Preview 2019 Round 22 - Richmond vs West Coast, Sunday 18th of August @ MCG, 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plays well within our system, very disciplined. Was great as an X factor with Castagna and Butler but we have Lynch for that now. We need to play taller to negate teams like West Coast in the finals.

Exactly this!

“Defensive pressure is our (and apparently Collingwoods) one wood.”

“Defensive pressure is the one thing we can control”

We hear this constantly over the last 3 seasons. Players have been dropped consistently for under performing defensively despite incredible attacking talent.

This is why Rioli and Castagna play every week, their pressure is elite (Graham’s doesn’t even have a word to describe it). Stack, like Bolton before him, I reckon has been told to sort it out. We have too many guys wanting spots in the team for you to slack if defensively.

source.gif

Best

If you're all trying to work out why Stack got dropped ahead of the other small forwards, check out the tackle stats from last week for our small forwards.

George had 6.
Bolton 5.
Rioli 2.
Stack 0.

Watch him go back to the VFL and tackle like a madman.

You hang a guy for 1 average game?
While others get repeated chances to get into form?

Here is the story on tackle counts for the season so far...

FB9CD787-A27C-45F5-8211-5495975A5E28.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?
No doubt he was quiet last week, but he’s been put into a different role when he was excelling for weeks.
Being a favorite for the rising star has been well earned.... others staying in on reputation and not performance imo
Because I don’t think he’s been dropped for not being good enough. I think there is an ulterior motive behind it, the kid has shown he is best when faced with a challenge and a little kick up the arse leading into finals should propel him into some desperate, serious Sydney Stack form.

Stack played his best footy in the halfback simple as that had a couple of good games forward should have slotted back to the HB and when need be swing up forward no brainer.Kids tired and maybe injuries should have not played last week, but still can't understand why coaches make moves like this and screw momentum.

On to Nank in one week out the second give him time in vfl Soldo was doing a job there was no rush for me.Both puzzling decisions for me.

Last edited:
Stack dropped is ridiculous. Has been one of our best and most consistent players all year, playing in two completely different positions. He should never have been moved from the backline - you can’t tell me that Baker is doing a better job than him down there.

This is how you lose good young players. He sees players around him stinking week in week out (hello Rioli) yet stay in the team. He plays a couple average games and is straight out.

I’m mad.
There’s a few ways of looking at it and you outlined one that being if a bloke having a season like that is dropped it spells out clearly how well you have to maintain form to keep a spot.
And it will drive him to greater success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back