2nds Sturt vs Port Adelaide - Round 17 @ Unley

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win... regardless of what happens next week we will play the Crows reserves in the first final... might wander down for that.

Johnson spear tackled without ball

That’s honestly amazing. No pretence of integrity

That’s honestly very dangerous. When merely “biased” umpiring crosses a red line and creates a basic player welfare issue it’s one of very few things that may finally provoke external scrutiny of SANFL umpiring. That’s if our club has the balls to make a call, not to the AFL, but to the *AFLPA*.

Aidyn may be off our list end season but he’s got a right to a shot at footy somewhere other than a spinal ward.

Aidyn and our club’s specific dysfunctions aside, guys who labour under SANFL umpiring must take a bit of a hit to their development relative to playing in other such comps. AFLPA ought to have interest in the wider issue.

That said I don’t think we’ll do anything at all. I hope to be proven wrong but...

On iPhone using recycled electrons, via BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How'd McKenzie play? He seems to be dominating on the stats most weeks.

I thought he played really well today. Important in getting that ball out of danger, so did Leinart. Lycett should return to the AFL side, had a good game. The defenders were good today, thankfully, and Billy clunked more than two marks today. I thought he did well in the air.

Is Frampton out of contract? He may not be a world beater but I still think he's closer and closer to having an AFL career. I'm sure he would clunk more mars than Dixon at the moment. I'd like us to keep him but ...

Awful game of footy and the conditions were apocalyptic, but always nice to win at Unley. FMD are their fans clueless. Some ******* in the brain trust at the northern end seemed to spend most of the day screeching at Lycett (I think, couldn't really tell from where I was).

Glenelg are certainly the team to beat, but reckon we're the best of the rest. Definitely a chance to jag a flag if we don't drop our bundle.

Eat a bag of dicks sanfl you chode juggling campaigners. The magpies will be in the sanfl finals despite your best efforts to stop them

I look forward to your on field lackeys doing their best to stop us from winning in finals so your bunch of irrelevant fat part timers can claim a tainted trophy with zero sense of the irony of it.
With a double chance. Our odds are good.

Awful game of footy and the conditions were apocalyptic, but always nice to win at Unley. FMD are their fans clueless. Some ******* in the brain trust at the northern end seemed to spend most of the day screeching at Lycett (I think, couldn't really tell from where I was).

Glenelg are certainly the team to beat, but reckon we're the best of the rest. Definitely a chance to jag a flag if we don't drop our bundle.
With this loss, Sturt may miss the Finals altogether.

So even with the double chance we will be hamstrung with who we can play as the AFL team unlikely to play finals. Thanks for nothing Port.

Well, if next week against Centrals Ladhams and Marshall are demoted and Lycett and Motlop are promoted, we shouldn't miss a beat. Otherwise if Ladhams, Marshall, and any other qualified player is picked to play against Freo then they can't play the following week in the sanfl finals as they haven't been officially dropped.

Not really, not if we don’t play AFL finals.
They are not great, but they are good. W. Lakes won't play Finals either. A win would put us in the first PF against Glenelg. We would have two shots at a spot in the GF. That's not bad at all.

Well, if next week against Centrals Ladhams and Marshall are demoted and Lycett and Motlop are promoted, we shouldn't miss a beat. Otherwise if Ladhams, Marshall, and any other qualified player is picked to play against Freo then they can't play the following week in the sanfl finals as they haven't been officially dropped.
Then expect them to play in a dead rubber. Hinkley will find every way to screw the club over.

Really? What a fix? Marshall has played more SANFL games this year?

How does that even work??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back