Autopsy 53 point win against Melbourne - Rd 22

Remove this Banner Ad

I just can't work out the hate for BT. I think he's okay.
Maybe if he was competent at the basics of his job we wouldn’t mind his tomfoolery as much. Kept calling Dawson Hayward all night.

Nice to win at the MCG the more wins there the better and the more experience on that ground the better.

Plenty of things to work on for the Swans in no pressure turnovers (Lloyd) but enough there for me to be hopeful for the years ahead.

Umpire 23 hates the Swans. We still manage to lose that count even when we flog a team. Couple of howlers in non call for incorrect disposal and the Menzel one where Lewis just pushed him in the back to get a free. Still the AFL saw the game as a dead rubber and sent the s**t umpires to the Friday game.

Dunstall of course zeroed in on the soft goal Sam Reid got. His hate is so blatant. Richo watched a replay of Rampe getting pushed in the back into the post. "No push there I wouldn't think" FFS have a hard look at yourself Richo.

Not sure about Bell still but nice to see his goal and celebration. Blakey gonna get better love his mongrel even though ump 23 gave them a BS free from the centre as a result.

Good to sit on the couch and say suck it to Swans fans supporting a loss for picks.

He certainly does. Robert Finlay. Terrible Umpire In General though just not his hatred of Us.

Good win coming off the 6 day break and back to back interstate trips.
We didn’t just win but won convincingly.

Younger players led the way like Florent, Blakey, Dawson, Rowbottom and McCartin. Makes the victory somewhat better as we weren’t reliant on the experienced players.

Tackling was impressive given it’s been a bit average during the year.

Demons are terrible and an example as to why you don’t tank for draft picks.

In relation to the umpiring when you are the worst game of the round you will get the weakest umpires.

I'm amazed at how well Fix did stats wise. I don't recall even noticing him on the ground. Chandler did well.

Well tanked Goodwin.

fox still reminds me of towers a bit, busted his arse though tonight and got a fair bit of it

- Rampe has had a brilliant year, should be AA...will miss out though because of a few moments that keep getting trotting out almost every-time someone pumps him up.
- The standard of umpiring was DEPLORABLE, absolutely putrid calls (or non-calls) all game and not all to them, we got a few of them as well.
- The opposition was garbage but there was a lot of positives to take out. I think everyone contributed tonight, which is always a good sign.
- The tackles were really sticking tonight, players have been allowed to walk through them to easily a lot of the year.

As poor as melbourne were, we can take alot from that.

Blakey was sensational, already looks like a 150 gamer... we have no idea what he will become

Menzel deserves another deal

Heeney's set shots were woeful

Rowbottom is on a steep learning curve...looks more and more polished every week

Aliir was sensational

Rampe was just rampe.. top flight defender

As long as we keep developing, we have a bright future

Good summation. Thought the older guys were just steady, aside from Ramps who was terrific. Crowd groaned when he was pushed into the goal post and when it was clear he was ok, everyone laughed.

Think all the kids had good moments. The crowd went berko when Belly slotted his goal and did a little celebratory dance. Fair to say he is a bit of a favourite of the players who went nuts. He has a lot to learn, but will give it a real crack.

Yes it was Melbourne and they missed some gettable goals, but I was really happy to see them have a win. Nice way for KJ to have his last game at the G.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fox still reminds me of towers a bit, busted his arse though tonight and got a fair bit of it

Way ahead of Deano. Thought Fox was solid all night and his run was used a bit better by the team.

Way ahead of Deano. Thought Fox was solid all night and his run was used a bit better by the team.

meant more that not sure he has a position to play, few signs in different spots

Remove this Banner Ad

Back