Preview Round 22: Changes Vs Essendon + Pre-match discussion

GoFreo4eva

Freo Tragic Since the Beginning
Sep 15, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can you buy a ticket for the game at the gate. My son and I are members but my Thai partner who has shown zero interest AFL wants to go for A S last game.
She meet him years ago and has been sweet on him ever since.
Yes easily bought at the gate or online via the club website too..

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm all for giving young blokes a go but who can we drop that is not also a youngster? Good chance that if it wasn't a farewell for Ballas he would have got another go.

Personally I think Carter is a bit out of his depth in the AFL at the moment anyway (as Crowden was last year) but will be better off for the experience and I suspect will improve significantly for next year (as Crowden has).
Agree with this and felt that particularly against St Kilda he looked out of his depth, especially after his terrible Clanger. Good game for Peel and he will be back in the frame for the Port game.

People like to get worked up over nothing.

Like why the hell isnt Ryan Bloody Nyhuis getting a game. I mean seriously not worth having a heart attack. The bloke is odds on to be delisted and is way down the pecking order. Duman made one bad mistake and as cobbler said the idea was right but execution terrible. I thought Duman was quite reasonable the rest of the game. Needs to study the tape and learn from his mistake so as not to do again.

Also I fully endorse Bailey Banfield being dropped - he was awful and worst on ground for Freo. Like a deer in headlights at times firing off kamikaze handpasses and looking everywhere for options instead of just kicking a goal when only 20 metres out.

I hope Sturt gets a game next week but he does need to perform half decently for Peel. For the likes of Carter and Sturt it is more about them getting a taste of the real stuff in the lead up to the preseason.

Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
I see Jason Carter got a good run. 2 games.

I know his disposal wasn't great (1 awful clanger especially) but how do you drop an
-18 year old
-in a rebuild
-for a dead-rubber
-after 2 games

If the blokes at Freo can tell he's a dud after 2 games, I'll eat my hat.

The mind boggles.
Sometimes you need to go back to lower grade to work on your game happened to me in seventeens and colts.
they haven't decided hes a dud, they gave him a contract extension.

Jun 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sometimes you need to go back to lower grade to work on your game happened to me in seventeens and colts.
they haven't decided hes a dud, they gave him a contract extension.

But when there is nothing really at stake it would have been good for him to play at home under the lights with what hopefully is a loud and proud crowd behind the team. Seems like a mistake to me but what would I know, I guess Bassendean oval in front of a few 100 should be good as well.

Jul 18, 2010
Australia.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth.
I like the optimism. :)The realist in me keeps reminding me we've lost to Carlton (without Cripps), GCS, Melbourne and St Kilda. Then I realise we're no where near finals, despite what the ladder says.
I am 100% half glass full :)...unless Port win :(

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
I like the optimism. :)The realist in me keeps reminding me we've lost to Carlton (without Cripps), GCS, Melbourne and St Kilda. Then I realise we're no where near finals, despite what the ladder says.
I don't think we are much chop either, tbh, but I reckon you are thoroughly overrating Essendon, Collingwood, GWS and Adelaide.

carnaroys08

Cancelled
Sep 4, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Cowboys, Storm.
Hope you don't mind the occasional friendly visitor.
Your guys have had some mighty impressive wins this year, GWS, Lions etc etc. You're a really good side to watch & fun to barrack for when your not playing us.
Didn't Bulldogs (2016), Richmond (2017), Collingwood(2018), Lions(2019) all launch into finals with the slightly easier draw for being 13th or worse.
I reckon if you finish 13th you'll continue the trend in 2020. Imo Gill & his mates have done a pretty good job in giving promising bottom 6 sides a legitimate crack at finals the following year with the slightly softer draw; more so than the 7th - 12th group. If I was a Freo Member, 100% I'd rather see us put the cue in the rack for the season & hope the Saints take 12th. I get the distinct impression that North are now quite happy to be in the bottom 6 this season.
Good luck Freo

ps: thanks again for the special Q&A you had with Lachie Neal's Manager a few years ago. It was the most insightful, & at times funniest, piece I have ever read about footy. It also gave a pretty good vibe that Freo supporters are OK.

Bobby Sands

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey guys,

Sorry to intrude and good luck against the Dons.

Fantasy related question, do you guys use a tagger ?

Jul 18, 2010
Australia.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth.
A lot of people on here seem to rate Nyhuis. Well if I was the list manager , I would be delisting him at the end of this year, and that is exactly what I think will happen.
His card was stamped the moment he became my buddy. If you dont believe me, look at my buddy history :(
Next year I think I will give the whole buddy thing a miss ;)

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hope you don't mind the occasional friendly visitor.
Your guys have had some mighty impressive wins this year, GWS, Lions etc etc. You're a really good side to watch & fun to barrack for when your not playing us.
Didn't Bulldogs (2016), Richmond (2017), Collingwood(2018), Lions(2019) all launch into finals with the slightly easier draw for being 13th or worse.
I reckon if you finish 13th you'll continue the trend in 2020. Imo Gill & his mates have done a pretty good job in giving promising bottom 6 sides a legitimate crack at finals the following year with the slightly softer draw; more so than the 7th - 12th group. If I was a Freo Member, 100% I'd rather see us put the cue in the rack for the season & hope the Saints take 12th. I get the distinct impression that North are now quite happy to be in the bottom 6 this season.
Good luck Freo

ps: thanks again for the special Q&A you had with Lachie Neal's Manager a few years ago. It was the most insightful, & at times funniest, piece I have ever read about footy. It also gave a pretty good vibe that Freo supporters are OK.
It’s never a good idea to lose.

Purple dynamite

All Australian
May 22, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Bayern munich
Hi all,

I have a 10 game flexi membership and tried to redeem my tickets for tonights game but the app says no tickets available.
Can anyone help because you can still buy online tickets for general admin??

Cheers

Back