

But it can judge on encroachment by a defender during a penalty kick? Seems odd it wouldn’t look at both???

There is a linesman (or should I say linesperson) that stands in line with the goal line for all penalty kicks (including shootouts and during the game). They are in the best position to call a keeper encroaching. It would be farcical if every single penalty was retaken where a keeper is mere centimetres off their line.

As a result VAR does not rule on the keeper on the line. Much the same way as it is the referee's responsibility to ensure that the wall is at least the minium required 9.15m distance from the ball for a free kick. And again you will find that referees won't pull up a wall being a couple of centimetres too close to the ball but will pull it up if someone breaks early and blocks a free kick. In that case the offending player will be yellow carded and a retake of the FK will be taken. This is all done without VAR assistance.

There is a linesman (or should I say linesperson) that stands in line with the goal line for all penalty kicks (including shootouts and during the game). They are in the best position to call a keeper encroaching. It would be farcical if every single penalty was retaken where a keeper is mere centimetres off their line.

As a result VAR does not rule on the keeper on the line. Much the same way as it is the referee's responsibility to ensure that the wall is at least the minium required 9.15m distance from the ball for a free kick. And again you will find that referees won't pull up a wall being a couple of centimetres too close to the ball but will pull it up if someone breaks early and blocks a free kick. In that case the offending player will be yellow carded and a retake of the FK will be taken. This is all done without VAR assistance.
Please stop going back to the wall example as that’s poles apart from a penalty situation. To start with there is no real actual straight line.

If VAR does not look at keeper encroachment, then fine. Nothing more to be said as it’s reliant on the ref and the rule will continue to be adjudicated poorly as it always has.

My original assertion was one of whether VAR is being used to look at encroachment (as it had at the women’s World Cup) If it does, then it 100% should of picked it up and forced a retake. If it doesn’t look at it, then it should as those few inches can make a massive difference in a penalty situation.

And it wouldn’t be farcical at all to force a retake. Keepers would quickly learn to keep a foot on the line if the rule was actually enforced

Remove this Banner Ad

Back