Tool - FEAR INOCULUM

hellboy1975

All Australian
Sep 25, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I've chatted to a couple of record stores now, and it sounds like they're largely being dicked over by the suppliers and/or Sony. I think many of the more local stores are keen to sell this at a reasonable price, but can't get a commitment from suppliers on how many they can get, and what price. I suspect the bigger franchises are just happy to mark up and hope people buy.

If I were in a position where I wanted a copy, but hadn't ordered on yet (I order mine on Amazon) then I'd head to my nearest local record store, actually have a chat with them, and you may well find they will reserve you a copy, and you probably won't have to pay $150 for it.

BIRDBRAIN

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I haven't ordered it, I spent the 150 on headphones instead, sorry Tool. I've bought Aenima about 3 or 4 times, because I kept losing the disc, been to 5 concerts, one of which I couldn't see s**t and never sighted the band, I'll listen to the new album on a free 30 day tidal trial and I'll buy the flacs or whatever it is. I'd like to start collecting the vinyls but I'm not paying $100-$150 for a CD that isn't even the full album.

Cyzzametimbres

Team Captain
Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I haven't ordered it, I spent the 150 on headphones instead, sorry Tool. I've bought Aenima about 3 or 4 times, because I kept losing the disc, been to 5 concerts, one of which I couldn't see s**t and never sighted the band, I'll listen to the new album on a free 30 day tidal trial and I'll buy the flacs or whatever it is. I'd like to start collecting the vinyls but I'm not paying $100-$150 for a CD that isn't even the full album.
I only am because it’s probably their last album and 13 years between the last one and my favourite band. I bought salival when I was in high school for $100 and had to save up for ages to get it. Would’ve been 14 I reckon. Kinda disappointing purchase at the time. It’s a good album but like 3 new tracks and some live songs and a DVD for $100 in 2000 was a bit rich.

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
yeah fair enough, im done with cds but was thinking of making an exception for this crazy s**t. more inclined to wait for vinyl as well prob be cheaper too

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
I only am because it’s probably their last album and 13 years between the last one and my favourite band. I bought salival when I was in high school for $100 and had to save up for ages to get it. Would’ve been 14 I reckon. Kinda disappointing purchase at the time. It’s a good album but like 3 new tracks and some live songs and a DVD for $100 in 2000 was a bit rich.
I remeber getting opiate just after aneima for like 12 bucks then it was retailing for like 30 for ages

Cyzzametimbres

Team Captain
Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I remeber getting opiate just after aneima for like 12 bucks then it was retailing for like 30 for ages
I would’ve bought all the albums a few times over at least. Used to have an undertow album with a live disc which was pretty good. Had a couple demos on it as well.

Badesumofu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger Federer
I'm buying the LE because it sounds cool and I love Tool. If it was just a regular CD in a jewel case or whatever I'd skip it since I'm more than happy listening to it digitally. In that situation I'd probably buy a HQ 24 bit FLAC version at some point, but I'm hoping the download voucher thing that comes with the CD will allow me to download HQ versions. I mean for the price it wouldn't be too much to ask that they just include a thumbdrive with master quality FLACs in the package.

Well anyway. Just a matter of waiting now and making sure I don't forget to call in sick on the 30th.

Badesumofu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger Federer
So whats the go?
Are they releasing it online for a decent price?
Info seems hard to come by

It'll be on all the streaming sites and iTunes. I expect there will be a standard CD release at some point, but not initially. You'll be able to listen to it on Aug 30th (exactly when IDK, may well be mid afternoon here on the 30th) legitimately without buying the limited edition CD.

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks

hellboy1975

All Australian
Sep 25, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
So whats the go?
Are they releasing it online for a decent price?
Info seems hard to come by
Interesting news today with a local record store saying Sony has banned international imports of the album, and forcing them to order dircetly from Sony Australia at the much inflated price we see at JB Hifi et al. Sad to hear that not even Tool albums are immune from Aussie tax. Given the much lower price in the US, there's really no justification for prices over $100, let alone $150.

Interesting news today with a local record store saying Sony has banned international imports of the album, and forcing them to order dircetly from Sony Australia at the much inflated price we see at JB Hifi et al. Sad to hear that not even Tool albums are immune from Aussie tax. Given the much lower price in the US, there's really no justification for prices over $100, let alone $150.
$150 just for the album?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Badesumofu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger Federer
Someone in a warehouse or something got took a photo of the physical edition. Seems the only physical edition available at release will be the LE with the 4" HD screen and so forth. They were selling for $140 at JB online but they have sold out. I'm both happy and just a little bit ashamed to say I did order one before they sold out. I expect I'll be glad to have it in the end.

Here's the photo anyway:

Suppose this means there is some chance of a leak from this point on.

Yep, reportedly Sony Australia are charging $130 for it via their suppliers, and have banned importers from shipping it when record stores tried to get it at a cheaper price.

Given that it's around $40-45 in the US, it's pretty s**tty.
that is ****ed.

No way am I droping that kind of money on an album out of pure principle

been to 5 concerts, one of which I couldn't see s**t and never sighted the band
Shittest thing about tool.**

May as well stay home and listen to the albums with Windows media player visualizations on a screen.

**apart from the number of w***ers who think they’re highly enlightened for listening to them.

Badesumofu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger Federer

Now someone has it out there rather just a photo from a warehouse.

Regardless, with the way album releases are done now we should have 12:01 AM on Friday which is only 4 days and 8 hours.

Just as a warning, that subreddit is pretty cringe.

Last edited:
Back