Votes: 24 30.0%
  • West Coast < 30

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • West Coast by 30+

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing result, but still positives to take away from it. Only lost it by a goal in the end when i thought it would be more with the way the game was going in the rain. A couple of different calls from the umps and less Barrass brainfades and we would have won.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats should push for a true home final against Eagles.

They can ask, but won't get it. West Coast have a massive travelling fanbase and are very influential in sporting political circles.

A Geelong v West Coast week one final hosted by Geelong would 100 % be held at the MCG, as much as I disagree with it.

Watching West Coast supporters melt never gets old. Did they kick a single second half goal without direct umpire assistance?

Mostly there scoring is umpire assisted, the only bloke that drags in frees better, is Selwood at Geelong for the shoulder drop , although less now, and Dangermouse who actually doesn't have to do anything at all to get a free , you hear a whistle and sure enough Dagers got a free!

Disappointing result, but still positives to take away from it. Only lost it by a goal in the end when i thought it would be more with the way the game was going in the rain. A couple of different calls from the umps and less Barrass brainfades and we would have won.

Couple of different call from the umps and we slot the easy missed goals and you blokes don't pull goals out of your ass all day and we ease home 6 or 7 goal winners.

How fun are hypotheticals!

There seems to be a lot of selective ignoring of the awful decision to give Rioli a free and a goal that kept Eagles in the game late in the 4th.

Umpiring always makes bad calls both ways, you can't call out some and not the others. That was as pivotal in the game as any given the timeframe.

What, in the last quarter? Both teams fought hard, be a little classy.
Not when responding to Kaiserchief I won't bother.

While I love to rant about the umps during the game, I’ve never seen a game where umpires have made more mistakes than players. Not even in the same stratosphere. They might make a few, but over the course of a game it’s a minuscule fraction of the total result. Players lose games, not umpires.

FWIW I thought they had some strange decisions both ways. The Riewoldt boot and Rioli sling went our way, the Kennedy throw and the Riewoldt push didn’t. But it was a game played in pretty tough conditions, and the umpires have to deal with that too.

Such is life.

It’s a waste of a very good game of footy to even be discussing them.

Back