Autopsy Jared & Jasper's revenge: North v Port, round 22, 2019

Aside from any other reason, this would validate the decision to play Geelong home finals at the MCG... because it's a football final and it's supposed to be an exhibition of the highest standards of football.

& it f***s over Geelong.

Win win

AFDogs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thanks North. Given us a slither of hope.

1502267123_kendall-jenner-thank-you.gif

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Has anyone else thought about Kane Cores? I remember how smug he was comparing our lists after they beat us under Scott. Gold

Thought enough about it to have the T.V. on and tuned in to his program.

ESPECIALLY looking forward to this:

SlyCunnington

Team Captain
Jun 20, 2010
Downtown
AFL Club
North Melbourne
All Cornes will do is heap a truckload of crap on Port and the team that did the demolition will be nothing more than a footnote.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
All Cornes will do is heap a truckload of crap on Port and the team that did the demolition will be nothing more than a footnote.
The massive bag of dicks that old mate Kane had to chug last night is enough for me.

It was even sweeter that he had to do the half time review at the ground. Looked and sounded like a kicked campaigner.

Had a bad run with the footy lately, had the girlfriend's birthday so I had to give it a miss.

Kept an eye of the scoreline all night and couldn't believe it. Did any player have under 30 touches? * I can't wait to sit back and watch this one today.

Sad to say, but after the game tonight, and Shaw's presser, I think Wood has played his last game for us.
I've thought about this myself and have to agree. After watching copious interviews about the excitement of our list, especially around our forward line, not once did I hear him mentioned. Shaw, Brown, Larkey all spoke about the strong forward line, Brown spoke about his connection with Larkey and the fact that there were now more options with Zurhaar, Thomas etc. Not once did ANY of them mention Wood.

Either they deliberately had been instructed not to mention him (naaahhh no), or more likely they collectively have such a disconnect with him that they don't regard him as one of their brothers. Perhaps, out of mind, out of sight after a night of such euphoria.

Mason can be prone to a bit of ego, and I don't see that as a bad thing. Perhaps the coaches see a bit differently. Personally I love him and feel he's had his best year. Being the only player dropped after last week does not bode well for Mason however.

On a different note however..

WHAT A F****** INCREDIBLE GAME AND SPECTACLE!!!!

I feel so privileged to have witnessed last night. After last week I couldn't remember feeling so deeply gutted (actually yes I can). As a supporter the absolute life had been sucked out of me and couldn't even contemplate the idea of fronting up again. Of course I did turn up, as I'll always bleed the blue and white, and thank god I did.

Can't begin to express how ecstatic every moment was last night. The skill, the speed, the vision and the euphoria.

Brown already one of the greats for our club and still so young. So happy for him. Cunnington's vision to hit those 20 metre handballs centimetre perfect to players on the run, incredible. Goldy, perhaps his best game for the club, imperious. Scotty's last game in Melbourne. I was only 30 metres from the player's race, so had the honour and pleasure to applaud him off the ground as he turned to his adoring fans with a wink and a smile. What an absolute warrior and legend for our club. Too many other players to mention but needed to single out those four.

I feel like our list is truly building after the last 10 weeks. Yes there have been two shockers. West Coast and Geelong (cannot ever forget that one).
Still a few more pieces to complete the puzzle but Shawy is taking us on a ride that is upwards and onwards. Exciting times.

lockheed

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2005
Night Vale
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Commentators pretty sure the game style was overhauled compared to last week. It certainly appeared so. Would love to find out if that was true because that is a big tick for Shaw.
You could see it was very different, and much less predictable, simply by watching the match.

A huge tick for Shaw and the coaching team, for learning and changing the game style so quickly and effectively, and for the entire team for executing it so well.

Back