Player Watch #12: Jy Simpkin - 2021 & 2022 Syd Barker Medalist - 2023 co captain with LMac - re-signed until end of 2029

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Hi all (for those that haven't seen the thread),

Some here will be aware of some "cross-pollination" with another team forum yesterday and while some rectification has been made we've been asked by the powers that be to again remind posters of their responsibilities when posting elsewhere. Each board has its own methods and tolerances on BigFooty however these all revolve around the rules of the forum (Terms and rules).

The fact is when incidences like these come up there is no onus on opposition posters to agree, some may taunt and troll but they have the safety of their own forum to do that. When we head that way to fight them there is no protection and no security for your own posting. You post there at your own risk, just like they do on the North board.

This is not to say that all posting on opposition forums by their posters is acceptable. If you see something that you think is against the rules of the website then please report it and don't respond on their forum. If you wish to escalate something then there are avenues to achieve this as well, in the link above.

The North Melbourne BigFooty board is as tribal as it gets. It's not been a pretty few years but as things start to look positive it's best we all enjoy this together and don't drop silly numbers by fighting the wrong way.

Cheers

The Filth Wizard Twinkletoes King Corey Flawed Genius

I haven't posted much for the past few weeks, just wanted to say that Simpkin has been sensational, making people like myself who suggested he may be a 'bust' look like idiots.

Yep, I put my hand up, I'll cop my fair whack, I thought he might be a bust, and I said as much, earlier in the season.

Sometimes we get things wrong. I think I got this one wrong. I hope so, anyway, and some of the evidence lately certainly suggests as much.

I just watched the last quarter for the first time since being at Marvel. I cannot fathom how we managed to lose it after we took the lead with eight minutes to go. We had them on toast. You could have knocked them down with a feather. We stopped hunting them and allowed them to hunt us instead, which was ludicrous.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
48415BC9-57E5-4E6B-9DCE-94D50139D35E.jpeg

Anyone else rate him as having the potential to captain us at some point?
Definitely has the potential. As he said, consistency is the key. I think Browny would be next, followed by a LDU/Simpkin type.

His game got lost amongst all the dazzle tonight.

Was very good.

His best game start to finish IMO. Good inside, neat steps, a few big tackles and he worked really hard to run to make space and connections for teammates, something I've not noticed as much before with him. Continues to improve, clearly pays attention during reviews and pushes to get the best out of himself. Great signs.

His best game start to finish IMO. Good inside, neat steps, a few big tackles and he worked really hard to run to make space and connections for teammates, something I've not noticed as much before with him. Continues to improve, clearly pays attention during reviews and pushes to get the best out of himself. Great signs.
Working on his strength and spread (fitness) should be his preseason priority. Is coming along nicely.

He worked his arse off and it really stood out.

He worked his arse off and it really stood out.

He was like Polec last night with this. Really noticeable. Very happy with his game. Great all round mid game.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Really liked Jy's game last night. He showed some sublime skills, and improved on his great recent form (cat game excepted). Jy really moved the ball last night, stole his way through contests. Showed us what we wanted to see!

Last edited:
Back