Review Round 22 2019 vs North - the great humiliation

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate no offense but you could replace those 4 with literally anyone and the result would have been the same last night.

Really though? Goldstein's an All Australian ruckman and Hinkley showed him no respect so Goldy pulled an AA quality performance out and set up the win.

Gold Coast's NEAFL side would've taken us to the cleaners last night.

Gold Coast's NEAFL side DID take us to the cleaners a few times under Scott.

We had the same, worse, problem as you with Scott.

The games you just shouldn't lose with finals on the line but do. And knowing as a supporter you will.

Going to a game and within five minutes knowing "oh s**t, they're mentally not here, we're gunna get flogged".

Really though? Goldstein's an All Australian ruckman and Hinkley showed him no respect so Goldy pulled an AA quality performance out and set up the win.

Caro Wilson (not North supporters favourite person soz) said Goldstein played one of his best ever games and will miss out on 3 votes because of Ben Brown.

Gold Coast's NEAFL side DID take us to the cleaners a few times under Scott.

We had the same, worse, problem as you with Scott.

The games you just shouldn't lose with finals on the line but do. And knowing as a supporter you will.

Going to a game and within five minutes knowing "oh s**t, they're mentally not here, we're gunna get flogged".

That's sort of my point. Last night didn't prove anything about the quality or otherwise of North Melbourne's list.

Ben Brown didn't have a single contested mark for his 10 goals last night. He didn't need one. The defence was beyond insipid. You may as well be praising him for bagging 10 at goalkicking practice.

Can anyone in here definitavely explain the tactics why we lost the clearances?

If we had won them we would have won?

Why was this midfield 'situation ' allowed to continue?
When you easily allow your opponent to get between you and the ball without a fight, it’s over. Repeatedly happened last night, and it’s made to look worse when you can’t apply the necessary pressure to cause a turnover due to the lack of leg speed in the middle.

Really needed Sutcliffe in to terrorise 9 of their players who got over 29/30

All seriousness though
- We hadn't beat anyone in the last month. Not a injury depleted GWS, an injured flopping Essendon or no ruckman tanking Sydney. Two straight wins was always false hope
-Who would of thought, 2 200cm+ marking forwards take about 900 marks against a defence with key sizes of 189, 193 and a bloke who has no idea what hes doing as a kpd in 199. We smashed them a couple of years back by playing howard infront of brown and clurey behind but now ken wants howard as a forward go figure
-Broadbent is cooked
-Clurey was cooked halfway through the 3rd had hands on his hips at the start of the 4th. Has absolutely no acceleration off the mark. Larkey put a block on and Clurey was easily 15m behind Brown. Westhoff and Jonas whoever was playing on Larkey just watched the blocks happen and didn't bother swapping over to Brown was quite comical
- Houston is the player we don't deserve and will probably cook if not next year the year after
- If only we had a player as hard as it as cunnington

Caro Wilson (not North supporters favourite person soz) said Goldstein played one of his best ever games and will miss out on 3 votes because of Ben Brown.

I'd give Goldy the three votes, he set it up. Brown was great, but Goldy got him the opportunity.

How much longer is Hinkley contracted for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess the North fans are possibly hurting today too. They must be wondering where this team has been hiding when they had a season to play for.

Don't feel too bad North fans, Port are actually just making it look easier than it really is.

Imagine the Kangaroos being able to put that much passion into a game where they didn't even have a finals spot on the line. Wow.
North have had a tough year, they're a good side. I think Port are too, they just got caught out. It happen's.

Ollie Wines, for instance, would have gone well-past the likes of Cunnington and Ziebell several years ago if he was at any other club. That’s sorta the crux of the issue.

As I said, I'm on your board so aware of the sensitivities.

Ollie Wines is a gun and came out of the blocks super quick and does seem to have stagnated a bit, but Ben Cunnington holds the all time record for contested possesions in a game.

How much further past that were you expecting Wines to go?

You saw last night that if not heavily tagged he orchestrates it all from the guts.

Scott took that 2014/15 list to its natural limited - we were one genuine match winning gun away from the next level (the tragedy of Jesse W Smith).

Scott's a bullshit artist snake oil salesmen who got his media mates onside creating Brand Scott narratives.

Hinkley the same. Why your premiership ruckman in the twos? Why your gun defender in the twos? Why no tag on Cunnington when the last four or five weeks he's been taken from All Australian form only by close, hard all day tags from the likes of Clarke, Steele and co?

Hinkley.

Last edited:
Ken was playing ping pong with DBJ not long before the bounce.
Nobody else to play ping pong with Darce? Did it have to be Ken because i'd of thought he would have been flat out
checking that everything and everybody was switched on. No wonder he once said "I love coaching this club."
Doubly doubly so when your children are employed there too.
If I go to AO next week I'll get there early (with table tennis bat) and free up Ken from his more onerous duties.

Some-one's gotta maintain the work/life balance and i'm here to help.

That's sort of my point. Last night didn't prove anything about the quality or otherwise of North Melbourne's list.

Ben Brown didn't have a single contested mark for his 10 goals last night. He didn't need one. The defence was beyond insipid. You may as well be praising him for bagging 10 at goalkicking practice.

Yep. When we came over to yours under Scott early in the year you made us look second rate.

I'd give Goldy the three votes, he set it up. Brown was great, but Goldy got him the opportunity.

How much longer is Hinkley contracted for?

End of 2021 on face value. There may be performance clauses in there. No one is saying with any certainty when they kick in. Probably next year.

As I said, I'm on your board so aware of the sensitivities.

Ollie Wines is a gun and came out of the blocks super quick and does seem to have stagnated a bit, but Ben Cunnington holds the all time record for contested possesions in a game.

How much further past that were you expecting Wines to go?

You saw last night that if not heavily tagged he orchestrates it all from the guts.

Scott took that 2014/15 list to its natural limited - we were one genuine match winning gun away from the next level (the tragedy of Jesse W Smith).

Scott's a bulls**t artist snake oil salesmen who got his media mates onside creating Brand Scott narratives.

Hinkley the same. Why your premiership ruckman in the twos? Why your gun defender in the twos? Why no tag on Cunnington when the last four or five weeks he's been taken from All Australian form only by close, hard all day tags from the likes of Clarke, Steele and co?

Hinkley.
We have made selection mistakes all year...Well not just this year.
Not picking our best ruck-man, was a serious error of judgment.
Dropping Sutcliffe, who could have matched up on Cunnington.
Not picking Howard to play on Brown...
Lack of respect> Arrogance...
This would not have changed the result. But the margin could have been different...

YAK, YAK, Yak............

My god Barry. When supporters don't turn up next week, it won't be a "the fans are disengaged and we're not supporting our club" protest. It's a "we're f***ed off and want to put a boot on to the throat our inept decision makers (who signed on KH) so they don't do more damage next year" protest. This isn't the same as the Primus years, in fact pound for pound Ken actually makes Primus look like a success story.

I will always have a membership and will be here long after kkk leave, but not going through that gate next weekend is the only way I can demonstrate my lack of support for the people running OUR club into the ground.

I'm sure as s**t not going to put on my rose coloured glasses and perpetuate the total and utter failure of the last 5 years. Sorry Barry, but that's the least I can do for MY club.

I'm still reeling from last night. I don't know why this game has really affected me. Maybe it was the flicker of hope of the past two weeks being snuffed out by annihilation. The fact we were in pole position to reach the finals and didn't have the mindset and motivation to take advantage. Then the surrender with no leadership from anyone. Not one player delivered the leadership required to suggest hey let's take something from this. And I'll tell you one thing. If the coach and the players all continually say they're not sure why they keep having erratic performances then the coach has to go. It's really as simple as that.
The sick feeling is caused by knowing that there will be no repercussions for this result beyond a couple of token selection changes, and that more of the same is coming next year under the same deaf clowns currently "running" the club.

The last two weeks were just more of the same false hope sold by this football club of impostors to us for the last 5 years.

Major cleanout and culture change required. Start by moving on our so-called "leaders".

End of 2021 on face value. There may be performance clauses in there. No one is saying with any certainty when they kick in. Probably next year.

Yeah that's not a great situation. I reckon you'll end up where we did in 2020, sacking him mid season and just copping the soft cap whack the next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back