Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
You mustn’t have watched us play much this year then, that was easily one of our sloppier performances this year. Our run and carry game was well below the standard we have delivered this year. Probably put more out of bounds on the full yesterday than the rest of the season combined.

We scrapped that one out at best.

FWIW I think supporters of every team we have knocked off this year have pulled out the “Lions just played their grand final” card.

It’s one of the more salty ways to handle a loss. I’m still laughing at the Melbourne supporters who said it when we beat them in the JLT series. LMAO.

Next!
Gold Coast supporters pulled the GF card? Cool.

Nov 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
You mustn’t have watched us play much this year then, that was easily one of our sloppier performances this year. Our run and carry game was well below the standard we have delivered this year. Probably put more out of bounds on the full yesterday than the rest of the season combined.

We scrapped that one out at best.

FWIW I think supporters of every team we have knocked off this year have pulled out the “Lions just played their grand final” card.

It’s one of the more salty ways to handle a loss. I’m still laughing at the Melbourne supporters who said it when we beat them in the JLT series. LMAO.

Next!
Yet we got within a point.

There were a lot of out on the fulls yesterday due to the pressure from both sides, more so from Brisbane.

The way Brisbane carried on after the game, coach et al was like they had won a final; It meant a lot to them, hence the GF comment. Not salty at all, just a fact.

With regards to your comment about the lack of effort over the last couple of months, what would you have instructed? An all out assault at an August premiership?

Some people that post a lot here repeatedly fail to see the bigger picture. I guess that will come with age and wisdom ;)

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lol- nope-it actually wasn’t- you are just seeing what you want to see. In anycase, why get so bothered by an opposition coach? Who cares?

Haven't seen it and have no opinion but Jason is not alone, quite a few Lions fans got the same impression from the press interview.

Haven't seen it and have no opinion but Jason is not alone, quite a few Lions fans got the same impression from the press interview.

Most opposition supporters will agree, it's just Geelong supporters failing to remove their Geelong goggles and not seeing the forest from the trees

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Probably because quite a few West Coast supporters have infested and polluted every Lions match thread over the last few weeks with suggestions that every free kick we get is some joint conspiracy involving the CIA, the Illuminati, the Bilderberg group and the Elders of Zion.

It’s been pathetic and amusing in equal measure.

You forgot these guys

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
"It was their GF."

lmao every team has said that after we beat them this year. Melbourne in the pre-season, West Coast in Round 1, GWS in Sydney, Port in Adelaide etc;

Might want to get those excuses ready for another straight sets exit.

Winners are grinners. If the result had gone the other way, it would have been similarly dismissed as Geelong's GF.

If both teams bring that into September they won't be far off. I reckon you'd be going OK if you had a dollar for every big win over the past three seasons by the eventual premier has been written off as 'that was their GF'.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Maybe don’t listen to him if it’s going to get you feeling insecure? I’d actually have thought life is too short to listen to the pressers of opposition coaches
It was a great contest. Your team is playing terrific footy and you have a fabulous coach-why not just enjoy that.
Oh I'm enjoying it particularly after such a long long dry spell, no need for you to worry about me being insecure. I'm retired, I keep myself relatively busy with my idyllic lifestyle but I also have plenty of time to indulge my love of AFL and the Lions, Big Footy is a great outlet for that which is why I am on here.

I think you need to enjoy the Cats magnificent decade+ long period of excellence and not worry about what a random footy nuffie(me) has to say about your coaches presser on an online footy forum.

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Yep, but that’s not surprising.
Scott is a combative chap-he isn’t going to give ground. He isn’t going to say the lions were fantastic and too good today. Partly because it’s not true of that game. Both teams played pretty good footy and both teams made plenty of mistakes and either team could have won. Some of your supporters are looking for more praise from Scott, but he mostly concentrates on Geelong.
He spoke pretty accurately -I thought he was wrong, not necessarily arrogant, when he said Cameron wasn’t the difference. Given that he was your only forward who did ok, then his 5 goals were clearly of significance. So not sure what he meant really-but even then he asked the media if that’s how they saw it.

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Oh I'm enjoying it particularly after such a long long dry spell, no need for you to worry about me being insecure. I'm retired, I keep myself relatively busy with my idyllic lifestyle but I also have plenty of time to indulge my love of AFL and the Lions, Big Footy is a great outlet for that which is why I am on here.

I think you need to enjoy the Cats magnificent decade+ long period of excellence and not worry about what a random footy nuffie(me) has to say about your coaches presser on an online footy forum.

Haha exactly. I just like accuracy Jason.
Anyway, best of luck in the finals -who knows.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
FWIW I just got back home and I turned on SEN and the 1st thing I heard was them talking about the Chris Scott presser, I think it was Dal Santo said he thought Scott came across as "sarcastic" when answering the question re Charlie Cameron's influence on the game.

Dec 7, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I like how this year we have won games ugly.Still won though.
On ABC Outsiders it was mentioned Chris Scott’s unfortunate words yesterday..
It is what it is.
Still luv both Scott brothers, wonder if they may be heading over to SA to replace those shocking coaches?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
FWIW I just got back home and I turned on SEN and the 1st thing I heard was them talking about the Chris Scott presser, I think it was Dal Santo said he thought Scott came across as "sarcastic" when answering the question re Charlie Cameron's influence on the game.
That’s really the only thing I found weird in his presser- it didn’t make sense-not sure why he would say it. What’s the point? Dumb.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
So I listened to that presser and not once did Scott refer to your apparent easy draw.
I had another listen to his presser, I couldn't hear what the question was but from the answer it must have been about the fixture and us playing them, it was about 2 or so minutes from the start.

"Good for them that they can compete against good teams, their draw hasn't given them that opportunity."

Particularly the bolded comes across as pretty condescending, as well as derogatory to the sides we have beaten this year eg. Eagles easily(albeit round 1), since the bye- 9 straight wins including- Giants/Hawks/Power away from home, Bulldogs/Kangaroos both recently while they were in really good form.

Oh yes he did.
Nup, sorry mate. You're dreamin' it. I watched the whole presser and not once did he reference your fixture.

He talked about Cockatoo and other injured players at the start.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
With regards to your comment about the lack of effort over the last couple of months, what would you have instructed? An all out assault at an August premiership?

What comment about “lack of effort”? Are you talking to the wrong guy?

Some people that post a lot here repeatedly fail to see the bigger picture. I guess that will come with age and wisdom ;)

Child please. I watched my team win threepeats while you vicariously imagined what a premiership was like while watching geriatrics like Bobby Davis reminiscing on Grumpy Old Men on Fox Footy 1.0.

Nov 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
What comment about “lack of effort”? Are you talking to the wrong guy?

Child please. I watched my team win threepeats while you vicariously imagined what a premiership was like while watching geriatrics like Bobby Davis reminiscing on Grumpy Old Men on Fox Footy 1.0.

Yep wrong guy, assumed I was talking to the Geelong guy that responded to me but infact you just weighed in coz you were butt'hurt about my comment haha.

We will see what your mob are made of when the real season begins.

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yep wrong guy, assumed I was talking to the Geelong guy that responded to me but infact you just weighed in coz you were butt'hurt about my comment haha.

We will see what your mob are made of when the real season begins.

Oh come on, your mob has failed spectacularly in the "real season" in recent times. We will see if it changes this year.

Back