Review Round 22 2019 vs North - the great humiliation

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think it was because we didn’t even have to win to stay in the 8. We just needed to not get flogged.

So challenge accepted we make everything as difficult as it can be.

But Koch said finals was a pass mark. So Ken you have FAILED again
Media saying that depending on how things go, we will know by our game on Sunday how much we will need to win by to make finals.
So our team will instead ensure they know how much we need to lose by to miss finals,.
...expectations and this teams don’t work.

Hinkley is your Brad Scott.

You have one of the oldest proudest cultures in the history of the bloody game.

If Hinkley sees that as some sort of hindrance to whatever it is his idea of a Port team is, then piss him off (sounds like I'm not the first to have that idea).

Reading posts here is like reading the North board early this year, especially the comments about the coach being a fraud, certain imposter players, blokes being dropped and then their position being savagely exposed.

You're waaaay better than what happened last night.

Sooner or later you rip the band aid off. We may be $800k down our soft cap next year coz of giving the snake oil merchant Scott the arse - another term used about Hinkley - but it will worth every cent.

Scott questioned the value of the Shinboner brand. Shaw embraces the history.

You'll be right thereabouts when you get rid of Hinkley and get someone in who knows what a magical gift to a coach the Port Adelaide culture is.

Ken was playing ping pong with DBJ not long before the bounce.

It really is no wonder why we come out unfocused. Our club is always too busy trying to get players minds off football because "muh water skiing" that we come out and have zero focus on the game because football is a chore I'd rather be pingponging.

DBJ worst on ground.

Windy Cindy

Premiership Player
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Ken was playing ping pong with DBJ not long before the bounce.

It really is no wonder why we come out unfocused. Our club is always too busy trying to get players minds off football because "muh water skiing" that we come out and have zero focus on the game because football is a chore I'd rather be pingponging.

DBJ worst on ground.
I could be wrong but was he tagged by turner?

Might be the first time he has been tagged and didn’t handle it well

Since we were 11-4 we've gone 11-17. But yeah, Superman.

And six of those wins have been against bottom-5 teams.

We are amidst a gigantic disaster and this is before we consider the regression of Wines and the albatross contracts of Rockliff, Motlop and Lycett(?!).

Hinkley and Brad Scott are polar opposites. Brad Scott overachieved with a poor list for virtually his entire decade-long tenure at Arden St, even made several prelims. Hinkley has turned one of the AFL’s most talented lists and reduced it to rubble.

I'm aware I'm on your board so will tread carefully but that "poor list" Brad had and got to prelims took you to the cleaners last night - Ziebell, Cunnington, Goldy and Brown the prime movers.

The poor list line was more Brad snake oil ... he needed gun big names, he needed to go to the draft again he reckoned early this year.

Him and Hinkley are peas in a pod.

King_Tredrea

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2007
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dubs, Bills, Chelsea FC
I'm aware I'm on your board so will tread carefully but that "poor list" Brad had and got to prelims took you to the cleaners last night - Ziebell, Cunnington, Goldy and Brown the prime movers.

The poor list line was more Brad snake oil ... he needed gun big names, he needed to go to the draft again he reckoned early this year.

Mate no offense but you could replace those 4 with literally anyone and the result would have been the same last night.

Palpatine_Power

13 In A Row Participation Certificate 2023
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can anyone in here definitavely explain the tactics why we lost the clearances?

If we had won them we would have won?

Why was this midfield 'situation ' allowed to continue?

We played Ryder who is beyond cooked. Hopefully some announcements this week for farewell games on Sunday

Palpatine_Power

13 In A Row Participation Certificate 2023
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I’m certainly not convinced our list is much chop, most of it is dregs from other clubs

I’m certainly not convinced our list is much chop, most of it is dregs from other clubs

You would have done a lot better sending Sutcliffe to hang off Cunnington at every stoppage than having Rockliff there

Gold Coast's NEAFL side would've taken us to the cleaners last night.

Last edited:
Back