Autopsy Jared & Jasper's revenge: North v Port, round 22, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Commentators pretty sure the game style was overhauled compared to last week. It certainly appeared so. Would love to find out if that was true because that is a big tick for Shaw.

For all that tonight was just a genuinely fun experience, this is the part I'm most excited about for 2020 and beyond. It's hard to say for sure how different the actual plan was - could just be the result of actually controlling the contest and executing skills better - but in the second half last week, we were leaden, with seemingly our entire plan being to just bomb it to an outnumber and/or loose Geelong player, whereas tonight we were incredibly dynamic, always looking to handball to a loose outside runner and push the ball forward in waves. Maybe it's a different game style, or maybe it's not, but it certainly got the kind of result we'd want, whatever it was. Being able to play like we did tonight one week, and switch to something like the manic pressure of our Collingwood/Richmond wins the next week, makes us far more dangerous than if we stick to one predictable and stale approach at all times. Great win!

Great comeback from last week, good to see them all in and clean possessions and disposal. Pittard played a cracker, Benny and Larkey worked well up front with some solid work from Cam. Midfield improved greatly on last week, thanks to silver service from Goldy. Backline was strong. My only concern is the big hole that Scotty will leave. With a full squad next year all fit 2020 is something to look forward to.

Kern said in his press conference that North did a lot differently to how they had been playing.

I went tonight with such low expectations and they were smashed. So. Much. Fun. The crowd in the last quarter willing Browny on was so great, and when he got it (RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!) the place exploded. The cheers every time Scooter touched the ball or ran to the bench, the constant cheers for Pittard (how good was he? And how often did he and Polec combine?), Ben10 and Jy and Jack and Goldy immense in the contest all night. The only part of the game Port came close to breaking even was in the third when they got a series of frees in the centre to be able to clear it. Could not get it out any other way, the way Goldy owned the ruck contest. Give him however many years he wants btw.

Such a great way to wave goodbye to 2019 and look ahead to 2020 - hope next week is more of the same. * draft order. Belief is more valuable.

Todd Goldstein staking his claim to be the Greatest Living Ruckman.

He's got a fair way to go to beat Gary Dempsey's 40 disposals & 22 marks vs Simon Madden & Crackers Keenan, but tonight's game definitely puts him in contention for the 2nd best effort I have seen from a North ruckman.

Spare a thought for old mate giantroo who will likely have to split the 'all the goals' video into TWO separate videos, such is the likely length of the video...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My daughters first and only game for the year. Going to bring her to every Docklands game next year if she brings that sort of luck.

Lots of fun, heaps of fun...we came out to play alright.

We need to hedge a fund for your and your daughter to travel Australia next year mate

My daughters first and only game for the year. Going to bring her to every Docklands game next year if she brings that sort of luck.

Lots of fun, heaps of fun...we came out to play alright.
I also took my 3rd child to their first game and she thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact, she donned her North gear on from early this morning waiting for today's game . She may very well be a lucky charm.

The flow in our disposal was ridiculous. I have never, in my lifetime going to games, seen North use it as slick as tonight. Hitting targets that were ridiculously difficult to hit.

Pressure was also off the charts.

2019 might be a bad year, but damn watching our speedy half backs move so swiftly with our wingers, geezus. They ran through the middle like crazy! We have a weapon here.

Goldstein just about gained infinite dicks tonight.

Ben Brown gives us a night to remember.

Just... wow. 2019 gives us hope for next year. More so than 2018.

A week is a long time in football.

Shitload of positives, **** all negatives.

Shout out to BBB, Goldy and Cunners mesmerising night of handballing.

Also a shout out to all the North folk who showed up to see Scooter off, turned out a bloody good night at the footy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back