Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion vs. Essendon (R23, Fri 23/08 7:50pm MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Others have said it. Mayne has experience and a good history. Exactly the sort of player you want to carry into a finals campaign. Hate to see him dropped now.
Experience and history doesn't really compare with current form. His disposal is poor putting players under pressure by handballing to them whilst they are hotter than he is. His kick in the pocket and for goal in the last quarter were terrible. If that was a younger player some would be calling for him to be dropped.
You most likely are right in that he won't be dropped but should be and I would hate to see Brown dropped and he stays.

We have three (maybe 4 with Wells) coming in so three from today have to go out. I think he should be in the mix.

Sen:
Crisp Roughead Greenwood
Howe Scharenberg Maynard

Grundy Treloar Pendlebury
Adams Phillips Sidebottom

Varcoe Mihocek WHE
Thomas Moore Elliott

Int:
Wills Brown Mayne Noble

Emer:
T Brown Daicos Crocker Madgen

Next Week:
De Goey Stephenson Aish Wells

What’s the scenarios with win/loss and finishing 4th or out of top 4? Who do we play and where 1st week of finals?

Well, this is it. After this evening's win against Adelaide, we need to beat Essendon to remain in the hunt for top 4. It's worth remembering that we actually had to beat Fremantle in Perth in the last round last year to finish top 4, which actually went right down to the wire! Obviously we still need Richmond to lose tomorrow against WCE and/or next week against Brisbane.

With no VFL this weekend it's hard to pick anyone on form that missed out on the Adelaide game. That said, you'd hope the following will be in contention, pending injury updates: Jordan DeGoey, Darcy Moore & Tyler Brown.

On form you could mount a case for T Brown but I can't see him debuting this late a fortnight out before finals, unless we can foresee a Jack Graham/Jaryd Blair type scenario on the horizon. Gut feel based on training reports (thanks Jen, Apples and others!) is that Moore will play and DeGoey will be out for another game.

Madgen wasn't too bad today but you'd have to say he's the first out in our backline.

Thus, selection as follows:

IN: Moore
OUT: Madgen

Roughead back. Moore forward.

A lot of pressure on spots this week with DeGoey and Stephenson hopefully both coming back for the first final. A good problem to have. I think Wills keeps his spot until DeGoey kicks him out. The other one under the most pressure with Stephenson coming back would have to be Josh Thomas, whom wasn't too bad today.

I think Brown is the one in danger. Played well today but doesnt hit the scoreboard.

Fair dinkum, Bombers just sewed up finals. Our first final is legitimately this Friday night. Probably fourth vs seventh, definitely get eighty thousand rocking the G. We come out and use it as an exercise to get in that finals zone, tolerate the pressure and bring the biff ourselves, and polish off the very few negatives from today's game, and we will be within a bull's roar of giving this year a good shake. Plus, it keeps me in a job now with more Victorian teams making it. Hopefully Doggies sneak in too, Richmond finishes fifth, and it'll be another blockbuster week one.

No change. Bring the same attitude we did for the first half Anzac Day, and then carry it on for four quarters. Seal up that double chance ladies and gentlemen!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No change for mine. Don't see them risking JDG or Moore now, and Wells won't come straight back in I feel

If JDG and Moore are good to go they have to come in.
Feel sorry for who makes way because after that team performance they all deserve to hold their spots.

De Goey won’t be ready. Moore for Madgen, that’s the only necessary change

Don’t think JDG is ready.
Moore ready, but is he on ice until the finals?
I'd rather test Moore before the finals, personally.
Has already had two full weeks of training - get him in for one before the bye.

Don't think JDG is close yet, going by his half-pace training during the week.

Will also be interesting to see who plays VFL this week... will Aish play too?

If JDG and Moore are ready to go they come straight in.

Otherwise pretty much no change.
As per Bucks, Moore a chance but JDG unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back