Review Round 22 2019 vs North - the great humiliation

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The lack of leadership again was infuriating.

Only 3 players stood up in that first quarter - Amon, Houston, Boak.

Wines 2 touches to 1/4 time whilst their entire starting midfield all have 10 each. Rockliff nowhere. Westhoff getting thrashed by Nick Larkey. Jonas falling over. Dixon nowhere. Burton nowhere.

DBJ with the most confusing performance i think ive ever seen. When i saw he had 1 handball to 3/4 time i figured he got injured 5 minutes in. Then i saw he was 85% game time. What the fu**. How is that level of incompetence possible?

The fact this happens every 3 weeks like clockwork does my head in. I cant explain it, or why the board has put up with it for so long. 7th game this year by my count that its been all over at 1/4 time. How is that acceptable
Agree with this but Westy did save us a few goals in the opening minutes at least.
Guess I’ll have a listen to Timmy G at 11, but even though he might be spewing during the games, he usually has his more moderate hat on in the Sunday show.
Still, maybe he will be pushed over the edge this time.
Tredders will be interesting listening this week though.

Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Win that game and we just about play finals. Draw or lose by less than 80 and we are still in the eight. Crows were smashed. We were playing a side who scored one goal last week. Ryder, SPP, etc are playing for their careers. We knew North would respond.

Now the side managed to achieve the embarrassment of the fans, jumper and club yet again. We did the one thing that cost us finals. We helped an opposition player kick 10 goals (something that no North player has done since Carey) and win the Coleman. We helped a solid but on the decline ruckman play his greatest game ever.

This team and club are pathetic. We are a joke. Irrelevant. Making up the numbers. And we are not worth the time or passion of the members.

Harlott

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm still reeling from last night. I don't know why this game has really affected me. Maybe it was the flicker of hope of the past two weeks being snuffed out by annihilation. The fact we were in pole position to reach the finals and didn't have the mindset and motivation to take advantage. Then the surrender with no leadership from anyone. Not one player delivered the leadership required to suggest hey let's take something from this. And I'll tell you one thing. If the coach and the players all continually say they're not sure why they keep having erratic performances then the coach has to go. It's really as simple as that.

I'm still reeling from last night. I don't know why this game has really affected me. Maybe it was the flicker of hope of the past two weeks being snuffed out by annihilation. The fact we were in pole position to reach the finals and didn't have the mindset and motivation to take advantage. Then the surrender with no leadership from anyone. Not one player delivered the leadership required to suggest hey let's take something from this.

Just a guess, but it might be something to do with the fact that all we had to do to retain a spot in the 8 was not lose to a bottom 6 side with nothing to play for by 86 points, but apparently that was too much to ask?

It's a tough league and someone's got to lose I guess.

Someone's got to lose to a bottom 6 side by 86 points, we don't want to overreact to one loss.

Don't want to pick on a young kid and it's really just an observation but I didnt see Butters until the third quarter. I legitimately at half time thought he must have been a late withdrawal again. Then I saw he had a few stats.

He is a special talent but should have been back in the sanfl weeks ago. It's like Ken wants us all to see he is 'playing the kids'

B0ydmental

It used to hurt
Sep 18, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dear Keith
As I stood amongst friends watching 6 bands entertain me for $15, each giving it their absolute all, leaving nothing on the stage other than their sweat blood and tears, performed for their 50 fans and a $50 paycheck, my mind was drawn to recall that the game had started and so as I pulled out my phone to look at the score, and saw with my own eyes that we were down 80 points to 21, it was at that moment as I listen to the thrash metal band Atomic Death Squad deconstructing into a technical death metal solo, it was at that point that a tear was found to have fallen from my bitter, old eye.

Yes. On reflection I believe I was experiencing the greatest moment of the year.

Thank you Ken and the players for removing all confusion from everybodies mind.

Call me a traitor, but personally every time I pulled down on my screen to refresh the score, it just got better and better

What a night 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As has been mentioned numerous times Charlie Dixon's inability to time a lead, or the trajectory of the ball, resulting in him being too far under it is extremely frustrating to watch.
He either has SFA hand/eye co-ordination, which shouldn't be the case with a so called elite athlete, or an actual physical problem with his eyesight.
If it's the latter and the campaigners at the club have done nothing to correct it, the mind boggles.

Lol we trashed north at AO earlier in the year and Polec and Pittard played like trash.

Reverse it and add a shitload of chilli and we get today's result.

A perfect anachronism of the Hinkley era. Do it easy not but a few weeks ago, then trip over your own shoelaces and break your face the next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't want to pick on a young kid and it's really just an observation but I didnt see Butters until the third quarter. I legitimately at half time thought he must have been a late withdrawal again. Then I saw he had a few stats.

He is a special talent but should have been back in the sanfl weeks ago. It's like Ken wants us all to see he is 'playing the kids'

We were smashed so comprehensively in the midfield that it's a miracle any flanker and outside player was noticed last night. Huge props to Amon and Houston for being noticable for most of the game.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
I was at a party during the game and didn't watch it, just followed the scores. For once I have absolute no intention of catching a replay.

Lol

20190818_112241.jpg

Power Girl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm still reeling from last night. I don't know why this game has really affected me. Maybe it was the flicker of hope of the past two weeks being snuffed out by annihilation. The fact we were in pole position to reach the finals and didn't have the mindset and motivation to take advantage. Then the surrender with no leadership from anyone. Not one player delivered the leadership required to suggest hey let's take something from this. And I'll tell you one thing. If the coach and the players all continually say they're not sure why they keep having erratic performances then the coach has to go. It's really as simple as that.
I think it was because we didn’t even have to win to stay in the 8. We just needed to not get flogged.

So challenge accepted we make everything as difficult as it can be.

But Koch said finals was a pass mark. So Ken you have FAILED again

Pedro59

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2007
northern rivers NSW
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Shows how little coaching matters IMO.

North hunted the ball the most I’ve seen any team, and our players completely gave up every time.

Sacking the coach is fine, but gameplan is clearly not relevant to that performance for either side.
Correct
Gee Roos gameplan and coaching massively improved in 6 days

It really is more mental isn’t it?
Momentum is the other important ‘M’ word

I think mental though is aided by
true leaders who ALWAYS lead by example and try and swing momentum back.
Even if a teams performance is down the leaders shoudn’t be

Robbie4PM

All Australian
May 18, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
As has been mentioned numerous times Charlie Dixon's inability to time a lead, or the trajectory of the ball, resulting in him being too far under it is extremely frustrating to watch.
He either has SFA hand/eye co-ordination, which shouldn't be the case with a so called elite athlete, or an actual physical problem with his eyesight.
If it's the latter and the campaigners at the club have done nothing to correct it, the mind boggles.
its actually ridiculous how far he runs under it sometimes.

Sewer de Lance

Premiership Player
Feb 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Jamaica Bob Sled FC
Time to find the sharpest sickle known to man, & start the cull in earnest.

Only the remaining delusional fringe element of supporters would still support Ken. The majority with an average IQ above room temperature know his position is no longer tenable. Either does the honourable thing and falls on his sword, or gets to the home game 3 hours earlier then normal to help tie down the tarps.

The only thing Co-Captaincy has managed to produce is to sow division & weakness throughout the club. The average Mum & Dad supporter called bullshit right from the beginning, yet the board in all its arrogance said we know better & pissed all over a proud 150 year tradition. What a bunch of pompous, progressive leaning, useless muppets.

As for the Captains themselves, they aren’t even qualified to lead an Italian tank division, let alone a footy club. The laughable Wines wake boarding incident, & Tom ‘Redlegs’ Jonas’s endorsement of it says it all really. Two average footballers, nothing more.

Unfortunately, Rocky is an overrated cooked seagull whose best weapons are dinky 20-30 metre of nothingness. Lions 1, Port 0.

The Hoff & SGray are now just stifling the development others. Hoff has been brilliant at times, but also inconsistent & mentally soft throughout his career. SGray is such a disappointment, turns up against the minnows but just crumbles & disappears against better opposition.

Bonner has some decent AFL weapons, but is a marshmallow at heart. Lacks urgency & awareness when it matters...trade.

Feel for Robbie & Trav. At times they have been the only two standing between current mediocrity & Suns level performances. Unfortunately, the modern game is quickly catching up with Robbie, but his individual smarts & brilliance still make him a must inclusion each week.

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Would be nice if we had a high quality 2m tall key defender with closing speed to shut down brown.

Oh that’s right, our best defender is playing SANFL.
I posted mid week "Dooogs on Brown to nullify him". Of course it wasn't the reason we lost and a small time keyboard warrior
like me has no standing in thinking about players positions tactics or questioning our Club and the direction we're going in.
Pay up show up and shut up is the dog whistle I hear. Dunno for how long i'll be listening.
To Michaelangelo Rucci if your reading this, last night's result was all on me mate. Like the club's finances I take full responsibility
for where we are. Oh and btw Ollie and Ken were just brie ant in their after match chitty chats.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back