• Poll closed .

who_let_the_dogs_out

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Next week will be interesting. If only we didnt s**t the bed earlier in the year against GC and Carlton.

See what happens, but it would be a shame to miss the finals. I reckon we could do some real damage come September.

nooB

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2005
West of Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Real Madrid
I was quietly confident about getting a result against GWS but I did think throughout the week we're gonna s**t the bed against the Crows. It's gonna be some heart breaking s**t if it happens.

Hate playing the Crows and Cats. We just don't match up well on them historically

Spiritof82

Premiership Player
Jan 8, 2004
S**tny, the cesspit of OZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
The Giants held goalless in the second half for consecutive weeks. All talent and no substance.

Supposedly first side since University achieved the feat over 100 years ago, the AFL should bring back University to replace GWS, at least they'd have some supporters turn up to their games

Any particular free kicks you didn’t agree with? The last mark attempt inside 50 at the end for Gws should have been a free kick. Other than that which free kicks were no good? We went in harder. Not to mention we copped a goal reversal that wasn’t even obvious.
The " holding the man " call in the 2nd and the " slam " tackle stood out.

As i said before , had no bearing on the result.

footyfan000001

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

There’s no corruption in the afl with the umpiring favouring teams, it’s laughable that some football fans even think that’s the case. So it is clearly the way we play?

Americanpies

Club Legend
May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood

These were a result of GWS being tough guys all day, and the umpires ready to call them on stuff like 'the slam tackle'. Shaw, Davis, Greene were causing spot fires all day. I'd say these soft calls to The Dogs was more the umpires getting fed up with GWS's BS.

Heath Shaw looks like he forgot his medication this morning, looking forward to him either having a blinder or doing something outrageously dumb. Or maybe even both?

Still haven’t learnt have they, play the ball not the man.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
No toughness in the side I'll back to us to beat GWS and get our first final win in 15 years if they play like that.
Rd1 we weren't ready for AFL footy...probably werent ready for AFLX footy to be honest.
less concerned if we travel up there in finals.

Their injuries to top end talent is killing them.

These were a result of GWS being tough guys all day, and the umpires ready to call them on stuff like 'the slam tackle'. Shaw, Davis, Greene were causing spot fires all day. I'd say these soft calls to The Dogs was more the umpires getting fed up with GWS's BS.
Well the precedent's been set now.
We'll see if it continues next week.

Back