Autopsy 53 point win against Melbourne - Rd 22

He is related to BT.

Had forgotten... well you choose your friends but cannot choose your rellos.

Used to hate the way Taylor played - played for frees, tho not in M Lloyd's class and was a cheap shot merchant.

Rowbottom is the opposite, a ball playing hard nut.

Re the umpiring, it was bloody ordinary. Not so much what was paid but what they missed. I was at the other end but the goal square free against Mills looked a disgrace.

I admit to being a little hoarse from yelling a bit (yep, I know old men and clouds). I reckon the Bloods crowd was well over half. The crowd figure was posted as over 22,000. I do not believe that for a moment.

Is ronke applying enough pressure to compensate for the lack of output?

no...I thought he played better and did a couple of clever things but think he will be the first to miss next week. Menzel did well enough. His smarts and accurate kicking might keep him in.

Does anyone know why McLean was withdrawn?

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Just watched it, good win, Fox was fantastic. McCartin is a forward, buy a back man FFS. Blakey needs to stop sucking air when talking, it’s ******* annoying...probably chews with mouth open!

Olian

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
Between the Bridges
AFL Club
Sydney
Re the umpiring, it was bloody ordinary. Not so much what was paid but what they missed. I was at the other end but the goal square free against Mills looked a disgrace.

I admit to being a little hoarse from yelling a bit (yep, I know old men and clouds). I reckon the Bloods crowd was well over half. The crowd figure was posted as over 22,000. I do not believe that for a moment.
Mills was pinged as he didn’t keep the ball in just walked it over. If he doesn’t get penalised for that not sure when they would.

Clarke and Melican were OK. It would have to be be Bell and Jack. Bells done nothing the last fortnight and jacks done nothing the last couple of years.

Bell did some clever things and was better than last week. If he can walk KJ definitely plays.

Mills was pinged as he didn’t keep the ball in just walked it over. If he doesn’t get penalised for that not sure when they would.

Thanks. I thought he was being pressured. Still he did delay disposing the ball.

In all the angst of going into this game without a ruck we forgot the Demons are without an entire team.

To be fair they did have a ruckman and no team.

They really had few effective players beyond Gawn, Oliver, Melksham and Jones the Elder. Had been looking forward to watching Brayshaw but thought he was disappointing.

lol at caesar88 POTY votes. You are not meant to list your favourite players.

From across the Nullabor we could hear you chortling all game, esp about Ollie and 2A.

Well you're wrong there B52. If I was voting for my favourite players I would've included Hewett and Lloyd.

I even said Lloyd was shithouse and I stand by it, still love him

Great performance! Yeah Melbourne were s**t, but we did what good teams should do, which is thrash the s**t side!

Whether we do or don't have a future premiership side among our list at the minute, who knows, but goddamn are we in for a fun next several years watching guys like Heeney, Florent, Dawson, Aliir, Blakey and Rowbottom wearing the Swans jumper.

Last edited:
Back