Lycett Powell Pepper Boak

Dixon Atley Ladhams Garner

Captain Houston

Adds76

Debutant
Aug 1, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I agree houston looks like our next captain. Wines will be the captain on his own for a couple years, and houston should replace him, by that time with our good young players a few years older, im sure we will fight for top 4 and flags

Sewer de Lance

Premiership Player
Feb 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Jamaica Bob Sled FC
There are some players that need to be moved on, or retired, that’s a given. However, Carlton is a perfect example of the positive influence a good coach can have in the development & output of a player.

There is no way known Wines, SPP, Jonas, Hartlett, Howard etc are that bad. They are capable of so much more & would all benefit from a competent coach, unlike the used car sales man we currently have.

Jun 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Any chance we can get Blight in to do the job for us? Hinkley only has 1 delist in mind and we all know that's Billy.

Hinkleys underperforming mates are here to stay.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Blight is a crackpot who fluked two flags.

klem22

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2008
mt gambier
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Am I right in saying Rockliff has 2 more years on his contract? FMD. I have NEVER rated him. All these Supercoachers telling me what a gun he was. Stat padding plodder....on $700k for 2 more ******* years. Motlop and him. fu** Hinkley but these 2 list cloggers with big contracts in both time and money are on Davies.

This is what i call fraudulent transactions. Completely disgraceful.

klem22

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2008
mt gambier
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
All bets are off farken.

Robbie and Trav are the only vets I'd keep. But if they wanted to chase a flag and play finals footy in their twilight years, I wouldn't begrudge them. I'd make it happen.

The rest can all gagf. But we won't get sweet fa for most of them. So we're probably stuck with them.

Ollie would have the most currency. And if CD could work a sweet deal, I'd trade him in a heartbeat. But his stock would be at an all-time low.

Hand the keys to this busted sh!tbox over to X, Zak, Connor & co. ...

R Gray is on the decline i expect T Boak to follow him.
Keeping them both = OK but you use them as pinch hitters watching R Gray trying to take this team forward is painful. He has been a good player over the years but placing to much on him makes him brittle imo.

Northalives

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2005
Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
Is not grays fault.. He has played his part.
Drop any individual great of the club into this era of ports and they wouldn't have the finals success. Put Robbie in any port adelaide era, he would still be a great of the club.
Please don't jump on people's throats for suggesting that such and such a player although brilliant at times, shouldn't be off limits when it comes to criticism and most of the time, when people do criticise, it is from a constructive view point, that is, people have a go because they feel that the player or players should do better - it's not a personal dig at the player(s) "just because".

We are suffering in a period where we have been very unsuccessful and the reason for that lack of success, has been because we have dropped our standards and we have ignored things or brushed over certain faults because of what a player or players have done on occasions that have blown our minds. This has lead to these players being largely quarantined from criticism let alone being disciplined for unacceptable performances.

No player should be immune to have demands for improvement placed upon them.

Work Hardery

All Australian
Jul 28, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Blight is on record as being a fan of what Hinkley has done this year,
Blight's coaching record is terribly overrated. If it weren't for a flawed finals system and inaccurate Norf Melbourne, his coaching abilities would barely get a mention in this state.

Also, Blight is just one of many pro-Crows media figures who love Ken Hinkley. Stephen Rowe, Kym Dillon and Wildy amongst others.

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd get what I can for
rockliff
Wines
Ryder
SGray
Motlop
Atley

Delist
Broadbent
Johnson
hewett
Sutcliffe
Trengove
mckenzie

Can't clear them all out
I'd give hartlett westhoff jonas mayes and watts one more year
Robbie and boak year by year from now
Keep spp now without wines and rocky.

FPPF

Premiership Player
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The biggest issue I have with moving on Wingard & Polec is we were sorta sold that they were a big part of the soft underbelly and attitude problem.. yet here we are again.

The question of why we lost Wingard still hasnt been asked because most still cant accept or comprehend this clubs culture is stuffed.

And I dont mean lost as in traded to the Hawks. We lost him before the trade.

MrPlow

Club Legend
Oct 25, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Westhoff - He’s past it. Being played as a tall defender when the younger, stronger, Howard sits in the SANFL.

Rockcliff - Seriously cooked. Body of a 40 year old. Offload his 2 year contract to anyone dumb enough to take it.

Ryder - Lycett, Ladhams and Hayes have the ruck covered. Get what we can for a trade.

Broadbent - Body’s given up.

Wines - Stagnated since 2014. Too big, too slow, too unskilful. Not a leader.

McKenzie - Wasn’t good enough for the Suns, certainly isn’t good enough for us

Sutcliffe & Johnson - No comment needed.

Trengove & Mayes - Why have them if we don’t play them?

S Gray can sit in the SANFL and come in when needed. Same as Hartlett - I’ve said so many times, he can’t sprint and is a liability in quick oppo plays.

Chachi

Premiership Player
Jan 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fu** No
Locks to stay; Robbie, Boak, Lycett, Burton, Duursma, Hayes, Rozee, Butters, Drew, Howard, Clurey, DBJ, Marshall, Ladhams, Amon, Garner, Patmore, Lienert, Woodcock and Jonas.

Hope we can extend Frampton and Farrell. Persist with Grundy, Cox, Frederick and Pudney.

We're stuck with Rockliff unless we can convince the Suns to take over his contract. Can't see any other club going for him. Ditto Motlop/Watts.

We would have to listen to offers for Ollie but realistically where unlikely to trade a Captain. Similar for Dixon if we believe in Marshall, Howard and/or Frampton.

Trade Ryder, Bonner, Atley and Sam Gray.

Thanks for their efforts but time has come for McKenzie, Trengove, Johnson, Mayes, Hewett, Broadbent and Sutcliffe.

SPP has upside and I'd like to see him stay. Ebo was better than a lot have said, he stays.

I would keep Hartlett, has been good since returning overall.

davo999

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Aldinga Beach
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Locks to stay; Robbie, Boak, Lycett, Burton, Duursma, Hayes, Rozee, Butters, Drew, Howard, Clurey, DBJ, Marshall, Ladhams, Amon, Garner, Patmore, Lienert, Woodcock and Jonas.

Hope we can extend Frampton and Farrell. Persist with Grundy, Cox, Frederick and Pudney.

We're stuck with Rockliff unless we can convince the Suns to take over his contract. Can't see any other club going for him. Ditto Motlop/Watts.

We would have to listen to offers for Ollie but realistically where unlikely to trade a Captain. Similar for Dixon if we believe in Marshall, Howard and/or Frampton.

Trade Ryder, Bonner, Atley and Sam Gray.

Thanks for their efforts but time has come for McKenzie, Trengove, Johnson, Mayes, Hewett, Broadbent and Sutcliffe.

SPP has upside and I'd like to see him stay. Ebo was better than a lot have said, he stays.

I would keep Hartlett, has been good since returning overall.
What he said

Back