List Mgmt. Collingwood Academy Kids

Remove this Banner Ad

https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/tag/reef-mcinnes/
#21 Reef McInnes (Oakleigh Chargers)

The Collingwood NGA prospect looks to be another great find for the Magpies, and he had some sort of start to the game. McInnes was strong from the get-go, winning the very first clearance and working hard to impact a number of contests around the ground – he was involved in just about everything. His clean hands, strength in the contest, and tackling made him the dominant inside midfielder, but his spread and props in traffic bode well for a well-balanced game. McInnes was a little quieter as the game wore on, but racked up 24 disposals, nine tackles, six clearances, and four inside 50s.
Wonder if we’ll look to off load our 2020 draft pick because of him.

This whole NGA system seems like the sort of thing the AFL could just neuter on a whim. Don't want to get too attached to a future prospect.
Regardless of who the other clubs end up with, it's hard not to be cynical and worry that if too many Quaynor-standard types end up "ours for the taking" that the system will be changed quite a bit!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to Swans when North had him Father Son and shows how the North Acadmies are Unfair Advantage for Northern State Teams
He would of had the choice of playing for either Brisbane or North Melbourne as a F/S so I don't have a problem with that one. It's just lucky for Sydney he chose them.

Been in Sydney since he was 12. I hate Sydney just as much as anybody but he had the right to go to them.

No Southern Sides have Access to Prospects like That

Knightmare whats your stance on next year’s first round pick with Reef? Look to trade it off for someone like Keath for example? Or is he someone that can project into the top 5?
If he is possibly anywhere in top 20 next year, it would make sense to trade next years first rounder into the 2019 national draft

If he is possibly anywhere in top 20 next year, it would make sense to trade next years first rounder into the 2019 national draft

I been told at moment looks like top 5-10 Pick

Knightmare whats your stance on next year’s first round pick with Reef? Look to trade it off for someone like Keath for example? Or is he someone that can project into the top 5?

Reef has another year of development to come. We'll see where he is at in 12 months time. Things change. Sometimes for the better. Other times not. He's in my top 20 for now and his play during the finals will tell us more about where he is at. So I wouldn't be trading a first round pick on the basis of Reef. If anything with that thought process in mind you hold and wait because of him and then deal next year more ideally during the trade period to suit what you want to do in the leadup to the draft.

In saying that, I would be open to moving next year's first rounder instead on the basis that I'm not as high on next year's draft at this point so if that can be flipped for something I'd be open to that. Though Collingwood with an ageing list could well drop, so you'd want to be sure Collingwood aren't sliding out of the top 8, and I don't feel confident enough about that either, not viewing Collingwood at least as a top 4 side next year at this stage even of that.

If Keath can be had for a Sier or someone of similarly suitable value I'd do that. Not sure I'd give a first round pick for him given his age. It's making the same mistake we made with Beams and repeating our mistakes. If going after what will be a 28 year old before the start of next season, you better be getting someone of the standing of a Fyfe, D.Martin, Gawn or Duncan for any first round pick traded.

Josh Walker for a late pick is another I wouldn't be averse to trading a late pick for.

Yes but we not had him in our Teams until after the Draft where Swans had Blakey since he was about 12
You think we haven’t got 12 year old NGA prospects right now?

You think we haven’t got 12 year old NGA prospects right now?

Yes but we really only have them School Holidays and only a Handful of Games where Swans have lot more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back