Recommitted Joe Daniher 2019 [requested a trade to Sydney - didn't get there]

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know how many watch "On the Mark" (its a fairly average show), but when he was on thereafter the whole Harley thing came out, he was far, far from convincing that he wouldn't be at the Swans in there near future. Anytime you see a player clearly trotting out the whole "I love the club I'm at at the moment and looking forward to getting back out on the park" and "Right now I'm focused on Essendon" party lines that they have been clearly coached on, you should start to get worried.

Obviously, there is the father-son link and all that comes with that at the Swans, I just get the feeling he may be headed there.

Essendon dont need Daniher anyway IMO, he cant Kick inside 50, 50 an out he's good Hooker is pretty much the same

I don't know how many watch "On the Mark" (its a fairly average show), but when he was on thereafter the whole Harley thing came out, he was far, far from convincing that he wouldn't be at the Swans in there near future. Anytime you see a player clearly trotting out the whole "I love the club I'm at at the moment and looking forward to getting back out on the park" and "Right now I'm focused on Essendon" party lines that they have been clearly coached on, you should start to get worried.

Obviously, there is the father-son link and all that comes with that at the Swans, I just get the feeling he may be headed there.

Agreed, particularly the "Right now I'm focused on Essendon" part made me think he's looking elsewhere than Essendon :(

Daniher is a happy guy. A terrific guy it seems. But he just doesn't seem happy and hasn't for a while. Essendon have been, and will be for a little while yet, a heavy duty club.

A Sydney seachange wouldn't surprise me.

Family loyalty would be strong to EFC though too. That club has been terrific for the Danihers during and after footy. Terry, Neale and Anthony.

I think if the Fam are ok with it, and i think they would be as Joe's happiness is is the main point, then i reckon Sydney are in with a shot. And i certainly wouldn't want Sydney FC chasing my clubs marquee forward. That's what puts bums on seats in Sydney.

If Joe wants out then we best trade for him now and not next year Essendon will want Sydneys first but cant see them giving that.

You would definately get Sydney's 1st. Pick 4. Plus a bit more i would think.

Joe is a star, and this draft aint much chop at the top.

You would definately get Sydney's 1st. Pick 4. Plus a bit more i would think.

What my sources (his school friends) tell me is he’ll never get over his injury, more than likely to play the odd game however his playing days are numbered which is very sad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would definitely get Sydney's 1st. Pick 4. Plus a bit more i would think.

Seriously?....The lad hasn't been able to stay out on the park, in what seems like for an eternity.

Why everybody think GWS going to match green, let Adelaide had green, crotch brother and Sloane, slow midfield.

If any club is crazy enough to offer a Top 10 pick, then take it & run.
It happens

On the back of a 7 game season and serious ? marks over a knee, the hawks traded for Jaeger
If you're backing yourself enough to get him right to trade for him mid-contract, then your surely comfortable enough to pay the price.

With Crow and his merry men moving on, i'd rather hold the likes of Raz & Daniher and get a team in that can get them right. 2 of our more important players.

It happens

On the back of a 7 game season and serious ? marks over a knee, the hawks traded for Jaeger
If you're backing yourself enough to get him right to trade for him mid-contract, then your surely comfortable enough to pay the price.

With Crow and his merry men moving on, i'd rather hold the likes of Raz & Daniher and get a team in that can get them right. 2 of our more important players.

Jaeger was the Top rated junior of his draft class & an inside-midfielder bull in his first 2 seasons.....The Suns also ballsed-up his op in misdiagnosing the issue with his knee.....It's took us another year to get it right & adapt his load training accordingly, as with Burgoyne....But he was worth the risk.

Daniher has had 1 very good season & will turn 26 before a footy is kicked in anger, next year.....I doubt you will get a first rounder for him....Maybe if a trade pick was also involved you could.

Jaeger was the Top rated junior of his draft class & an inside-midfielder bull in his first 2 seasons.....The Suns also ballsed-up his op in misdiagnosing the issue with his knee.....It's took us another year to get it right & adapt his load training accordingly, as with Burgoyne....But he was worth the risk.

Daniher has had 1 very good season & will turn 26 before a footy is kicked in anger, next year.....I doubt you will get a first rounder for him....Maybe if a trade pick was also involved you could.
I disagree it's 1 very good season.
I'd say its a couple with one being near elite (AA that year as a 24yo KPF)
At 26, he is coming into his prime.

And you know what we're like. Contracted, he isn't going anywhere unless a ridiculously good package is put together.

I disagree it's 1 very good season.
I'd say its a couple with one being near elite (AA that year as a 24yo KPF)
At 26, he is coming into his prime.

And you know what we're like. Contracted, he isn't going anywhere unless a ridiculously good package is put together.

Can't see the Swans offering up their prized pick 4....The Top 7 are very clear of the rest of the pack in this years draft.

They still also have Buddy on a reported 1.5 mill per year, given his contract was severely back-ended.

Can't see the Swans offering up their prized pick 4....The Top 7 are very clear of the rest of the pack in this years draft.

They still also have Buddy on a reported 1.5 mill per year, given his contract was severely back-ended.
Yeah
Which is why i don't think it will happen

Personally, im less interested in picks, unless we can trade them for Wines, Cogs, Crouch...we need a ready made ball winner.
If he goes, i want a gun mid.
But would rather he stays.

Yeah; Which is why i don't think it will happen

Personally, I'm less interested in picks, unless we can trade them for Wines, Cogs, Crouch...we need a ready made ball winner.
If he goes, i want a gun mid. But would rather he stays.

Can't see either of Port or Adelaide giving up their best young mid for an injury prone KP player....Pie in the sky stuff there....And Cogs is Hawk bound.

You might have better luck in packaging him up with Aaron Francis to prise one mid away from Adelaide or Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back