Resource Potential Port Adelaide father son players

Remove this Banner Ad

With the crows looking at trading pick 3

They'll have as much success with that as they will with trading max contract 30+ year olds.

What player would choose to be traded there?

vozzon

All Australian
Feb 1, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
They'll have as much success with that as they will with trading max contract 30+ year olds.

What player would choose to be traded there?

not too sure, but could help both teams. Would at least like port to look at trading our picks (with any team with a low pick) if they know we will just use them for father son's.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
With the crows looking at trading pick 3
Unless that's for Luko, if they are trading down for 2 firsts that'd be a great move by them... if indeed the drop off after 2 is big.

They'd get far more out of 2 firsts given their lack of high end picks recently.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Jase Burgoyne (2020 Eligible) with 29d for WWT under 18's today.

love to have some confirmation of his height somewhere. nailuj foodles05 Macca19 ? I've heard that he is around the same height as his dad but there were listings of his height as 188cms a few months back as well. 188 surely was a mistake? 178 seems more likely.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Jase Burgoyne (2020 Eligible) with 29d for WWT under 18's today.

love to have some confirmation of his height somewhere. nailuj foodles05 Macca19 ? I've heard that he is around the same height as his dad but there were listings of his height as 188cms a few months back as well. 188 surely was a mistake? 178 seems more likely.
I saw his game today and it looks like he will be a player. Reminds me a little of Tarryn Thomas in terms of his shape, still very skinny but tall for his age. Played off half back mainly. Still very outside but was pretty effective in windy and wet conditions.

Miles ahead of Tex Wanganeen who I doubt will be in the mix to be drafted.

Jan 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Don’t know if it has been posted or not, but Rodans young lad won the Essendon district football league under 11 bnf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw his game today and it looks like he will be a player. Reminds me a little of Tarryn Thomas in terms of his shape, still very skinny but tall for his age. Played off half back mainly. Still very outside but was pretty effective in windy and wet conditions.

Miles ahead of Tex Wanganeen who I doubt will be in the mix to be drafted.

I saw Tex play last weekend and he looked alright in the wet

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's looking like S.Burgoyne is seriously considering joining the Gold Coast Suns on a 3-4 year contract next year and therefore the fear of his kids joining their academy and potentially being drafted to them is real (as is the case with Francou already). Although it seems unlikely, you could currently hold similar fears about Dew's two sons Frankie (eligible 2030) and Jack (eligible 2033) as well. I'm also fairly sure Primus still lives on the Gold Coast and works with the Southport Sharks but he only had daughters so I suppose losing them to the Suns' AFLW team doesn't really affect us (at least not yet). So there's a fair bit of Port Adelaide up on the Gold Coast right now. While I'm at it, I think Preston Cockatoo-Collins is draft eligible next year but has lived almost all of his life in Brisbane and would get academy drafted to the Lions if he's good enough (Che didn't play 100 senior AFL games for us or Essendon).

How many of our F/S prospects will be lining up for finals around the nation this weekend?

It's looking like S.Burgoyne is seriously considering joining the Gold Coast Suns on a 3-4 year contract next year and therefore the fear of his kids joining their academy and potentially being drafted to them is real (as is the case with Francou already). Although it seems unlikely, you could currently hold similar fears about Dew's two sons Frankie (eligible 2030) and Jack (eligible 2033) as well.

The Suns won't exist by the time any of these kids are draft age.

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The Suns won't exist by the time any of these kids are draft age.
While I can appreciate the intended humour behind your post, Ky Burgoyne and Oliver Francou are both draft eligible in the next five years so this is very much a real possibility in the near future. Will Francou is draft eligible in two years but he won't have completed the necessary years of residence to be an academy pick for the Suns so we should be okay with him.

• Taj Schofield played for the WWT U18s in the semi final yesterday and had 21 disposals, 3 tackles, 2 i50s and 1 clearance.
  • Jase Burgoyne played for the WWT U18s in the semi final yesterday and had 15 disposals, 3 marks, 2 i50s, 1 tackle and 1 goal.

Watched the 2004 Grand Final again yesterday, both Peter Burgoyne and Jarrad Schofield took their sons onto the dais with them to accept their premiership medals.

Assume that was Trent Burgoyne and Taj Schofield?

It's looking like S.Burgoyne is seriously considering joining the Gold Coast Suns on a 3-4 year contract next year and therefore the fear of his kids joining their academy and potentially being drafted to them is real (as is the case with Francou already). Although it seems unlikely, you could currently hold similar fears about Dew's two sons Frankie (eligible 2030) and Jack (eligible 2033) as well. I'm also fairly sure Primus still lives on the Gold Coast and works with the Southport Sharks but he only had daughters so I suppose losing them to the Suns' AFLW team doesn't really affect us (at least not yet). So there's a fair bit of Port Adelaide up on the Gold Coast right now. While I'm at it, I think Preston Cockatoo-Collins is draft eligible next year but has lived almost all of his life in Brisbane and would get academy drafted to the Lions if he's good enough (Che didn't play 100 senior AFL games for us or Essendon).

How many of our F/S prospects will be lining up for finals around the nation this weekend?
No way known Brother of Peter's sons would be going to Port anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back