Bluemour Discussion Thread XVII - Coniglio means Rabbit in Italian!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cogs + Crouch + Martin = one of the kids probably gets squeezed sometime soon. Purely on opportunity.

Walsh, Cripps, Setterfield
Kreuzer, Crouch, Coniglio

Murphy, Curnow, Martin, SPS, Fisher, Dow, O'Brien, Stocker, Gibbons, Kennedy.

That's a lot of midfielders who'd be understandably miffed if they were missing out on selection.
A lot of those would have to improve to have a reason for being upset about not getting a game.

Cogs + Crouch + Martin = one of the kids probably gets squeezed sometime soon. Purely on opportunity.

That's a lot of midfielders who'd be understandably miffed if they were missing out on selection.

Cogs would play on the half forward line mate; like Dusty.

One plays off HB (SPS ) one plays off HF ( Martin ) so no issues there I would imagine. Gibbons, Im not sure is best 22 next season. Kennedy would be in the F50 mix Id suggest. Murphy and Ed would be at worst on the I/C. The younger guys left is not really an issue if the continue development in the VFL and rotate in and out as form and injuries occur.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if the Crows board could handle the meltdowns if they traded Brad Crouch to us !!!!
I could.........pretty sure..........

If we got cogs and crouch I wouldn’t give a s**t if they got kicked out. Don’t think we will get both but if we do the midfield 7 not including kreuzer would be

Cripps cogs Walsh Murphy crouch setters Ed

Just my opinion tho
Let them get miffed. If they warrant games, they’ll get them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Competition for spots is good, mate. Will make the likes of Fish, Dow, LOB, Stock, Gibbo and MK work even harder to bang down door. Makes the NBs stronger as a result, too.
A lot of those would have to improve to have a reason for being upset about not getting a game.
One plays off HB (SPS ) one plays off HF ( Martin ) so no issues there I would imagine. Gibbons, Im not sure is best 22 next season. Kennedy would be in the F50 mix Id suggest. Murphy and Ed would be at worst on the I/C. The younger guys left is not really an issue if the continue development in the VFL and rotate in and out as form and injuries occur.

Valid points, all, and I'm not saying we should turn Crouch away.

Just highlighting that bringing in three best 22 midfielders is going to push some kids to the 2s, and we're talking kids who have gotten used to playing at AFL level. Even if they're "OK" with playing VFL, they'll be courted heavily by other clubs and I wouldn't be surprised to see someone shake loose. Would be hard to get overs for a kid like that if we're not playing them in the seniors.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Valid points, all, and I'm not saying we should turn Crouch away.

Just highlighting that bringing in three best 22 midfielders is going to push some kids to the 2s, and we're talking kids who have gotten used to playing at AFL level. Even if they're "OK" with playing VFL, they'll be courted heavily by other clubs and I wouldn't be surprised to see someone shake loose. Would be hard to get overs for a kid like that if we're not playing them in the seniors.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Id imagine they know that if they bide their time, Murphy doesn't have long left, Ed possibly too. Im not sure its probably anything serious to worry about, if one or two do get shaken loose, we'd likely be in a strong position to get something good for them anyways. They will still get their opportunities in the best 22 anyway Id imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back