Preview Round 22: Changes Vs Essendon + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Had we beaten St Kilda we would’ve been 9th. Never in the mix? Please. That’s a defeatist style.
Duman needs to muscle up, he won’t last in AFL playing his role. He either plays as an intercepting key defender or a spare defender. He’s not going to last at his height with that body shape. Small forwards kill him, big forwards are too strong for him atm

Pigs .... he's made some blues with the ball but his 1v1's have been heaps better this year

Unfortunately it was well more than one mistake. His game was littered with them. No idea how or why he makes it this week.
He wasn’t the only one.

Our back line was just too inexperienced.

Our forward line with only one contested marking player.

By the way, what has Nyhuis done not to be selected?

Always, seems to do a job on the defensive end. Sure, he doesn’t take risks or breaks the line but he is near with his kicks.

Can you buy a ticket for the game at the gate. My son and I are members but my Thai partner who has shown zero interest AFL wants to go for A S last game.
She meet him years ago and has been sweet on him ever since.

I’m in two minds about him.

That mistake last week cost us making a final.

Is he dumb or inexperienced?

The decision was sound. The execution was pathetic.

Sam Collins use to make similar mistakes.

It’s under 16 stuff really. If you leave your man to impact the contest, you simply have to kill the ball.

We make this error countless times in defense. 2 or 3 fly. Ball hits floor and we’re dead. Nothing infuriates me more when it spoils out the back and some bloke who just sits there runs into an open goal.

It’s gonna be a nostalgic night with the farewells and the retro jumper. Those changes are fine for what the game is about. The season is cooked so let’s just enjoy the occasion and send off some club greats with a win.

One of the guys on our board asked who was going to carry Sandi off after the game, so I put my thinking cap on .......

sandi_1.jpg

and thought why not :moustache:

Good luck for the future guys!!

Can you buy a ticket for the game at the gate. My son and I are members but my Thai partner who has shown zero interest AFL wants to go for A S last game.
She meet him years ago and has been sweet on him ever since.
can one of you folks living in Perth reply to this, please?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Jason Carter got a good run. 2 games.

I know his disposal wasn't great (1 awful clanger especially) but how do you drop an
-18 year old
-in a rebuild
-for a dead-rubber
-after 2 games

If the blokes at Freo can tell he's a dud after 2 games, I'll eat my hat.

The mind boggles.

I know his disposal wasn't great (1 awful clanger especially) but how do you drop an
-18 year old
-in a rebuild
-for a dead-rubber
-after 2 games

The mind boggles.
I'm all for giving young blokes a go but who can we drop that is not also a youngster? Good chance that if it wasn't a farewell for Ballas he would have got another go.

Personally I think Carter is a bit out of his depth in the AFL at the moment anyway (as Crowden was last year) but will be better off for the experience and I suspect will improve significantly for next year (as Crowden has).

-18 year old
-in a rebuild
-for a dead-rubber
-after 2 games

The mind boggles.
I reckon he would have stayed in the team if it weren't ballaz last game.

Edit* What joao said.

I'm all for giving young blokes a go but who can we drop that is not also a youngster? Good chance that if it wasn't a farewell for Ballas he would have got another go.

Personally I think Carter is a bit out of his depth in the AFL at the moment anyway (as Crowden was last year) but will be better off for the experience and I suspect will improve significantly for next year (as Crowden has).
I reckon he would have stayed in the team if it weren't ballaz last game.

Edit* What joao said.
I totally understand the point. But, Carter's a wing (who has been played at halfback for the past 18 months). Ballentyne's a forward. It just doesn't make any sense. Carter is only 2 games in, we have no idea if he'll be a ripper or a spud. How about we find out if he's the next Dale Kickett or Shaunny Mac before we ditch the kid after 2 games?

I totally understand the point. But, Carter's a wing (who has been played at halfback for the past 18 months). Ballentyne's a forward. It just doesn't make any sense. Carter is only 2 games in, we have no idea if he'll be a ripper or a spud. How about we find out if he's the next Dale Kickett or Shaunny Mac before we ditch the kid after 2 games?
Carter played his fair share of half back underage and at Peel.

We haven't ditched him. Not unusual for young players to got dropped a few times before staying in.

Also, you still have to offer an alternative. I still reckon he plays if Ballas doesn't.

Carter played his fair share of half back underage and at Peel.

We haven't ditched him. Not unusual for young players to got dropped a few times before staying in.

Also, you still have to offer an alternative. I still reckon he plays if Ballas doesn't.
Fair enough. I guess they wanted an extra forward, so they dropped a forward and a back for 2 forwards.

Mind you, Carter wasn't the worst out there last week... not by a long way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back